|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bonaparte call Roxy and Moody?
(a) Joe's new friends.
2. What does Tom tell Roxy?
(a) He needs to have more promotion.
(b) Kaplan will fight injured.
(c) He has a replacement for Kaplan.
(d) The fight is cancelled.
3. Who is Tom Moody?
(b) Boxing manager.
(c) Grocery manager.
(d) Football coach.
4. Who is Mr. Carp?
(a) The neighborhood grocer.
(b) The Bonapartes' neighbor.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte's bookie.
(d) Mr. Bonaparte's friend.
5. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
(a) Large sum of money.
(b) His pension.
(c) The house.
(d) Full custody of the kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moody congratulates Tokio on ______________________.
2. Lorna tells Moody and Roxy that Joe ___________________________.
3. What is Tom desperate for?
4. How much time has passed since the last scene?
5. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Siggie and what does he want Mr. Bonaparte to buy for him?
2. Contrast Frank's injuries to those that Joe has sustained in his career.
3. What does Eddie Fuseli want from Moody and how does Moody respond?
4. How does the bell signal the last round between Joe and his father?
5. How does the author use language to set up the tone of the play right from the beginning?
6. Describe the encounter between Joe and Lorna after Joe learns that she is marrying Moody in a few days.
7. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2 and which two characters open the scene?
8. What is the premise of Bonaparte's visit to Moody's office?
9. What ill-fated decision do Lorna and Joe make in an attempt to escape from the restrictions of their lives?
10. How does Lorna exhibit weariness in Moody's latest declarations of an upturn in events?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)