|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to take Scarlett from Atlanta back to Tara?
(a) Ashley Wilkes
(b) Her mother
(c) Uncle Peter
2. How much does Rhett pay to dance with Scarlett?
(a) One dollar
(b) One hundred dollars
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) One hundred and fifty dollars
3. What makes Rhett popular in Atlanta?
(a) He brings items through the blockade
(b) His involvement with Scarlett
(c) His charms
(d) His money
4. What is the Confederacy doing as Melanie prepares to give birth?
(a) Giving a ball
(b) Preparing to surrender
(c) Preparing to ambush the Union soldiers
(d) Leaving Atlanta
5. Who does Scarlett send to find Rhett as the Yankees are coming?
(a) Aunt Pittypat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett do for the first time in her life?
2. Why are Scarlett and Melanie horrified when Cathleen Calvert tells them that she's going to marry?
3. When does Rhett say he will kiss Scarlett?
4. Why can't Scarlett go to Tara?
5. What does Ashley ask of Scarlett while he is home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Melanie speak to Belle Watling in Chapter 13? Why is she reprimanded for this?
2. How is Melanie's labor symbolic of the battle raging outside of Atlanta?
3. How does Scarlett become the head of Tara after her return with Melanie and the babies?
4. What does Scarlett decide she must do in order to save Tara in Chapter 32? How does she prepare for this?
5. How do the impending Yankee invasion and having to care for Melanie mature Scarlett? In what ways is she beginning to change from the girl that she was?
6. How does Melanie and Scarlett's relationship begin to change in Chapters 26 and 27? What events bind them together?
7. What does Scarlett find in Atlanta when she and Mammy return to find Rhett?
8. What happens when the soldier rides up to Tara in Chapter 26? What benefits does Scarlett gain from the event?
9. What is life like at Tara after the Yankees leave? What does Frank Kennedy confide to Scarlett about the war?
10. Why does Dr. Mead refuse to come to help with Melanie's baby?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)