|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
(a) Try to win Lorna back.
(b) Get a new suit.
(c) Forget about Lorna.
(d) Take some college classes.
2. Moody is on the phone checking _________________________.
(a) Baseball scores.
(b) To see if anyone has heard from Joe and Lorna.
(c) His bank account balance.
(d) Horse racing bets.
3. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
(b) The American Dream.
(c) Lost love.
(d) Escape from reality.
4. Joe says that Lorna is real for him just as _______________ was real.
5. Who are the sports reporters that Joe speaks with in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Drake and Louis.
(b) Lewis and Clark.
(c) Drake and Lewiston.
(d) Drake and Lewis.
6. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
(b) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
(c) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
(d) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
7. Who waits alone in the locker room as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(b) Mr. Bonaparte.
8. Lorna starts to cry and says it is only the ___________ time she has ever done that.
(b) One thousandth.
9. What does Moody do after Joe gets into an argument with Drake?
(a) Takes Drake out for a drink.
(b) Makes Joe apologize.
(c) Punches Drake out.
(d) Kicks Drake out of the locker room.
10. What does the ring official want to see after the fight?
(a) Joe's fight schedule.
(b) Joe's gloves.
(c) Joe's entry fee.
(d) Moody's fighting license.
11. What does Moody do as a result of an argument with Joe?
(a) Punches him in the ribs.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Offers his stake in Joe to Eddie.
12. What has Moody's wife agreed to?
(a) Joint custody.
(b) A separation.
(c) A divorce.
(d) Marriage counseling.
13. Which of Joe's family members are at the fight?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Bonaparte.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte and Siggie.
(c) Siggie and Anna.
(d) Mr. Bonaparte and Anna.
14. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He can't bear to watch the fight.
(b) He wants to talk to Tokio.
(c) He wants a souvenir.
(d) He forgot his jacket.
15. Joe tells Lorna that not only has he killed a man, _______________________.
(a) He's killed himself.
(b) He's committed armed robbery.
(c) He's beaten his wife.
(d) He's abandoned his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sounds is not heard at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
3. What does Eddie threaten to do?
4. Who takes the fateful phone call?
5. Who does Lorna admit that she loves at the end of the scene?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)