|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He wants to talk to Tokio.
(b) He wants a souvenir.
(c) He forgot his jacket.
(d) He can't bear to watch the fight.
2. Where has Moody taken Joe that makes Eddie mad?
(a) A meeting with reporters.
(b) A new car showroom.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A bar.
3. Why are all the people gathered at the Bonaparte home?
(a) To have a wedding reception.
(b) To watch the fight on ESPN.
(c) To celebrate Joe's win.
(d) To vist Joe's sick father.
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A church.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A locker room.
(d) A bedroom.
5. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The Bonaparte home.
(b) A bar.
(c) The locker room.
(d) A train car.
6. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
(a) She is moving away.
(b) She is using him.
(c) She loves Moody.
(d) She loves him.
7. Who is the fighter who will oppose Joe in his upcoming fight?
(a) The Chocolate Drop.
(b) The Chocolate Chip.
(c) The Chocolate Drip.
(d) The Chocolate Shake.
8. What does Moody offer to Siggie?
(a) Passes to Joe's fights.
(c) A loan.
(d) A job.
9. Who are the sports reporters that Joe speaks with in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Drake and Lewis.
(b) Lewis and Clark.
(c) Drake and Louis.
(d) Drake and Lewiston.
10. What does Lorna suggest that Joe senses when he awakens?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His violin.
(d) His father.
11. Lorna convinces Joe that he still has ______________.
(a) A career.
(d) A great car.
12. What does Moody do after Joe gets into an argument with Drake?
(a) Takes Drake out for a drink.
(b) Makes Joe apologize.
(c) Punches Drake out.
(d) Kicks Drake out of the locker room.
13. Moody says that he is sick of Joe's ________________.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
14. What topic had Moody wanted Lorna to discuss with Joe the night before?
(a) Joe's driving.
(b) Joe's alcohol problem.
(c) Joe's training schedule.
(d) Joe's violin playing.
15. What does Joe do as Tokio rubs him down on the massage table.
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Winces in pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
2. According to Moody, Joe needs to be treated like ____________.
3. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
4. Tokio tells Joe that his fighting is fueled by _________.
5. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)