|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scarlett marry in order to save Tara?
(a) Rhett Butler
(b) Ashley Wilkes
(c) Frank Kennedy
(d) Will Benteen
2. What news does Scarlett have for Frank?
(a) She's running away with Rhett
(b) She's pregnant
(c) She's running for political office
(d) She's joining the Klan
3. Why do some people believe in Scarlett's innocence?
(a) They don't like Rhett
(b) She's always been truthful
(c) Melanie's support
(d) She has too much to lose
4. Who does Scarlett run into after visiting Rhett?
(a) Ashley Wilkes
(b) Will Benteen
(c) Frank Kennedy
(d) Big Sam
5. What does Scarlett name her daughter?
6. What group does Rhett join?
(a) The Republicans
(b) The Atlanta Planters Association
(c) The Klan
(d) The Democratic Party
7. Why did Belle give Ashley an alibi?
(a) She wanted to help Scarlett
(b) So Beau didn't end up fatherless
(c) So Melanie wouldn't be hurt by the scandal
(d) She loves Rhett
8. Scarlett would rather have Tara, money, and food on her table than what?
(a) Her dignity
(b) The pride that Southerns clung to
(c) The South winning the war
(d) Melanie's approval
9. What does Frank hope will calm Scarlett down?
(a) Moving to Tara
(b) A baby
(c) The sawmill
(d) Giving up alcohol
10. What can't Rhett tell Melanie?
(a) Ella is his daughter
(b) He loves Melanie
(c) Scarlett loves Ashley
(d) Rhett told Scarlett she'd miscarry
11. Who does Scarlett shun in Atlanta?
(a) Many of the old families
(b) The carpetbaggers
(c) Many of the workers at the mill
(d) Most Republicans
12. What does Rhett do after Bonnie's death?
(a) Drinks heavily
(b) Strikes Scarlett
(c) Leaves for New Orleans
(d) Kills himself
13. Who attempts to visit Belle to thank her for giving Ashley an alibi?
(d) Aunt Pitty
14. What does Scarlett decide to do in order to save Tara?
(a) Kill Rhett
(b) Marry Frank Kennedy
(c) Steal money from Suellen's husband
(d) Lease out the land
15. What does Rhett tell Scarlett to do?
(a) Fire Ashley
(b) Give him back the money he loaned her
(c) Encourage Frank to stay home more
(d) Sell the sawmill
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarlett shocked to find out at Aunt Pitty's house?
2. Rhett forces Scarlett to go where after he learns about she and Ashley?
3. Melanie leaves Scarlett's party when who arrives?
4. Where do Scarlett and Rhett go?
5. Where does Scarlett go after she loses the baby?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)