|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
2. Joe tells Lorna that sometimes he awakens and senses something _________________.
3. Lorna convinces Joe that he still has ______________.
4. Joe tells Lorna that not only has he killed a man, _______________________.
5. What injury does Joe sustain in the fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the family in GOLDEN BOY. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is the Bonaparte family to most American families living during the Great Depression in the 1930s?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Joe Bonaparte. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Joe?
Essay Topic 3
Odets opens the play with the story of Lorna and her desperation to marry Moody who is still married. What does Lorna symbolize in the novel? Why does Odets use her character to establish the story?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)