|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is distraught over the death of her son?
(a) Aunt Pittypat
(b) Mrs. Wavers
(c) Mrs. Mead
2. What does Scarlett conclude from Ashley's letter?
(a) He is a coward
(b) He is confident that the South will win
(c) He is jealous of Rhett Butler
(d) He doesn't love Melanie
3. What does Rhett refer to Melanie as?
(a) A manipulative woman
(b) A great lady
(c) A sweet girl
(d) A boring housewife
4. Scarlett recognizes the handkerchief that the donation comes in as whose?
(a) Rhett Butler
(b) Uncle Peter
(c) Ashley Wilkes
(d) Gerald O'Hara
5. What can the citizens of Atlanta hear when the Union troops are twenty miles away?
(a) Sounds of battle
(b) Warning signals
(c) Union drums
(d) Confederate horses
6. Why is the South no longer able to purchase goods or sell cotton?
(a) The Confederacy is broke
(b) The Union has cut off access to ports
(c) No other countries will trade with the South
(d) The South's ships have all been sunk
7. Why are Scarlett and Melanie sad after the war ends?
(a) There's been no word from Ashley
(b) They can't help the wounded
(c) They have to sell Tara
(d) Rhett hasn't come back
8. What does Gerald tell Scarlett when they arrive at Tara?
(a) Rhett has been killed in battle
(b) All the slaves have left the plantation
(c) Tara is in the hands of the Yankees
(d) Her mother died the day before
9. How did Gerald get his first slave, Pork?
(a) Ellen's family gave him to Gerald
(b) He won him in a poker game
(c) Pork came with the plantation
(d) He bought him in New York
10. What does Rhett return to Melanie?
(a) A coin
(b) Her handkerchief
(c) Ashley's horse
(d) Her wedding ring
11. Where does Scarlett stay in Atlanta?
(b) Aunt Pittypat's
(c) The hospital
(d) A hotel
12. Where does Scarlett go to volunteer with Aunt Pittypat?
(a) The hosptial
(b) The children's home
(c) The officers' camp
(d) A shelter
13. What does Frank ask of Scarlett?
(a) Tara's cotton
(b) To marry him
(c) If Wade is Rhett's son
(d) Suellen's hand in marriage
14. Why is Belle Watling scandalous?
(a) She stole money from Mrs. Merryweather
(b) She's a prostitute
(c) She's a Union spy
(d) She isn't in mourning for her husband
15. Why does Scarlett resent some of the returning soldiers?
(a) They bring sickness to Tara
(b) They are dirty
(c) They are not Ashley or Rhett
(d) They are another mouth to feed
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Scarlett get?
2. What size waist does Scarlett need for the green spring muslin dress?
3. Big Sam is helping to do what when Scarlett sees him?
4. What does Scarlett do for the first time in her life?
5. What does Rhett ask of Scarlett when he comes to visit?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)