|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He wants a souvenir.
(b) He forgot his jacket.
(c) He wants to talk to Tokio.
(d) He can't bear to watch the fight.
2. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
(a) Take some college classes.
(b) Forget about Lorna.
(c) Try to win Lorna back.
(d) Get a new suit.
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Moody's office.
(b) A football stadium.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A museum.
4. Who are the sports reporters that Joe speaks with in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Drake and Louis.
(b) Lewis and Clark.
(c) Drake and Lewiston.
(d) Drake and Lewis.
5. Who waits alone in the locker room as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte.
6. Joe tells Lorna that __________________.
(a) He is engaged to someone else.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He wants to see other girls.
(d) He can't see her anymore.
7. Moody catches Lorna telling a lie about _______________________.
(a) Seeing Joe last night.
(b) Having been married before.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Loving him.
8. Joe tells Lorna that sometimes he awakens and senses something _________________.
(a) Under the bed.
(b) At the foot of his bed.
(c) Outside the window.
(d) Over his head.
9. What does Siggie bring into the office?
(a) A bank statement.
(b) A speeding ticket.
(c) A publicity poster.
(d) A roll of cash.
10. What does the ring official want to see after the fight?
(a) Joe's entry fee.
(b) Joe's gloves.
(c) Moody's fighting license.
(d) Joe's fight schedule.
11. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
(b) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
(c) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
(d) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
12. What does Moody offer to Siggie?
(a) A job.
(c) A loan.
(d) Passes to Joe's fights.
13. Why is Frank wearing a bandage?
(a) He had surgery.
(b) He was in a union strikers' fight.
(c) He fell down the steps.
(d) He got mugged.
14. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Joe and Moody.
(b) Joe and Lorna.
(c) Joe and Mr. Bonaparte.
(d) Joe and Siggie.
15. Which of the following does Mr. Bonaparte not say before leaving the locker room?
(a) He is ashamed of Joe.
(b) He understands Joe's wish for fame and fortune.
(c) He gives Joe the word that fighting is OK.
(d) He wishes Joe good luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What do Eddie and Mr. Bonaparte fight about?
3. Which boxer is being rubbed down by his trainer?
4. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
5. What has Moody's wife agreed to?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)