|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moody make Joe feel like?
2. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Joe tells Lorna that sometimes he awakens and senses something _________________.
4. What does Moody do as a result of an argument with Joe?
5. Why is Frank wearing a bandage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play is set in America during The Great Depression. Explain the significance of The Great Depression on America in general and the Bonaparte family specifically. What impact did The Great Depression have on the choices that the Bonapartes made? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Odet's use of symbolism and imagery in the book as related to the violin. What does the violin represent? Which characters are especially affected by the violin and what does it mean to them?
Essay Topic 3
The search for The American Dream is an important theme in GOLDEN BOY. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)