Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3
• Scarlett learns Ashley Wilkes plans to marry Melanie Hamilton, which upsets her.
• Scarlett talks to her father about Ashley, but her father reminds her that land is the only thing that matters.
• Gerald O'Hara won Tara, the plantation, in a poker game and has made a respectable name for himself in the community.
Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• Scarlett is given Prissy as her personal maid.
• Scarlett decides Ashley must not know she loves him. She decides to tell him at the picnic the next day.
• The family goes to Twelve Oaks for the party.
• Scarlett flirts with the men and tries to get Ashley alone.
• When she succeeds in getting him alone, Scarlett tells Ashley that she loves him, but he says that he's going to marry Melanie.
• Rhett Butler overhears the conversation between Scarlett and Ashley and laughs at Scarlett.
• Scarlett agrees to marry Melanie's...
This section contains 1,418 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)