|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Joe sustain in the fight?
2. When Moody tells Lorna that they are on their way, she says that he ___________________.
3. Joe tells Lorna that not only has he killed a man, _______________________.
4. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
5. Who rushes into the locker room and threatens Joe after the fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the ongoing conflict between Joe and Mr. Bonaparte, and Moody and Lorna. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate?
Essay Topic 2
Regret seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of regret? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Mr. Bonaparte. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Bonaparte?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)