|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boxer is being rubbed down by his trainer?
2. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
3. Joe tells Lorna that not only has he killed a man, _______________________.
4. Joe says that Lorna is real for him just as _______________ was real.
5. What news does Frank get from the phone call?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Mr. Bonaparte and Moody. Both men want influence over Joe but have their hold on him in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
There is much hypocrisy throughout the novel. Identify three situations of hypocritical behavior and what makes them prime examples of hypocrisy. Which characters are the most hypocritical? The least?
Essay Topic 3
Regret seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of regret? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)