|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe says that Mr. Bonaparte focuses on ______________.
2. What does Moody say about Joe's behavior lately?
(a) He is going to take a dive.
(b) He is throwing matches.
(c) He drives like a maniac.
(d) He is too big for his britches.
3. Where does Lorna tell Joe to put all his passion?
(a) Being a fighter.
(b) Going to college.
(c) Becoming a doctor.
(d) Composing music.
4. This scene is a conflict between _________________.
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Employer and employee.
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Father and son.
5. What does Joe tell Moody about boxing?
(a) He hopes he can get better.
(b) He hasn't made up his mind about it yet.
(c) He lives for it.
(d) He plans to be a world champion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorna tells Moody and Roxy that Joe ___________________________.
2. What does Mr. Bonaparte give Joe to take with him?
3. How does Moody describe Joe's attitude?
4. Who does Roxy say is not crazy about watching Joe fight?
5. What does Frank bring home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does money play in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How do Joe and his father finally clash in their ideas for what Joe should do with his life?
3. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4, and what is the topic of conversation between Joe and Lorna as the scene opens?
4. Explain how Eddie Fuseli and Joe's expensive car symbolize danger for Joe.
5. Describe the feeling Joe tells Lorna he has upon awakening sometimes.
6. Why is the news of the Chocolate Drop's death the climax of the play?
7. What is the symbolism of Joe's broken hand in this fight?
8. What are Joe's feelings about Fuseli being part owner of his career?
9. Who is Siggie and what does he want Mr. Bonaparte to buy for him?
10. Explain the foreshadowing of Moody's comments about separating Joe and his father.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)