|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lorna admit that she loves at the end of the scene?
2. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
(b) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
(c) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
(d) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
3. Lorna feels an obligation to Moody because he _________________________.
(a) Helped her when she was down and out.
(b) Promised to marry her.
(c) Gave her a job.
(d) Got a divorce because of her.
4. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
(a) The American Dream.
(b) Lost love.
(c) Escape from reality.
5. Which boxer is being rubbed down by his trainer?
(a) Pepper White.
(b) Salt Black.
(c) Marvelous Marvin.
(d) Hulk Hannigan.
6. According to Moody, Joe needs to be treated like ____________.
(a) A king.
(b) A child.
(c) An idiot.
7. What does Moody finally realize tonight?
(a) Lorna is not coming back to him.
(b) He still loves his ex-wife.
(c) He wants out of boxing.
(d) He is gay.
8. What does Joe tell the reporters to do?
(a) Be sure to get a good photo of him for the story.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Pick the round when they want him to knock out his opponent.
(d) Write something good about him for a change.
9. Which of the following sounds is not heard at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Sounds of a fight.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte yelling.
(c) Roar of a crowd.
(d) Ringing of a bell.
10. Lorna convinces Joe that he still has ______________.
(b) A great car.
(d) A career.
11. Moody says that he is sick of Joe's ________________.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
12. Joe says that Lorna is real for him just as _______________ was real.
13. What does the ring official want to see after the fight?
(a) Joe's gloves.
(b) Moody's fighting license.
(c) Joe's entry fee.
(d) Joe's fight schedule.
14. Who are the sports reporters that Joe speaks with in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Drake and Louis.
(b) Drake and Lewiston.
(c) Lewis and Clark.
(d) Drake and Lewis.
15. What does Eddie threaten to do?
(a) Sell his share of Joe's career.
(b) Kill Lorna.
(c) Sabotage Siggie's cab.
(d) Maim Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Moody's wife agreed to?
2. What does Moody make Joe feel like?
3. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
4. What does Moody do as a result of an argument with Joe?
5. What does Siggie bring into the office?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)