|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joe going on a boxing tour?
(a) The Northwest.
(b) New England.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The Southeast.
2. What is Joe's condition when he comes home?
(a) He is freshly showered.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is bruised and bandaged.
(d) He has knife wounds.
3. According to Joe, life on the streets is ___________.
4. Joe says that Mr. Bonaparte focuses on ______________.
5. What does Siggie want Mr. Bonaparte to buy him?
(b) A new suit.
(c) A cab.
(d) A cigar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lorna?
2. Who tries to tell Roxy how to manage Joe?
3. What does Mr. Bonaparte give Joe to take with him?
4. Moody congratulates Tokio on ______________________.
5. What does Moody say about Joe's behavior lately?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the feeling Joe tells Lorna he has upon awakening sometimes.
2. What are Moody and Roxy's plans to get Joe to be a more aggressive fighter?
3. Explain the foreshadowing of Moody's comments about separating Joe and his father.
4. How does Moody come to know Joe Bonaparte?
5. What unrealistic promise does Moody make to Lorna?
6. Why does Lorna feel a sense of loyalty toward Moody even though she now loves Joe?
7. What are Joe's feelings about Fuseli being part owner of his career?
8. Explain how Eddie Fuseli and Joe's expensive car symbolize danger for Joe.
9. How is Joe's intention to box revealed to the family?
10. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4, and what is the topic of conversation between Joe and Lorna as the scene opens?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)