Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
2. What does Eddie threaten to do?
3. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why are all the people gathered at the Bonaparte home?
5. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
Odets is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Does Odets end the play on a note of hope or the continuance of the futility of man's struggle to live the American Dream. Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Describe the role of the family in GOLDEN BOY. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is the Bonaparte family to most American families living during the Great Depression in the 1930s?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)