|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frank?
(a) Lorna's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Siggie's brother.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte's eldest son.
(d) Mr. Carp's youngest son.
2. Which two characters are engaged in a conversation?
(a) Anna and Siggie.
(b) Moody and Lorna.
(c) Joe and Lorna.
(d) Joe and Anna.
3. What does Joe like to read?
(a) The encyclopedia.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Romance novels.
(d) Shakespeare plays.
4. What is Joe doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
(b) Playing the violin.
(c) Working out.
(d) Packing a suitcase.
5. What does Anna ask Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) If he will fix the kitchen sink.
(b) Why he won't buy a new suit.
(c) Why he won't buy the cab.
(d) If he will come to dinner on Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to become part owner of Joe's career?
2. What does Tom tell Roxy?
3. What is the topic of conversation among the others?
4. What is Tom desperate for?
5. What does Joe say he wants to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe retaliate for Lorna's hurtful comments toward him?
2. Describe the encounter between Joe and Lorna after Joe learns that she is marrying Moody in a few days.
3. How does Bonaparte's appearance in Moody's office signify the idea that there is more to life than making money?
4. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 3 and what is the topic of conversation among the characters as the scene opens?
5. How does the author show the greedy, callous nature of Joe's handlers?
6. Describe the feeling Joe tells Lorna he has upon awakening sometimes.
7. What is the terrible irony of Joe and Lorna's deaths?
8. Explain the importance Mr. Bonaparte places on the violin he has purchased for Joe.
9. How does the author introduce the subject of war into this scene?
10. Explain how Eddie Fuseli and Joe's expensive car symbolize danger for Joe.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)