|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joe says that Lorna is real for him just as _______________ was real.
2. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
3. Why are all the people gathered at the Bonaparte home?
4. According to Moody, Joe needs to be treated like ____________.
5. Lorna says that looking at Joe is like _____________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much hypocrisy throughout the novel. Identify three situations of hypocritical behavior and what makes them prime examples of hypocrisy. Which characters are the most hypocritical? The least?
Essay Topic 2
Regret seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of regret? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Mr. Bonaparte. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Bonaparte?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)