|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moody finally realize tonight?
2. Who rushes into the locker room and threatens Joe after the fight?
3. What does Joe tell the reporters to do?
4. What does Joe do as Tokio rubs him down on the massage table.
5. Tokio tells Joe that his fighting is fueled by _________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the family in GOLDEN BOY. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is the Bonaparte family to most American families living during the Great Depression in the 1930s?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mr. Bonaparte. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Bonaparte?
Essay Topic 3
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in GOLDEN BOY. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)