|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Frank after the phone call?
(a) They should be grateful that Joe is not a killer.
(b) They need to plan a reception.
(c) They have to bring Joe home.
(d) They need to pick up Siggie.
2. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Joe and Siggie.
(b) Joe and Lorna.
(c) Joe and Mr. Bonaparte.
(d) Joe and Moody.
3. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He forgot his jacket.
(b) He wants a souvenir.
(c) He can't bear to watch the fight.
(d) He wants to talk to Tokio.
4. Who rushes into the locker room and threatens Joe after the fight?
(a) The Chocolate Drop's wife.
(b) The Chocolate Drop's mother.
(c) The Chocolate Drop's manager.
(d) The Chocolate Drop.
5. Which of the following sounds is not heard at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte yelling.
(b) Roar of a crowd.
(c) Sounds of a fight.
(d) Ringing of a bell.
6. What does Lorna tell Moody that gets him very upset?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She wrecked his car.
(c) She is leaving him.
(d) She called his wife.
7. What does Moody do after Joe gets into an argument with Drake?
(a) Takes Drake out for a drink.
(b) Punches Drake out.
(c) Makes Joe apologize.
(d) Kicks Drake out of the locker room.
8. What does Joe think he senses when he awakens?
(b) His violin.
(c) His father.
(d) His former girlfriend.
9. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
(a) His wedding plans.
(b) Joe's winning streak.
(c) The fight schedule.
(d) The publicity program.
10. What do Joe and Lorna fight about?
(a) Her lying to him about the baby.
(b) Her job as a prostitute.
(c) Her taking money from his coat.
(d) Her upcoming wedding to Moody.
11. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The locker room.
(b) A train car.
(c) A bar.
(d) The Bonaparte home.
12. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
(a) Forget about Lorna.
(b) Take some college classes.
(c) Get a new suit.
(d) Try to win Lorna back.
13. Which boxer is being rubbed down by his trainer?
(a) Salt Black.
(b) Hulk Hannigan.
(c) Pepper White.
(d) Marvelous Marvin.
14. Which of Joe's family members are at the fight?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte and Anna.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte and Siggie.
(c) Siggie and Anna.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Bonaparte.
15. According to Tokio, a man who only lives on hate is _________________.
(a) A poor excuse for a man.
(b) A rich man.
(c) An idiot.
(d) Half a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets control of the chaos in the locker room?
2. Moody is on the phone checking _________________________.
3. What does Joe ask Lorna when he comes into Moody's office?
4. Why does Eddie say that Joe is fighting badly?
5. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)