|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moody make Joe feel like?
(a) An idiot.
(b) A possession.
(c) A puppet.
(d) A moneymaker.
2. Who rushes into the locker room and threatens Joe after the fight?
(a) The Chocolate Drop.
(b) The Chocolate Drop's manager.
(c) The Chocolate Drop's wife.
(d) The Chocolate Drop's mother.
3. What does Eddie threaten to do?
(a) Maim Joe.
(b) Kill Lorna.
(c) Sell his share of Joe's career.
(d) Sabotage Siggie's cab.
4. Joe says that Lorna is real for him just as _______________ was real.
5. Lorna says that looking at Joe is like _____________________.
(a) Staring at death.
(b) A rush of love.
(c) A cold shower.
(d) Looking in the face of a killer.
6. What topic had Moody wanted Lorna to discuss with Joe the night before?
(a) Joe's driving.
(b) Joe's training schedule.
(c) Joe's violin playing.
(d) Joe's alcohol problem.
7. Moody catches Lorna telling a lie about _______________________.
(a) Seeing Joe last night.
(b) Having been married before.
(c) Loving him.
(d) Going to work.
8. What does Joe think he senses when he awakens?
(a) His violin.
(b) His former girlfriend.
(d) His father.
9. Why is Frank wearing a bandage?
(a) He fell down the steps.
(b) He got mugged.
(c) He had surgery.
(d) He was in a union strikers' fight.
10. Joe tells Lorna that not only has he killed a man, _______________________.
(a) He's abandoned his children.
(b) He's committed armed robbery.
(c) He's killed himself.
(d) He's beaten his wife.
11. What does Lorna bring into the locker room?
12. What does Moody offer to Siggie?
(a) Passes to Joe's fights.
(b) A loan.
(d) A job.
13. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
(a) She loves Moody.
(b) She is using him.
(c) She is moving away.
(d) She loves him.
14. What does Moody call Eddie?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A disease.
(c) A hero.
(d) A killer.
15. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
(a) Escape from reality.
(b) Lost love.
(c) The American Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe ask Lorna when he comes into Moody's office?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Why are all the people gathered at the Bonaparte home?
4. Who waits alone in the locker room as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
5. According to Joe, fighting _____________________.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)