|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorna tell Moody that gets him very upset?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is leaving him.
(c) She wrecked his car.
(d) She called his wife.
2. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
(b) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
(c) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
(d) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
3. Moody says that he is sick of Joe's ________________.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
4. What does Joe tell his father that he wants in life?
(a) A different career.
(c) Marriage and children.
(d) Fame and fortune.
5. Why are all the people gathered at the Bonaparte home?
(a) To have a wedding reception.
(b) To watch the fight on ESPN.
(c) To vist Joe's sick father.
(d) To celebrate Joe's win.
6. What does Eddie tell Lorna to do?
(a) Make some coffee.
(b) Get out of Joe's life.
(c) Bring in some towels.
(d) Go get sandwiches.
7. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
(a) Get a new suit.
(b) Try to win Lorna back.
(c) Forget about Lorna.
(d) Take some college classes.
8. Roxy states that after tonight, Joe ______________________.
(a) Will want to schedule more fights.
(b) Will not be able to fight again.
(c) Will be worth a fortune.
(d) Will not want to fight again.
9. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
(a) She loves Moody.
(b) She is moving away.
(c) She is using him.
(d) She loves him.
10. What does Moody call Eddie?
(a) A killer.
(b) A disease.
(c) A hero.
(d) A nuisance.
11. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
(a) Escape from reality.
(b) Lost love.
(d) The American Dream.
12. Which of the following does Mr. Bonaparte not say before leaving the locker room?
(a) He gives Joe the word that fighting is OK.
(b) He wishes Joe good luck.
(c) He understands Joe's wish for fame and fortune.
(d) He is ashamed of Joe.
13. Lorna convinces Joe that he still has ______________.
(a) A great car.
(b) A career.
14. Which of Joe's family members are at the fight?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Bonaparte.
(b) Siggie and Anna.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte and Anna.
(d) Mr. Bonaparte and Siggie.
15. What do Eddie and Mr. Bonaparte fight about?
(a) Eddie's abusive behavior when drunk.
(b) Whether Joe should continue in boxing.
(c) Who is going to pick up the bar tab.
(d) Joe's need for some time off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Siggie bring into the office?
2. What does Lewis ask Moody about?
3. What does Joe think he senses when he awakens?
4. Who waits alone in the locker room as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
5. What news does Frank get from the phone call?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)