|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Athletic Club.
(d) Living room.
2. What does Joe do before leaving for the train station?
(a) Changes clothes.
(b) Has some lunch.
(c) Brushes his hair.
(d) Plays the violin.
3. How does Moody describe Joe's attitude?
4. What does Joe tell Lorna to tell Moody?
(a) He wants a new manager.
(b) He has to think about boxing some more.
(c) The next world champ is ready to go.
(d) He quit boxing.
5. What does Moody say about Joe's behavior lately?
(a) He is throwing matches.
(b) He is going to take a dive.
(c) He drives like a maniac.
(d) He is too big for his britches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe tell Tom about tonight's fight?
2. How does Moody respond to the request for partnership in Joe's career?
3. Joe says that Mr. Bonaparte focuses on ______________.
4. What is the boy's name?
5. According to Joe, life on the streets is ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Moody quoting from the Declaration of Independence?
2. What does Eddie Fuseli want from Moody and how does Moody respond?
3. What role does money play in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How is Joe's intention to box revealed to the family?
5. How does Fuseli symbolize the final break between Joe and his family and a more artistic way of life?
6. How does Joe retaliate for Lorna's hurtful comments toward him?
7. How does Joe respond to Tokio's advice to forget about Lorna?
8. Explain how Joe's decisions are all driven by anger from the time he breaks his hand.
9. How does Moody come to know Joe Bonaparte?
10. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4, and what is the topic of conversation between Joe and Lorna as the scene opens?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)