|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Mr. Bonaparte not say before leaving the locker room?
(a) He is ashamed of Joe.
(b) He wishes Joe good luck.
(c) He understands Joe's wish for fame and fortune.
(d) He gives Joe the word that fighting is OK.
2. Roxy states that after tonight, Joe ______________________.
(a) Will not be able to fight again.
(b) Will want to schedule more fights.
(c) Will be worth a fortune.
(d) Will not want to fight again.
3. Moody says that he is sick of Joe's ________________.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
4. What does Joe do as Tokio rubs him down on the massage table.
(a) Winces in pain.
(c) Falls asleep.
5. Moody catches Lorna telling a lie about _______________________.
(a) Having been married before.
(b) Going to work.
(c) Seeing Joe last night.
(d) Loving him.
6. What does Joe tell his father that he wants in life?
(b) A different career.
(c) Fame and fortune.
(d) Marriage and children.
7. What does Lorna tell Moody that gets him very upset?
(a) She is leaving him.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She wrecked his car.
(d) She called his wife.
8. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Moody's office.
(b) A museum.
(c) A football stadium.
(d) A classroom.
9. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
(b) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
(c) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
(d) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
10. What does Moody finally realize tonight?
(a) He still loves his ex-wife.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He wants out of boxing.
(d) Lorna is not coming back to him.
11. Which of the following sounds is not heard at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Roar of a crowd.
(b) Ringing of a bell.
(c) Sounds of a fight.
(d) Mr. Bonaparte yelling.
12. Who waits alone in the locker room as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte.
13. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is moving away.
(c) She is using him.
(d) She loves Moody.
14. Which of Joe's family members are at the fight?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Bonaparte.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte and Siggie.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte and Anna.
(d) Siggie and Anna.
15. Who takes the fateful phone call?
(d) Mr. Bonaparte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Frank after the phone call?
2. What does Joe ask Lorna when he comes into Moody's office?
3. What does the ring official want to see after the fight?
4. What does Eddie threaten to do?
5. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)