|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank wearing a bandage?
(a) He had surgery.
(b) He was in a union strikers' fight.
(c) He got mugged.
(d) He fell down the steps.
2. Joe tells Lorna that __________________.
(a) He is engaged to someone else.
(b) He wants to see other girls.
(c) He can't see her anymore.
(d) He loves her.
3. What does Eddie call Joe?
(a) The goose that laid the golden egg.
(c) Joe the Jolt.
(d) The Golden Boy.
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A grocery.
(b) A bowling alley.
(c) A park bench.
(d) A library.
5. What does Siggie bring into the office?
(a) A roll of cash.
(b) A bank statement.
(c) A publicity poster.
(d) A speeding ticket.
6. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He wants a souvenir.
(b) He wants to talk to Tokio.
(c) He forgot his jacket.
(d) He can't bear to watch the fight.
7. Joe tells Lorna that not only has he killed a man, _______________________.
(a) He's abandoned his children.
(b) He's beaten his wife.
(c) He's killed himself.
(d) He's committed armed robbery.
8. Who is the fighter who will oppose Joe in his upcoming fight?
(a) The Chocolate Drop.
(b) The Chocolate Shake.
(c) The Chocolate Drip.
(d) The Chocolate Chip.
9. Moody is on the phone checking _________________________.
(a) Baseball scores.
(b) Horse racing bets.
(c) His bank account balance.
(d) To see if anyone has heard from Joe and Lorna.
10. What does Moody do as a result of an argument with Joe?
(a) Offers his stake in Joe to Eddie.
(b) Punches him in the ribs.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Slaps him.
11. Which of the following is not what Joe's car represents to him?
(a) Real freedom.
(b) Real power.
(c) Real high maintenance.
(d) Real happiness.
12. Which of the following sounds is not heard at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Roar of a crowd.
(b) Ringing of a bell.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte yelling.
(d) Sounds of a fight.
13. Who takes the fateful phone call?
(b) Mr. Bonaparte.
14. What has Moody's wife agreed to?
(a) A separation.
(b) Joint custody.
(c) Marriage counseling.
(d) A divorce.
15. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A bar.
(b) The Bonaparte home.
(c) The locker room.
(d) A train car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moody offer to Siggie?
2. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
3. Who are the sports reporters that Joe speaks with in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. According to Tokio, a man who only lives on hate is _________________.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)