|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not watching Joe train?
2. What does Lorna ask Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) If he would bless her marriage to Joe.
(b) If he likes her.
(c) If Joe has the makings of a boxer.
(d) If he will loan her some money.
3. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A bar.
(b) The Bonapartes' kitchen.
(c) A street corner.
(d) Moody's office.
4. Joe says that he focuses on ______________.
(a) The future.
5. Who is Mr. Carp?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte's bookie.
(b) The Bonapartes' neighbor.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte's friend.
(d) The neighborhood grocer.
Short Answer Questions
1. All Siggie wants to do is raise a family like a normal man __________________.
2. Who is Anna?
3. Who is Siggie?
4. With what organization is Eddie associated?
5. Joe thinks Lorna is lost and _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Joe goes from the height of glory to the depths of depression in a matter of minutes after the knockout fight with The Chocolate Drop.
2. How does the author show that Lorna is torn about which man she really loves--Moody or Joe.
3. What is the terrible irony of Joe and Lorna's deaths?
4. How does Joe respond to Tokio's advice to forget about Lorna?
5. How does Joe reveal his love for Lorna?
6. What is the irony of Moody quoting from the Declaration of Independence?
7. How does Lorna exhibit weariness in Moody's latest declarations of an upturn in events?
8. Explain the importance Mr. Bonaparte places on the violin he has purchased for Joe.
9. How does the author use this scene to showcase the dark side of the American Dream?
10. How does Lorna respond to Joe's sharing his feelings with her?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)