|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tokio say Joe needs to become a better fighter?
(c) New gloves.
(d) More promotion.
2. According to Roxy, Joe fights as though ______________________.
(a) He's afraid of blood.
(b) He's an animal.
(c) He's saving his hands.
(d) He's a girl.
3. What is the topic of conversation among the others?
4. Who offers to persuade Joe to fight?
5. What does Lorna want Tom to do?
(a) Buy a car.
(b) Lend her money.
(c) Take her to dinner.
(d) Leave his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not listening to Roxy talk?
2. Roxy is concerned that Joe may get knocked out in a fight in which city?
3. What does Tom tell Roxy?
4. What does Moody say about Joe's behavior lately?
5. Who promises Joe better fights and better press coverage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe tell Lorna about how music makes him feel?
2. What is the irony of Moody quoting from the Declaration of Independence?
3. Explain the importance Mr. Bonaparte places on the violin he has purchased for Joe.
4. What is the symbolism of Joe's broken hand in this fight?
5. Describe how Fuseli threatens Lorna.
6. What bad news does Kaplan get while he is kissing Lorna in his office?
7. Why does Lorna feel a sense of loyalty toward Moody even though she now loves Joe?
8. What would the purchase of a fast, expensive car represent to Joe?
9. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2 and which two characters open the scene?
10. How does Lorna respond to Joe's sharing his feelings with her?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)