|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not what Joe's car represents to him?
2. Lorna says that looking at Joe is like _____________________.
3. Lorna convinces Joe that he still has ______________.
4. Moody says that he is sick of Joe's ________________.
5. What does Joe ask Lorna when he comes into Moody's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Describe some of the settings for the play. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Odets choose to use these places in the drama?
Essay Topic 2What is the significance of the play's title? Who was the "golden boy?" How was he golden to different people? Remember that financial status is not the only measure of a man's worth.
Essay Topic 3Describe the role of the family in GOLDEN BOY. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is the Bonaparte family to most American families living during the Great Depression in the 1930s?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)