|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moody describe Joe's attitude?
2. Who wants to become part owner of Joe's career?
3. Who promises Joe better fights and better press coverage?
4. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
5. Moody congratulates Tokio on ______________________.
(a) His new car.
(b) How far Joe has come.
(c) His new child.
(d) His marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorna ask Mr. Bonaparte?
2. What is Joe's condition when he comes home?
3. Who is Anna?
4. Who is Siggie?
5. Which one of Tom's fighters is fighting tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between Joe and Lorna after Joe learns that she is marrying Moody in a few days.
2. How does the author show the greedy, callous nature of Joe's handlers?
3. What bad news does Kaplan get while he is kissing Lorna in his office?
4. Explain how both the positive and negative aspects of money are revealed in Act 2, Scene 3.
5. Explain how Joe's arrogance and cocky attitude are masking his true feelings about his life direction.
6. Explain the irony of Fuseli calling Joe the "golden boy."
7. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 3 and what is the topic of conversation among the characters as the scene opens?
8. Explain the importance Mr. Bonaparte places on the violin he has purchased for Joe.
9. How does the author use language to set up the tone of the play right from the beginning?
10. What are Moody and Roxy's plans to get Joe to be a more aggressive fighter?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)