|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sounds is not heard at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Joe do as Tokio rubs him down on the massage table.
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
5. Why does Eddie say that Joe is fighting badly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the play's title? Who was the "golden boy?" How was he golden to different people? Remember that financial status is not the only measure of a man's worth.
Essay Topic 2
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in GOLDEN BOY. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Joe states that he has a few dreamlike episodes where he disassociates himself from his actions. Why do you think he does this? Are these situations really just dreams or are they really happening? Explain.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)