Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
2. What does Eddie threaten to do?
3. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why are all the people gathered at the Bonaparte home?
5. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mr. Bonaparte. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Bonaparte?
Essay Topic 2
Odets is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Odet's use of symbolism and imagery in the book as related to the violin. What does the violin represent? Which characters are especially affected by the violin and what does it mean to them?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)