Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
2. What does Eddie threaten to do?
3. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why are all the people gathered at the Bonaparte home?
5. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
Essay Topic 1
Odets opens the play with the story of Lorna and her desperation to marry Moody who is still married. What does Lorna symbolize in the novel? Why does Odets use her character to establish the story?
Essay Topic 2
Does Odets end the play on a note of hope or the continuance of the futility of man's struggle to live the American Dream. Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? Who was the "golden boy?" How was he golden to different people? Remember that financial status is not the only measure of a man's worth.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)