|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe tells Lorna that sometimes he awakens and senses something _________________.
(a) Outside the window.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) At the foot of his bed.
(d) Over his head.
2. Why is Frank wearing a bandage?
(a) He had surgery.
(b) He was in a union strikers' fight.
(c) He fell down the steps.
(d) He got mugged.
3. Who rushes into the locker room and threatens Joe after the fight?
(a) The Chocolate Drop's manager.
(b) The Chocolate Drop.
(c) The Chocolate Drop's wife.
(d) The Chocolate Drop's mother.
4. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
(a) The fight schedule.
(b) The publicity program.
(c) Joe's winning streak.
(d) His wedding plans.
5. What does Lorna bring into the locker room?
6. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
(a) Is what he was born to do.
(b) Is the best career in the world.
(c) Really brings in the money.
(d) Doesn't have a point.
7. Joe tells Lorna that not only has he killed a man, _______________________.
(a) He's committed armed robbery.
(b) He's killed himself.
(c) He's beaten his wife.
(d) He's abandoned his children.
8. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A museum.
(b) Moody's office.
(c) A football stadium.
(d) A classroom.
9. Who waits alone in the locker room as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(d) Mr. Bonaparte.
10. Roxy states that after tonight, Joe ______________________.
(a) Will not want to fight again.
(b) Will not be able to fight again.
(c) Will be worth a fortune.
(d) Will want to schedule more fights.
11. Which of the following does Mr. Bonaparte not say before leaving the locker room?
(a) He is ashamed of Joe.
(b) He understands Joe's wish for fame and fortune.
(c) He wishes Joe good luck.
(d) He gives Joe the word that fighting is OK.
12. According to Moody, Joe needs to be treated like ____________.
(a) An idiot.
(c) A king.
(d) A child.
13. What does Eddie threaten to do?
(a) Kill Lorna.
(b) Maim Joe.
(c) Sell his share of Joe's career.
(d) Sabotage Siggie's cab.
14. What has Moody's wife agreed to?
(a) A separation.
(b) Joint custody.
(c) Marriage counseling.
(d) A divorce.
15. Which of the following sounds is not heard at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Sounds of a fight.
(b) Ringing of a bell.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte yelling.
(d) Roar of a crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
2. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
3. What do Joe and Lorna fight about?
4. What does Eddie call Joe?
5. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)