|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Tom's fighters is fighting tonight?
2. According to Joe, life on the streets is ___________.
3. Why does Lorna say she does not like Joe?
(a) He's too much inside himself.
(b) He's not very attractive.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He swears.
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A church.
(b) A bar.
(c) The Bonaparte home.
(d) A men's club.
5. What does Lorna promise Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) To marry Joe.
(b) To keep an eye on Joe.
(c) To leave Joe alone.
(d) To repay the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bad news Tom receives?
2. Who promises Joe better fights and better press coverage?
3. Which of the following is not a topic of the conversation between the two?
4. What is Joe doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. Who is Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ill-fated decision do Lorna and Joe make in an attempt to escape from the restrictions of their lives?
2. How is Joe's intention to box revealed to the family?
3. How does Joe reveal his love for Lorna?
4. How does the author use this scene to showcase the dark side of the American Dream?
5. What would the purchase of a fast, expensive car represent to Joe?
6. What role does money play in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Why is the news of the Chocolate Drop's death the climax of the play?
8. What bad news does Kaplan get while he is kissing Lorna in his office?
9. How does the author foreshadow Joe and Lorna's relationship in this scene?
10. What is the premise of Bonaparte's visit to Moody's office?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)