|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moody offer to Siggie?
(a) A job.
(c) A loan.
(d) Passes to Joe's fights.
2. Why does Eddie say that Joe is fighting badly?
(a) Because he has new gloves.
(b) Because of Lorna.
(c) Because his father died.
(d) Because of a broken hand.
3. Moody catches Lorna telling a lie about _______________________.
(a) Loving him.
(b) Seeing Joe last night.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Having been married before.
4. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
(a) She is moving away.
(b) She loves Moody.
(c) She is using him.
(d) She loves him.
5. What does Moody call Eddie?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A killer.
(c) A disease.
(d) A hero.
6. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He wants to talk to Tokio.
(b) He wants a souvenir.
(c) He can't bear to watch the fight.
(d) He forgot his jacket.
7. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
(a) Really brings in the money.
(b) Doesn't have a point.
(c) Is what he was born to do.
(d) Is the best career in the world.
8. Why are all the people gathered at the Bonaparte home?
(a) To watch the fight on ESPN.
(b) To have a wedding reception.
(c) To celebrate Joe's win.
(d) To vist Joe's sick father.
9. Which of Joe's family members are at the fight?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Bonaparte.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte and Anna.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte and Siggie.
(d) Siggie and Anna.
10. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Joe and Mr. Bonaparte.
(b) Joe and Moody.
(c) Joe and Lorna.
(d) Joe and Siggie.
11. Who gets control of the chaos in the locker room?
12. How does Joe feel about seeing the reporters before a fight?
(a) It energizes him.
(b) It makes him nervous.
(c) It frightens him.
(d) It intimidates him.
13. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
(b) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
(c) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
(d) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
14. What does Eddie tell Lorna to do?
(a) Make some coffee.
(b) Go get sandwiches.
(c) Get out of Joe's life.
(d) Bring in some towels.
15. Roxy states that after tonight, Joe ______________________.
(a) Will want to schedule more fights.
(b) Will not be able to fight again.
(c) Will be worth a fortune.
(d) Will not want to fight again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not what Joe's car represents to him?
2. What does Joe tell the reporters to do?
3. Moody is on the phone checking _________________________.
4. What does Joe do as Tokio rubs him down on the massage table.
5. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)