|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie tell Lorna to do?
(a) Bring in some towels.
(b) Go get sandwiches.
(c) Make some coffee.
(d) Get out of Joe's life.
2. Lorna starts to cry and says it is only the ___________ time she has ever done that.
(a) One thousandth.
3. Lorna convinces Joe that he still has ______________.
(b) A career.
(c) A great car.
4. When Moody tells Lorna that they are on their way, she says that he ___________________.
(a) Is her hero.
(b) Is deluded.
(c) Is a liar.
(d) Paints beautiful pictures.
5. Lorna feels an obligation to Moody because he _________________________.
(a) Helped her when she was down and out.
(b) Gave her a job.
(c) Promised to marry her.
(d) Got a divorce because of her.
6. What does Joe tell his father that he wants in life?
(a) Fame and fortune.
(c) A different career.
(d) Marriage and children.
7. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A locker room.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) A church.
8. What does Eddie call Joe?
(a) The Golden Boy.
(b) Joe the Jolt.
(d) The goose that laid the golden egg.
9. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Joe and Mr. Bonaparte.
(b) Joe and Moody.
(c) Joe and Siggie.
(d) Joe and Lorna.
10. What does Moody make Joe feel like?
(a) A possession.
(b) A puppet.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A moneymaker.
11. What does Moody finally realize tonight?
(a) He still loves his ex-wife.
(b) He wants out of boxing.
(c) Lorna is not coming back to him.
(d) He is gay.
12. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
(a) The fight schedule.
(b) Joe's winning streak.
(c) The publicity program.
(d) His wedding plans.
13. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A bar.
(b) The locker room.
(c) The Bonaparte home.
(d) A train car.
14. What injury does Joe sustain in the fight?
(a) Broken teeth.
(b) A broken hand.
(c) A broken jaw.
(d) A broken nose.
15. What does Joe think he senses when he awakens?
(a) His violin.
(c) His former girlfriend.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not what Joe's car represents to him?
2. Who waits alone in the locker room as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
3. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
4. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
5. What does Siggie bring into the office?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)