|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe feel about seeing the reporters before a fight?
(a) It intimidates him.
(b) It energizes him.
(c) It frightens him.
(d) It makes him nervous.
2. What does the ring official say before leaving the locker room?
(a) The Chocolate Drop claims the fight was fixed.
(b) The Chocolate Drop has three broken ribs.
(c) The Chocolate Drop wants a re-match.
(d) The Chocolate Drop is dead.
3. What topic had Moody wanted Lorna to discuss with Joe the night before?
(a) Joe's alcohol problem.
(b) Joe's violin playing.
(c) Joe's driving.
(d) Joe's training schedule.
4. What do Eddie and Mr. Bonaparte fight about?
(a) Whether Joe should continue in boxing.
(b) Eddie's abusive behavior when drunk.
(c) Joe's need for some time off.
(d) Who is going to pick up the bar tab.
5. What does Tokio encourage Joe to do?
(a) Take some college classes.
(b) Try to win Lorna back.
(c) Forget about Lorna.
(d) Get a new suit.
6. What does Eddie call Joe?
(a) The Golden Boy.
(b) Joe the Jolt.
(d) The goose that laid the golden egg.
7. What does Lorna admit to Joe?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is moving away.
(c) She loves Moody.
(d) She is using him.
8. Which two characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Joe and Siggie.
(b) Joe and Mr. Bonaparte.
(c) Joe and Lorna.
(d) Joe and Moody.
9. Who waits alone in the locker room as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(d) Mr. Bonaparte.
10. Why does Mr. Bonaparte return to the locker room?
(a) He wants a souvenir.
(b) He wants to talk to Tokio.
(c) He forgot his jacket.
(d) He can't bear to watch the fight.
11. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A classroom.
(b) A museum.
(c) Moody's office.
(d) A football stadium.
12. Who gets control of the chaos in the locker room?
13. What news does Frank get from the phone call?
(a) Joe and Lorna were killed in a car crash.
(b) Frank and Lorna got married.
(c) The Chocolate Drop is not dead.
(d) Siggie has wrecked his cab.
14. What does Moody do as a result of an argument with Joe?
(a) Offers his stake in Joe to Eddie.
(b) Punches him in the ribs.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Slaps him.
15. What does Moody finally realize tonight?
(a) Lorna is not coming back to him.
(b) He still loves his ex-wife.
(c) He wants out of boxing.
(d) He is gay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moody make Joe feel like?
2. What does Siggie bring into the office?
3. What does Joe tell his father that he wants in life?
4. Joe says that Lorna is real for him just as _______________ was real.
5. Who takes the fateful phone call?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)