|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe tell his father that he wants in life?
2. Why are all the people gathered at the Bonaparte home?
3. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
4. Lorna feels an obligation to Moody because he _________________________.
5. Joe tells Lorna that __________________.
Essay Topic 1
The play is set in America during The Great Depression. Explain the significance of The Great Depression on America in general and the Bonaparte family specifically. What impact did The Great Depression have on the choices that the Bonapartes made? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in GOLDEN BOY. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Odet's use of symbolism and imagery in the book as related to the violin. What does the violin represent? Which characters are especially affected by the violin and what does it mean to them?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)