|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ring official want to see after the fight?
2. Which of the following is not what Joe's car represents to him?
3. What has Moody's wife agreed to?
4. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Who takes the fateful phone call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odets is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Mr. Bonaparte and Moody. Both men want influence over Joe but have their hold on him in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? Who was the "golden boy?" How was he golden to different people? Remember that financial status is not the only measure of a man's worth.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)