|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorna feels an obligation to Moody because he _________________________.
2. Who rubs down Joe after the fight?
3. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What has Moody's wife agreed to?
5. Who does Lorna admit that she loves at the end of the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the ongoing conflict between Joe and Mr. Bonaparte, and Moody and Lorna. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for the play. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Odets choose to use these places in the drama?
Essay Topic 3
Regret seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of regret? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)