|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe like to read?
(a) Shakespeare plays.
(b) Romance novels.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The encyclopedia.
2. Joe thinks Lorna is lost and _____________.
3. What does Joe tell Lorna to tell Moody?
(a) He wants a new manager.
(b) He has to think about boxing some more.
(c) He quit boxing.
(d) The next world champ is ready to go.
4. Moody congratulates Tokio on ______________________.
(a) His new child.
(b) His new car.
(c) How far Joe has come.
(d) His marriage.
5. What is the topic of conversation among the others?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Carp want to discuss after Joe leaves?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Lorna's job?
4. What does Joe accuse Lorna of?
5. What is Joe doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Joe and his father finally clash in their ideas for what Joe should do with his life?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4, and what is the topic of conversation between Joe and Lorna as the scene opens?
3. How does Joe reveal his love for Lorna?
4. How does the author show that Lorna is torn about which man she really loves--Moody or Joe.
5. How does the author show the greedy, callous nature of Joe's handlers?
6. What are Joe's feelings about Fuseli being part owner of his career?
7. How does Bonaparte's appearance in Moody's office signify the idea that there is more to life than making money?
8. What are Moody and Roxy's plans to get Joe to be a more aggressive fighter?
9. How does the author use this scene to showcase the dark side of the American Dream?
10. Explain how Joe's arrogance and cocky attitude are masking his true feelings about his life direction.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)