|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a topic of the conversation between the two?
(a) The busy road.
(b) The carnival music.
(c) Frank's union job.
(d) The threat of war.
2. Who was the boxer Kaplan had been sparring with when he broke his hand?
3. Joe says that Mr. Bonaparte focuses on ______________.
4. What topic does Mr. Bonaparte deride Mr. Carp for bringing up?
5. Who stops by to say goodbye to Joe?
(d) Mr. Carp.
6. With what organization is Eddie associated?
(b) Knights of Columbus.
(d) The Rotary.
7. What is Mr. Bonaparte staring at as the scene ends?
(a) Joe's violin.
(b) Joe's books.
(c) Joe's jacket.
(d) Joe's photographs.
8. Who is Tom Moody?
(a) Football coach.
(c) Grocery manager.
(d) Boxing manager.
9. Who is Frank?
(a) Siggie's brother.
(b) Mr. Carp's youngest son.
(c) Lorna's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Mr. Bonaparte's eldest son.
10. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A men's club.
(b) The Bonaparte home.
(c) A church.
(d) A bar.
11. According to Joe, life on the streets is ___________.
12. What does Lorna want Tom to do?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Leave his wife.
(c) Buy a car.
(d) Lend her money.
13. Which two characters are engaged in a conversation?
(a) Moody and Lorna.
(b) Anna and Siggie.
(c) Joe and Anna.
(d) Joe and Lorna.
14. Who wants to become part owner of Joe's career?
15. What is Tom desperate for?
(a) A good night's sleep.
(b) A good fighter to make him some money.
(c) A bank loan.
(d) A kidney transplant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roxy is concerned that Joe may get knocked out in a fight in which city?
2. What does Joe accuse Lorna of?
3. What does Tokio say Joe needs to become a better fighter?
4. How does Moody respond to the request for partnership in Joe's career?
5. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)