|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe thinks Lorna is lost and _____________.
2. Who is Roxy?
(a) Club owner.
3. What topic does Mr. Bonaparte deride Mr. Carp for bringing up?
4. Who/what is Tokio?
(a) Kaplan's trainer.
(b) A Japanese restaurant.
(c) A style of fighting.
(d) Lorna's landlord.
5. What does Siggie want Mr. Bonaparte to buy him?
(a) A cigar.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A cab.
6. How old is Joe?
7. Joe tells Lorna that he has always felt ___________________.
(a) Smarter than everybody else.
(b) Like an outsider.
(c) Sympathy for poor people.
(d) He should become a doctor.
8. Which of the following is not a topic of the conversation between the two?
(a) The threat of war.
(b) The carnival music.
(c) The busy road.
(d) Frank's union job.
9. From whom does Moody get a phone call inquiring about Joe?
10. What is Joe's greatest love?
11. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Joe before Joe leaves?
(a) He will always love him.
(b) He is his favorite child.
(c) To call home every night.
(d) Joe's being a boxer is not OK with him.
12. How does Moody respond to the request for partnership in Joe's career?
(a) He refuses outright.
(b) He says he'll think about it.
(c) He will consider it after 10 more fights.
(d) He is willing to go 70/30.
13. What is Joe doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Playing the violin.
(b) Packing a suitcase.
(d) Working out.
14. Which of the following characters is not listening to Roxy talk?
15. Who wants to become part owner of Joe's career?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lorna's job?
2. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
3. What does Tokio reveal about Joe?
4. What nationality is the Bonaparte family?
5. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)