|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
(a) Full custody of the kids.
(b) His pension.
(c) Large sum of money.
(d) The house.
2. What is the bad news Tom receives?
(a) Kaplan broke his hand.
(b) The bank foreclosed on his house.
(c) His wife was in a car accident.
(d) His wife refuses to sign the divorce papers.
3. Roxy and Moody tell Joe they know about ______________.
(a) The women.
(b) The drugs.
(c) The booze.
(d) The car.
4. This scene is a conflict between _________________.
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Employer and employee.
5. Who is Frank?
(a) Siggie's brother.
(b) Lorna's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Mr. Carp's youngest son.
(d) Mr. Bonaparte's eldest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Carp want to discuss after Joe leaves?
2. Moody tells Eddie that ____________ has the most influence over Joe.
3. Who is Siggie?
4. What is Joe's condition when he comes home?
5. What does Anna ask Mr. Bonaparte?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Joe's loss of his musical dream impacting his fighting career?
2. What bad news does Kaplan get while he is kissing Lorna in his office?
3. How does Moody come to know Joe Bonaparte?
4. What is the premise of Bonaparte's visit to Moody's office?
5. How does the author use language to set up the tone of the play right from the beginning?
6. What are Moody and Roxy's plans to get Joe to be a more aggressive fighter?
7. How is Lorna's life shown to be in stark contrast to the environment in which Joe grew up?
8. How does the bell signal the last round between Joe and his father?
9. Explain how Joe's arrogance and cocky attitude are masking his true feelings about his life direction.
10. How does Joe respond to Tokio's advice to forget about Lorna?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)