|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moody finally realize tonight?
2. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
3. Which boxer is being rubbed down by his trainer?
4. What do Joe and Lorna fight about?
5. What does the ring official want to see after the fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for the lives of four of the characters. Remember to exclude Joe and Lorna but you may choose from any of the others.
Essay Topic 2
Odets is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Joe Bonaparte. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Joe?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)