|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Moody taken Joe that makes Eddie mad?
(a) A meeting with reporters.
(b) A strip club.
(c) A bar.
(d) A new car showroom.
2. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
(b) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
(c) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
(d) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
3. Lorna feels an obligation to Moody because he _________________________.
(a) Helped her when she was down and out.
(b) Promised to marry her.
(c) Gave her a job.
(d) Got a divorce because of her.
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A locker room.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) A church.
(d) A hospital.
5. Moody is on the phone checking _________________________.
(a) Horse racing bets.
(b) To see if anyone has heard from Joe and Lorna.
(c) His bank account balance.
(d) Baseball scores.
6. Joe tells Lorna that not only has he killed a man, _______________________.
(a) He's committed armed robbery.
(b) He's killed himself.
(c) He's abandoned his children.
(d) He's beaten his wife.
7. Who rubs down Joe after the fight?
8. What news does Frank get from the phone call?
(a) Siggie has wrecked his cab.
(b) Frank and Lorna got married.
(c) The Chocolate Drop is not dead.
(d) Joe and Lorna were killed in a car crash.
9. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
(a) The American Dream.
(b) Lost love.
(c) Escape from reality.
10. What does Joe do as Tokio rubs him down on the massage table.
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Winces in pain.
11. What does the ring official want to see after the fight?
(a) Joe's fight schedule.
(b) Moody's fighting license.
(c) Joe's gloves.
(d) Joe's entry fee.
12. What does Moody do after Joe gets into an argument with Drake?
(a) Takes Drake out for a drink.
(b) Kicks Drake out of the locker room.
(c) Makes Joe apologize.
(d) Punches Drake out.
13. What does Lorna suggest that Joe senses when he awakens?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His violin.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. What does Moody make Joe feel like?
(a) An idiot.
(b) A possession.
(c) A puppet.
(d) A moneymaker.
15. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
(a) Really brings in the money.
(b) Doesn't have a point.
(c) Is what he was born to do.
(d) Is the best career in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Siggie bring into the office?
2. What has Moody's wife agreed to?
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Who are the sports reporters that Joe speaks with in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Joe says that Lorna is real for him just as _______________ was real.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)