|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposes to Scarlett in chapter 6?
(a) Stuart Tarleton
(b) Rhett Butler
(c) Charles Hamilton
(d) Ashley Wilkes
2. After the Yankees left, what does Scarlett dream about every night?
(b) The fire
(c) A thick fog
(d) Rhett dying
3. What does Melanie ask Scarlett?
(a) To take her to Tara to have the baby
(b) To take care of Ashley if something happens to her
(c) To take care of the baby if something happens to her
(d) To go on to Tara without her
4. What makes Rhett popular in Atlanta?
(a) His money
(b) His involvement with Scarlett
(c) He brings items through the blockade
(d) His charms
5. What does Uncle Peter bring with him to Tara?
(b) Aunt Pittypat
(c) Cotton seeds
(d) A letter from Ashley
6. How much does Rhett pay to dance with Scarlett?
(a) One dollar
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) One hundred and fifty dollars
(d) One hundred dollars
7. What is Scarlett told as she helps Melanie have her baby?
(a) The Yankees are coming
(b) Tara has been burned
(c) Melanie is dying
(d) The baby is dead
8. What does Scarlett conclude from Ashley's letter?
(a) He is jealous of Rhett Butler
(b) He is confident that the South will win
(c) He doesn't love Melanie
(d) He is a coward
9. What illness does Scarlett get?
(b) An infected toe
(c) An ear infection
10. What does Melanie want from Ashley?
(a) A plantation of their own
(b) A son
(c) A diamond ring
(d) To move with her to Texas
11. What does Rhett refer to Melanie as?
(a) A manipulative woman
(b) A boring housewife
(c) A sweet girl
(d) A great lady
12. Scarlett recognizes the handkerchief that the donation comes in as whose?
(a) Ashley Wilkes
(b) Rhett Butler
(c) Gerald O'Hara
(d) Uncle Peter
13. What does Scarlett decide she must do to save Tara?
(a) Marry a Yankee
(b) Become Rhett's mistress
(c) Get a job in Atlanta
(d) Beg Aunt Pittypat for money
14. Where does Scarlett stay in Atlanta?
(a) A hotel
(b) The hospital
(d) Aunt Pittypat's
15. Who arrives to take Scarlett from Atlanta back to Tara?
(b) Uncle Peter
(c) Ashley Wilkes
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What size waist does Scarlett need for the green spring muslin dress?
2. With what have Scarlett's slippers been repaired?
3. Why did Gerald flee to the United States from Ireland?
4. Why is the South no longer able to purchase goods or sell cotton?
5. Who does Scarlett send to find Rhett as the Yankees are coming?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)