|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tokio reveal about Joe?
(a) He bought a fast, expensive car.
(b) He is sleeping with too many girls.
(c) He is drinking too much.
(d) He is doing drugs.
2. What does Roxy say about musicians in the park?
(a) They're amateurs.
(b) They're an inspiration.
(c) They're an annoyance.
(d) They're bums.
3. Who tries to tell Roxy how to manage Joe?
4. What does Mr. Bonaparte call Roxy and Moody?
(d) Joe's new friends.
5. Where is Joe going?
(a) Boxing tour of the Midwest.
(b) Boxing camp in Florida.
(c) His grandparents' home.
(d) Juilliard School of Music.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Roxy, Joe fights as though ______________________.
2. With what organization is Eddie associated?
3. Lorna tells Moody and Roxy that Joe ___________________________.
4. Why does Lorna say she does not like Joe?
5. Who does Mr. Bonaparte think should decide the best career direction for Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What request does Bonaparte make of Lorna?
2. Explain how Joe's decisions are all driven by anger from the time he breaks his hand.
3. Describe how Joe goes from the height of glory to the depths of depression in a matter of minutes after the knockout fight with The Chocolate Drop.
4. Explain how Joe's arrogance and cocky attitude are masking his true feelings about his life direction.
5. Describe the encounter between Joe and Lorna after Joe learns that she is marrying Moody in a few days.
6. How does the author use language to set up the tone of the play right from the beginning?
7. What does Eddie Fuseli want from Moody and how does Moody respond?
8. What are Moody and Roxy's plans to get Joe to be a more aggressive fighter?
9. How does Joe respond to Tokio's advice to forget about Lorna?
10. Explain the importance Mr. Bonaparte places on the violin he has purchased for Joe.
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)