|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe say he wants to buy?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A house.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A big car.
2. How does Moody describe Joe's attitude?
3. What is Joe's greatest love?
4. In addition to Joe, who will benefit if Joe becomes a good boxer?
(a) Mr. Carp.
(b) Roxy and Moody.
5. Who is Siggie?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte's bookie.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte's son-in-law.
(c) Mrs. Bonaparte's brother.
(d) Mr. Carp's son.
6. Which one of Tom's fighters is fighting tonight?
7. Joe tells Moody and Roxy that they should be less concerned with his driving and more concerned with ________________________.
(a) Giving him some time off.
(b) Sending him on a cruise.
(c) Shutting their mouths.
(d) Getting him some better fights.
8. What does Frank bring home?
9. Mr. Carp tells Mr. Bonaparte that no one can make a living at ____________________.
(b) Playing sports.
(c) Being a musician.
(d) Selling shoes.
10. Who offers to persuade Joe to fight?
11. What does Joe ask of his father before leaving?
(b) "The word".
(d) Violin strings.
12. What nationality is the Bonaparte family?
13. What does Joe tell Tom about tonight's fight?
(a) He'll throw it.
(b) He'll be surprised.
(c) He'll give it his best shot.
(d) He's never boxed before.
14. What does Mr. Bonaparte give Joe to take with him?
15. Who is Tom Moody?
(a) Boxing manager.
(b) Football coach.
(d) Grocery manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe accuse Lorna of?
2. What has Mr. Bonaparte just purchased for Joe?
3. What topic does Mr. Bonaparte deride Mr. Carp for bringing up?
4. Who does Roxy say is not crazy about watching Joe fight?
5. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)