|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Frank get from the phone call?
2. According to Tokio, a man who only lives on hate is _________________.
3. Lorna convinces Joe that he still has ______________.
4. Moody says that he is sick of Joe's ________________.
5. Who does Lorna admit that she loves at the end of the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Mr. Bonaparte and Moody. Both men want influence over Joe but have their hold on him in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
There is much hypocrisy throughout the novel. Identify three situations of hypocritical behavior and what makes them prime examples of hypocrisy. Which characters are the most hypocritical? The least?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for the lives of four of the characters. Remember to exclude Joe and Lorna but you may choose from any of the others.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)