|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moody finally realize tonight?
(a) Lorna is not coming back to him.
(b) He wants out of boxing.
(c) He still loves his ex-wife.
(d) He is gay.
2. What news does Frank get from the phone call?
(a) Frank and Lorna got married.
(b) The Chocolate Drop is not dead.
(c) Joe and Lorna were killed in a car crash.
(d) Siggie has wrecked his cab.
3. What does Joe do as Tokio rubs him down on the massage table.
(b) Winces in pain.
(d) Falls asleep.
4. What does Joe ask Lorna when he comes into Moody's office?
(a) Why she was kissing Moody.
(b) Where his car keys are.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) Why she stood him up for lunch.
5. What does Eddie call Joe?
(b) The goose that laid the golden egg.
(c) Joe the Jolt.
(d) The Golden Boy.
6. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
(b) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
(c) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
(d) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
7. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A locker room.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A church.
(d) A bedroom.
8. What does Joe tell his father that he wants in life?
(b) Fame and fortune.
(c) A different career.
(d) Marriage and children.
9. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A train car.
(b) The locker room.
(c) The Bonaparte home.
(d) A bar.
10. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He wants to talk to Tokio.
(b) He can't bear to watch the fight.
(c) He forgot his jacket.
(d) He wants a souvenir.
11. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A classroom.
(b) A museum.
(c) A football stadium.
(d) Moody's office.
12. Why is Frank wearing a bandage?
(a) He was in a union strikers' fight.
(b) He fell down the steps.
(c) He had surgery.
(d) He got mugged.
13. Moody is on the phone checking _________________________.
(a) Baseball scores.
(b) To see if anyone has heard from Joe and Lorna.
(c) Horse racing bets.
(d) His bank account balance.
14. Lorna says that looking at Joe is like _____________________.
(a) Staring at death.
(b) A rush of love.
(c) A cold shower.
(d) Looking in the face of a killer.
15. Which of the following does Mr. Bonaparte not say before leaving the locker room?
(a) He understands Joe's wish for fame and fortune.
(b) He gives Joe the word that fighting is OK.
(c) He wishes Joe good luck.
(d) He is ashamed of Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
2. What does Lorna suggest that Joe senses when he awakens?
3. Which of the following is not what Joe's car represents to him?
4. What do Joe and Lorna fight about?
5. Who are the sports reporters that Joe speaks with in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)