|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorna tell Moody that gets him very upset?
2. According to Moody, Joe needs to be treated like ____________.
3. Who rubs down Joe after the fight?
4. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
5. What does Joe tell his father that he wants in life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play is set in America during The Great Depression. Explain the significance of The Great Depression on America in general and the Bonaparte family specifically. What impact did The Great Depression have on the choices that the Bonapartes made? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Odets is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
There is much hypocrisy throughout the novel. Identify three situations of hypocritical behavior and what makes them prime examples of hypocrisy. Which characters are the most hypocritical? The least?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)