|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the South no longer able to purchase goods or sell cotton?
(a) The South's ships have all been sunk
(b) The Confederacy is broke
(c) No other countries will trade with the South
(d) The Union has cut off access to ports
2. Where is Ashley held prisoner?
(a) Rhode Island
3. Who does Scarlett see after she runs away from the hospital?
(c) Aunt Pittypat
4. With what have Scarlett's slippers been repaired?
(c) Old dresses
5. What does Scarlett begin to do after her visit to the Fontaines?
(a) Realize the situation is hopeless
(b) Pack to go back to Atlanta
(c) Pick cotton
(d) Prepare for her wedding with Rhett
6. Why are Scarlett and Melanie sad after the war ends?
(a) Rhett hasn't come back
(b) There's been no word from Ashley
(c) They have to sell Tara
(d) They can't help the wounded
7. Who remains with Scarlett to face the Yankees?
8. Who stays at Tara with Scarlett and Melanie?
(a) Will Benteen
(b) Ellen O'Hara
(c) Rhett Butler
(d) Aunt Pittypat
9. What does Melanie want from Ashley?
(a) A diamond ring
(b) A son
(c) To move with her to Texas
(d) A plantation of their own
10. Why does Scarlett send for Mrs. Meade?
(a) To care for Melanie's baby
(b) To find where Rhett is
(c) Melanie is having contractions
(d) To help Aunt Pittypat at the hospital
11. What does Melanie announce after Ashley's visit?
(a) She's pregnant
(b) She is leaving him for Rhett
(c) She knows Scarlett kissed Ashley
(d) She's going to live in New Orleans
12. Why are Scarlett and Melanie horrified when Cathleen Calvert tells them that she's going to marry?
(a) Cathleen is marrying a Yankee
(b) Cathleen isn't observing proper mourning time
(c) Cathleen in pregnant
(d) Cathleen is already married
13. What does Scarlett conclude from Ashley's letter?
(a) He is a coward
(b) He is confident that the South will win
(c) He is jealous of Rhett Butler
(d) He doesn't love Melanie
14. Gerald tells Scarlett that what is the only thing that matters?
(a) The Civil War
(b) The land
(c) Ashley Wilkes
(d) Being good
15. What is the Confederacy doing as Melanie prepares to give birth?
(a) Preparing to surrender
(b) Preparing to ambush the Union soldiers
(c) Leaving Atlanta
(d) Giving a ball
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhett refer to Melanie as?
2. What does Scarlett vow as the war ends?
3. Where does Scarlett send the family when they realize the Yankees are coming?
4. Ashley returns home for which holiday?
5. What news does Gerald have for Scarlett?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)