|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joe, life on the streets is ___________.
2. Who stops by to say goodbye to Joe?
(c) Mr. Carp.
3. Who is Lorna?
(a) A secretary.
(b) Tom Moody's girlfriend.
(c) A high school cheerleader.
(d) A nurse.
4. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
(a) A street violinist.
(b) A mugging.
(c) A mime.
(d) A car accident.
5. What is the bad news Tom receives?
(a) Kaplan broke his hand.
(b) His wife was in a car accident.
(c) The bank foreclosed on his house.
(d) His wife refuses to sign the divorce papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joe thinks Lorna is lost and _____________.
2. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
3. What does Siggie want Mr. Bonaparte to buy him?
4. In addition to Joe, who will benefit if Joe becomes a good boxer?
5. What does Lorna ask Mr. Bonaparte?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author foreshadow Joe and Lorna's relationship in this scene?
2. How does Moody come to know Joe Bonaparte?
3. How does the author show the greedy, callous nature of Joe's handlers?
4. How is Joe's loss of his musical dream impacting his fighting career?
5. What is the irony of Moody quoting from the Declaration of Independence?
6. What request does Bonaparte make of Lorna?
7. How is Lorna's life shown to be in stark contrast to the environment in which Joe grew up?
8. What does Joe tell Lorna about how music makes him feel?
9. What would the purchase of a fast, expensive car represent to Joe?
10. Explain the foreshadowing of Moody's comments about separating Joe and his father.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)