|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe think he senses when he awakens?
2. Why does Eddie say that Joe is fighting badly?
3. What does Moody call Eddie?
4. Joe tells Lorna that sometimes he awakens and senses something _________________.
5. Who rushes into the locker room and threatens Joe after the fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the family in GOLDEN BOY. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is the Bonaparte family to most American families living during the Great Depression in the 1930s?
Essay Topic 2
Does Odets end the play on a note of hope or the continuance of the futility of man's struggle to live the American Dream. Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? Who was the "golden boy?" How was he golden to different people? Remember that financial status is not the only measure of a man's worth.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)