|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ring official want to see after the fight?
2. Lorna feels an obligation to Moody because he _________________________.
3. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
4. When Moody tells Lorna that they are on their way, she says that he ___________________.
5. Where has Moody taken Joe that makes Eddie mad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
The play is set in America during The Great Depression. Explain the significance of The Great Depression on America in general and the Bonaparte family specifically. What impact did The Great Depression have on the choices that the Bonapartes made? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? Who was the "golden boy?" How was he golden to different people? Remember that financial status is not the only measure of a man's worth.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)