|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A football stadium.
(b) A classroom.
(c) Moody's office.
(d) A museum.
2. Lorna says that looking at Joe is like _____________________.
(a) Looking in the face of a killer.
(b) A cold shower.
(c) Staring at death.
(d) A rush of love.
3. Tokio tells Joe that his fighting is fueled by _________.
(d) Repressed love.
4. Who rubs down Joe after the fight?
5. What does Moody do after Joe gets into an argument with Drake?
(a) Takes Drake out for a drink.
(b) Punches Drake out.
(c) Makes Joe apologize.
(d) Kicks Drake out of the locker room.
6. Why does Eddie say that Joe is fighting badly?
(a) Because his father died.
(b) Because of Lorna.
(c) Because he has new gloves.
(d) Because of a broken hand.
7. Why is Frank wearing a bandage?
(a) He had surgery.
(b) He fell down the steps.
(c) He got mugged.
(d) He was in a union strikers' fight.
8. What does Moody do as a result of an argument with Joe?
(a) Punches him in the ribs.
(b) Offers his stake in Joe to Eddie.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Slaps him.
9. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A grocery.
(b) A library.
(c) A park bench.
(d) A bowling alley.
10. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
(a) She loves Moody.
(b) She is moving away.
(c) She is using him.
(d) She loves him.
11. Who does Lorna admit that she loves at the end of the scene?
12. Which of the following does Mr. Bonaparte not say before leaving the locker room?
(a) He wishes Joe good luck.
(b) He gives Joe the word that fighting is OK.
(c) He is ashamed of Joe.
(d) He understands Joe's wish for fame and fortune.
13. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The Bonaparte home.
(b) A train car.
(c) A bar.
(d) The locker room.
14. Which of the following is not what Joe's car represents to him?
(a) Real happiness.
(b) Real high maintenance.
(c) Real freedom.
(d) Real power.
15. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
(a) Escape from reality.
(c) The American Dream.
(d) Lost love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie threaten to do?
2. According to Moody, Joe needs to be treated like ____________.
3. How does Joe feel about seeing the reporters before a fight?
4. What does Lorna suggest that Joe senses when he awakens?
5. Lorna starts to cry and says it is only the ___________ time she has ever done that.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)