|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe's condition when he comes home?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He has knife wounds.
(c) He is bruised and bandaged.
(d) He is freshly showered.
2. What does Joe tell Moody about boxing?
(a) He plans to be a world champion.
(b) He lives for it.
(c) He hopes he can get better.
(d) He hasn't made up his mind about it yet.
3. What does Tokio reveal about Joe?
(a) He bought a fast, expensive car.
(b) He is doing drugs.
(c) He is drinking too much.
(d) He is sleeping with too many girls.
4. What does Joe say when Lorna tells him that Moody loves her?
(a) He doesn't love anybody.
(b) He is lying.
(c) He is a married man.
5. What does Joe tell Tom about tonight's fight?
(a) He'll be surprised.
(b) He'll give it his best shot.
(c) He's never boxed before.
(d) He'll throw it.
6. Joe tells Lorna that he has always felt ___________________.
(a) Sympathy for poor people.
(b) Smarter than everybody else.
(c) He should become a doctor.
(d) Like an outsider.
7. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two months.
8. What does Joe like to read?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) Shakespeare plays.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The encyclopedia.
9. How old is Joe?
10. Which one of Tom's fighters is fighting tonight?
11. From whom does Moody get a phone call inquiring about Joe?
12. What does Lorna promise Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) To repay the money.
(b) To keep an eye on Joe.
(c) To marry Joe.
(d) To leave Joe alone.
13. Lorna accuses Moody of wanting her to sleep with whom?
14. What does Moody say about Joe's behavior lately?
(a) He is going to take a dive.
(b) He is throwing matches.
(c) He drives like a maniac.
(d) He is too big for his britches.
15. Joe tells Moody and Roxy that they should be less concerned with his driving and more concerned with ________________________.
(a) Sending him on a cruise.
(b) Shutting their mouths.
(c) Getting him some better fights.
(d) Giving him some time off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roxy is concerned that Joe may get knocked out in a fight in which city?
2. Mr. Carp tells Mr. Bonaparte that no one can make a living at ____________________.
3. What is the bad news Tom receives?
4. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
5. Joe says that Mr. Bonaparte focuses on ______________.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)