|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
(a) A mugging.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A street violinist.
(d) A mime.
2. Who is Anna?
(a) Mr. Carp's daughter.
(b) Joe's girlfriend.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte's secretary.
(d) Siggie's wife.
3. How old is Joe?
4. What does Moody tell Tokio?
(a) He should take a couple days off.
(b) It's his job to make sure Joe wins on Tuesday.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He's the best trainer he has.
5. Who promises Joe better fights and better press coverage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to tell Tom some bad news?
2. What does Joe do before leaving for the train station?
3. What is Joe's greatest love?
4. What has Mr. Bonaparte just purchased for Joe?
5. Joe says that Mr. Bonaparte focuses on ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Moody and Roxy's plans to get Joe to be a more aggressive fighter?
2. How does Joe's obnoxious behavior prompt Lorna to say she loves Moody in front of Joe?
3. What does Eddie Fuseli want from Moody and how does Moody respond?
4. Why is the news of the Chocolate Drop's death the climax of the play?
5. How does the author introduce the subject of war into this scene?
6. What ill-fated decision do Lorna and Joe make in an attempt to escape from the restrictions of their lives?
7. How does Lorna exhibit weariness in Moody's latest declarations of an upturn in events?
8. What bad news does Kaplan get while he is kissing Lorna in his office?
9. Describe the encounter between Joe and Lorna after Joe learns that she is marrying Moody in a few days.
10. Describe how Joe goes from the height of glory to the depths of depression in a matter of minutes after the knockout fight with The Chocolate Drop.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)