|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorna accuses Moody of wanting her to sleep with whom?
2. What time is it when Mr. Bonaparte wonders where Joe is?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
3. Who is Roxy?
(b) Club owner.
4. How old is Joe?
5. What does Lorna promise Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) To leave Joe alone.
(b) To repay the money.
(c) To keep an eye on Joe.
(d) To marry Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
2. What is the boy's name?
3. According to Roxy, Joe fights as though ______________________.
4. What is Mr. Bonaparte staring at as the scene ends?
5. Where does Lorna tell Joe to put all his passion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2 and which two characters open the scene?
2. Why does Lorna feel a sense of loyalty toward Moody even though she now loves Joe?
3. How does Joe's obnoxious behavior prompt Lorna to say she loves Moody in front of Joe?
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4, and what is the topic of conversation between Joe and Lorna as the scene opens?
5. Describe the feeling Joe tells Lorna he has upon awakening sometimes.
6. Explain how this scene addresses not only the means to a happy life but also the classic conflict in a father-son relationship.
7. What bad news does Kaplan get while he is kissing Lorna in his office?
8. How do Joe and his father finally clash in their ideas for what Joe should do with his life?
9. Why is the news of the Chocolate Drop's death the climax of the play?
10. Explain the importance Mr. Bonaparte places on the violin he has purchased for Joe.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)