|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Eddie and Mr. Bonaparte fight about?
(a) Whether Joe should continue in boxing.
(b) Who is going to pick up the bar tab.
(c) Eddie's abusive behavior when drunk.
(d) Joe's need for some time off.
2. What does Joe ask Lorna when he comes into Moody's office?
(a) Why she stood him up for lunch.
(b) Where his car keys are.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) Why she was kissing Moody.
3. What topic had Moody wanted Lorna to discuss with Joe the night before?
(a) Joe's alcohol problem.
(b) Joe's driving.
(c) Joe's violin playing.
(d) Joe's training schedule.
4. What does the ring official want to see after the fight?
(a) Joe's gloves.
(b) Joe's entry fee.
(c) Joe's fight schedule.
(d) Moody's fighting license.
5. Moody is on the phone checking _________________________.
(a) To see if anyone has heard from Joe and Lorna.
(b) His bank account balance.
(c) Horse racing bets.
(d) Baseball scores.
6. What has Moody's wife agreed to?
(a) A divorce.
(b) A separation.
(c) Joint custody.
(d) Marriage counseling.
7. Who gets control of the chaos in the locker room?
8. What does Eddie call Joe?
(a) Joe the Jolt.
(b) The Golden Boy.
(d) The goose that laid the golden egg.
9. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He forgot his jacket.
(b) He can't bear to watch the fight.
(c) He wants to talk to Tokio.
(d) He wants a souvenir.
10. Who does Lorna admit that she loves at the end of the scene?
11. What does Joe do as Tokio rubs him down on the massage table.
(a) Winces in pain.
(d) Falls asleep.
12. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Joe and Moody.
(b) Joe and Lorna.
(c) Joe and Siggie.
(d) Joe and Mr. Bonaparte.
13. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
(b) The American Dream.
(c) Escape from reality.
(d) Lost love.
14. What does Eddie threaten to do?
(a) Sabotage Siggie's cab.
(b) Kill Lorna.
(c) Sell his share of Joe's career.
(d) Maim Joe.
15. Who rushes into the locker room and threatens Joe after the fight?
(a) The Chocolate Drop's wife.
(b) The Chocolate Drop.
(c) The Chocolate Drop's mother.
(d) The Chocolate Drop's manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Siggie bring into the office?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
4. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Frank after the phone call?
5. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)