|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie threaten to do?
2. Who is the fighter who will oppose Joe in his upcoming fight?
3. Who does Lorna admit that she loves at the end of the scene?
4. Joe tells Lorna that __________________.
5. What does Moody offer to Siggie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Odets opens the play with the story of Lorna and her desperation to marry Moody who is still married. What does Lorna symbolize in the novel? Why does Odets use her character to establish the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the play's title? Who was the "golden boy?" How was he golden to different people? Remember that financial status is not the only measure of a man's worth.
Essay Topic 3
Does Odets end the play on a note of hope or the continuance of the futility of man's struggle to live the American Dream. Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)