|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a topic of the conversation between the two?
(a) The busy road.
(b) Frank's union job.
(c) The threat of war.
(d) The carnival music.
2. Which of the following characters is not listening to Roxy talk?
3. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Joe before Joe leaves?
(a) Joe's being a boxer is not OK with him.
(b) He will always love him.
(c) He is his favorite child.
(d) To call home every night.
4. What does Anna say that her father never did to her mother?
(a) Encouraged her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Spoke harshly to her.
(d) Belittled her.
5. What does Joe tell Moody about boxing?
(a) He plans to be a world champion.
(b) He hasn't made up his mind about it yet.
(c) He lives for it.
(d) He hopes he can get better.
6. This scene is a conflict between _________________.
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Employer and employee.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Father and son.
7. What time is it when Mr. Bonaparte wonders where Joe is?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
8. Who is Anna?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte's secretary.
(b) Joe's girlfriend.
(c) Mr. Carp's daughter.
(d) Siggie's wife.
9. What does Joe give to his father before leaving for the train station?
(c) Newspaper clippings.
10. Where is Joe going?
(a) Boxing tour of the Midwest.
(b) Juilliard School of Music.
(c) His grandparents' home.
(d) Boxing camp in Florida.
11. What is Joe's condition when he comes home?
(a) He is freshly showered.
(b) He is bruised and bandaged.
(c) He has knife wounds.
(d) He is drunk.
12. What does Mr. Carp want to discuss after Joe leaves?
13. What does Lorna want Tom to do?
(a) Lend her money.
(b) Leave his wife.
(c) Buy a car.
(d) Take her to dinner.
14. What does Mr. Bonaparte give Joe to take with him?
15. What does Tokio say Joe needs to become a better fighter?
(c) More promotion.
(d) New gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of conversation among the others?
2. Joe tells Moody and Roxy that they should be less concerned with his driving and more concerned with ________________________.
3. What does Tom tell Roxy?
4. Lorna tells Moody and Roxy that Joe ___________________________.
5. Who wants to become part owner of Joe's career?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)