|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hated by most of Old Atlanta society?
(a) Rhett Butler
(b) Ashley Wilkes
(c) Gerald O'Hara
(d) Aunt Pittypat
2. What does Ashley want to do at the mill after he buys it?
(a) Hire freed slaves
(b) Shut it down
(c) Hire more convicts
(d) Expand to New Orleans
3. What/Who does Bonnie become afraid of when she is around two?
(d) The dark
4. What does Scarlett decide to do now that Rhett is leaving?
(a) Turn to Ashley
(b) Kill herself
(c) Go to Tara
(d) Follow him
5. What does Scarlett tell the Yankees at the jail?
(a) She's Rhett's sister
(b) She hates every Yankee for what they did to Tara
(c) She's not feeling well
(d) She wants to marry one of them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett think kept Tara going while she was gone?
2. Why does Rhett want to marry Scarlett?
3. What does Scarlett learn while Rhett is gone?
4. What does Scarlett realize that she wants when she finds herself in the thick fog?
5. What does Rhett notice that gives Scarlett's lies away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett realize as Melanie is dying?
2. How does Ashley escape from the Yankees who are after him for his participation in the shantytown raid?
3. Where does Scarlett find Rhett in Chapter 34? What does he tell her?
4. What do Wade and Ella experience that Rhett doesn't want to happen to Bonnie? What does he decide to do about it?
5. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's declaration of love?
6. Why do Scarlett and Rhett argue in Chapter 43?
7. What does Scarlett realize as she goes home through the thick fog?
8. Who are Scarlett's new friends when Rhett and Scarlett return to Atlanta from New Orleans? Why doesn't Rhett like Scarlett's new friends in Atlanta?
9. What does Scarlett learn about Ashley and Frank in Chapter 45? What happens to Frank?
10. How have Scarlett's feelings toward Ashley changed? What do India, Archie, and Mrs. Elsing see?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)