|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Lorna says that looking at Joe is like _____________________.
3. What do Eddie and Mr. Bonaparte fight about?
4. Who is the fighter who will oppose Joe in his upcoming fight?
5. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much hypocrisy throughout the novel. Identify three situations of hypocritical behavior and what makes them prime examples of hypocrisy. Which characters are the most hypocritical? The least?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the play's title? Who was the "golden boy?" How was he golden to different people? Remember that financial status is not the only measure of a man's worth.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)