|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorna says that looking at Joe is like _____________________.
(a) A cold shower.
(b) Looking in the face of a killer.
(c) Staring at death.
(d) A rush of love.
2. Who rushes into the locker room and threatens Joe after the fight?
(a) The Chocolate Drop's manager.
(b) The Chocolate Drop's mother.
(c) The Chocolate Drop.
(d) The Chocolate Drop's wife.
3. Which of the following does Mr. Bonaparte not say before leaving the locker room?
(a) He understands Joe's wish for fame and fortune.
(b) He is ashamed of Joe.
(c) He wishes Joe good luck.
(d) He gives Joe the word that fighting is OK.
4. Which of Joe's family members are at the fight?
(a) Siggie and Anna.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte and Anna.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte and Siggie.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Bonaparte.
5. What does Lorna bring into the locker room?
6. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
(a) She is using him.
(b) She loves Moody.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is moving away.
7. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
(b) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
(c) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
(d) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
8. Who takes the fateful phone call?
(b) Mr. Bonaparte.
9. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
(a) The publicity program.
(b) The fight schedule.
(c) His wedding plans.
(d) Joe's winning streak.
10. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The locker room.
(b) A train car.
(c) A bar.
(d) The Bonaparte home.
11. What injury does Joe sustain in the fight?
(a) A broken nose.
(b) A broken jaw.
(c) A broken hand.
(d) Broken teeth.
12. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A grocery.
(b) A library.
(c) A bowling alley.
(d) A park bench.
13. According to Moody, Joe needs to be treated like ____________.
(b) A king.
(c) A child.
(d) An idiot.
14. What does Moody do as a result of an argument with Joe?
(a) Offers his stake in Joe to Eddie.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Punches him in the ribs.
15. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
(a) Is the best career in the world.
(b) Really brings in the money.
(c) Doesn't have a point.
(d) Is what he was born to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moody finally realize tonight?
2. What does Siggie bring into the office?
3. Why does Eddie say that Joe is fighting badly?
4. What does Joe tell the reporters to do?
5. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)