|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Joe and Lorna fight about?
(a) Her upcoming wedding to Moody.
(b) Her lying to him about the baby.
(c) Her taking money from his coat.
(d) Her job as a prostitute.
2. Which of the following is not what Joe's car represents to him?
(a) Real freedom.
(b) Real power.
(c) Real high maintenance.
(d) Real happiness.
3. Who is the fighter who will oppose Joe in his upcoming fight?
(a) The Chocolate Shake.
(b) The Chocolate Chip.
(c) The Chocolate Drop.
(d) The Chocolate Drip.
4. Moody catches Lorna telling a lie about _______________________.
(a) Having been married before.
(b) Loving him.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Seeing Joe last night.
5. Who are the sports reporters that Joe speaks with in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Drake and Lewis.
(b) Lewis and Clark.
(c) Drake and Lewiston.
(d) Drake and Louis.
6. Moody says that he is sick of Joe's ________________.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
7. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He forgot his jacket.
(b) He can't bear to watch the fight.
(c) He wants to talk to Tokio.
(d) He wants a souvenir.
8. THE GOLDEN BOY is a classic story of _____________________.
(a) Escape from reality.
(c) The American Dream.
(d) Lost love.
9. Who does Lorna admit that she loves at the end of the scene?
10. What does Moody do as a result of an argument with Joe?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Offers his stake in Joe to Eddie.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Punches him in the ribs.
11. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Joe and Mr. Bonaparte.
(b) Joe and Moody.
(c) Joe and Siggie.
(d) Joe and Lorna.
12. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Frank after the phone call?
(a) They have to bring Joe home.
(b) They need to pick up Siggie.
(c) They need to plan a reception.
(d) They should be grateful that Joe is not a killer.
13. Joe tells Lorna that __________________.
(a) He wants to see other girls.
(b) He is engaged to someone else.
(c) He can't see her anymore.
(d) He loves her.
14. What is the setting for Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The Bonaparte home.
(b) The locker room.
(c) A train car.
(d) A bar.
15. What injury does Joe sustain in the fight?
(a) Broken teeth.
(b) A broken nose.
(c) A broken hand.
(d) A broken jaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie call Joe?
2. What topic had Moody wanted Lorna to discuss with Joe the night before?
3. What does Eddie threaten to do?
4. Who gets control of the chaos in the locker room?
5. When Moody tells Lorna that they are on their way, she says that he ___________________.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)