|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Moody taken Joe that makes Eddie mad?
(a) A new car showroom.
(b) A meeting with reporters.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A bar.
2. Which of the following sounds is not heard at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Ringing of a bell.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte yelling.
(c) Roar of a crowd.
(d) Sounds of a fight.
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A locker room.
(d) A church.
4. According to Tokio, a man who only lives on hate is _________________.
(a) A poor excuse for a man.
(b) Half a man.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A rich man.
5. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
(a) The American Dream.
(b) Lost love.
(c) Escape from reality.
6. What does Joe tell the reporters to do?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Be sure to get a good photo of him for the story.
(c) Pick the round when they want him to knock out his opponent.
(d) Write something good about him for a change.
7. What do Eddie and Mr. Bonaparte fight about?
(a) Joe's need for some time off.
(b) Who is going to pick up the bar tab.
(c) Eddie's abusive behavior when drunk.
(d) Whether Joe should continue in boxing.
8. Who are the sports reporters that Joe speaks with in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Drake and Lewis.
(b) Lewis and Clark.
(c) Drake and Louis.
(d) Drake and Lewiston.
9. Moody is on the phone checking _________________________.
(a) His bank account balance.
(b) To see if anyone has heard from Joe and Lorna.
(c) Baseball scores.
(d) Horse racing bets.
10. How does Joe feel about seeing the reporters before a fight?
(a) It energizes him.
(b) It frightens him.
(c) It makes him nervous.
(d) It intimidates him.
11. What does Eddie threaten to do?
(a) Kill Lorna.
(b) Sabotage Siggie's cab.
(c) Maim Joe.
(d) Sell his share of Joe's career.
12. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The Bonaparte home.
(b) A train car.
(c) A bar.
(d) The locker room.
13. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Frank after the phone call?
(a) They need to plan a reception.
(b) They need to pick up Siggie.
(c) They should be grateful that Joe is not a killer.
(d) They have to bring Joe home.
14. Lorna says that looking at Joe is like _____________________.
(a) Looking in the face of a killer.
(b) A cold shower.
(c) Staring at death.
(d) A rush of love.
15. What does Lorna tell Moody that gets him very upset?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She called his wife.
(c) She wrecked his car.
(d) She is leaving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moody offer to Siggie?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
3. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
4. Who does Lorna admit that she loves at the end of the scene?
5. Roxy states that after tonight, Joe ______________________.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)