|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe tell Tom about tonight's fight?
(a) He'll throw it.
(b) He'll give it his best shot.
(c) He'll be surprised.
(d) He's never boxed before.
2. How does Moody respond to the request for partnership in Joe's career?
(a) He will consider it after 10 more fights.
(b) He refuses outright.
(c) He is willing to go 70/30.
(d) He says he'll think about it.
3. Who is Tom Moody?
(a) Grocery manager.
(c) Football coach.
(d) Boxing manager.
4. What does Lorna promise Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) To repay the money.
(b) To marry Joe.
(c) To keep an eye on Joe.
(d) To leave Joe alone.
5. Who stops by to say goodbye to Joe?
(d) Mr. Carp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Bonaparte staring at as the scene ends?
2. Moody tells Eddie that ____________ has the most influence over Joe.
3. What topic does Mr. Bonaparte deride Mr. Carp for bringing up?
4. What does Joe say when Lorna tells him that Moody loves her?
5. Why does Lorna say she does not like Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 3 and what is the topic of conversation among the characters as the scene opens?
2. How does the bell signal the last round between Joe and his father?
3. What is the symbolism of Joe's broken hand in this fight?
4. What role does money play in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Describe the feeling Joe tells Lorna he has upon awakening sometimes.
6. How is Joe's loss of his musical dream impacting his fighting career?
7. Describe how Fuseli threatens Lorna.
8. Describe the encounter between Joe and Lorna after Joe learns that she is marrying Moody in a few days.
9. What would the purchase of a fast, expensive car represent to Joe?
10. What is the premise of Bonaparte's visit to Moody's office?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)