|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
2. With what organization is Eddie associated?
(a) The Rotary.
(d) Knights of Columbus.
3. This scene is a conflict between _________________.
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Employer and employee.
(d) Husband and wife.
4. What does Tokio reveal about Joe?
(a) He is sleeping with too many girls.
(b) He is drinking too much.
(c) He bought a fast, expensive car.
(d) He is doing drugs.
5. Who does Siggie want to go into business with?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte.
(c) Mr. Carp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Carp?
2. Joe says that Mr. Bonaparte focuses on ______________.
3. Who does the boy say can fight in Kaplan's place?
4. Who was the boxer Kaplan had been sparring with when he broke his hand?
5. What does Joe do before leaving for the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the irony of Fuseli calling Joe the "golden boy."
2. How does Joe retaliate for Lorna's hurtful comments toward him?
3. Why is the news of the Chocolate Drop's death the climax of the play?
4. How does the bell signal the last round between Joe and his father?
5. What is the premise of Bonaparte's visit to Moody's office?
6. How does the author use this scene to showcase the dark side of the American Dream?
7. What is the irony of Moody quoting from the Declaration of Independence?
8. How does Lorna exhibit weariness in Moody's latest declarations of an upturn in events?
9. What ill-fated decision do Lorna and Joe make in an attempt to escape from the restrictions of their lives?
10. What role does money play in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)