|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Carp tells Mr. Bonaparte that no one can make a living at ____________________.
(b) Being a musician.
(c) Selling shoes.
(d) Playing sports.
2. Roxy said that Joe thought the violinist was ________________.
(a) A professional.
(b) An attacker.
(c) An amateur.
(d) A master.
3. What is the boy's name?
(a) Joe Bonaparte.
(b) Joe Baldwin.
(c) Joe Bologna.
(d) Joe Bowdoin.
4. What does Tom promise Lorna is Kaplan wins?
(a) To take a vacation with her.
(b) To send her on a cruise.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To buy her something expensive.
5. What is the topic of conversation among the others?
6. What does Joe do before leaving for the train station?
(a) Plays the violin.
(b) Has some lunch.
(c) Brushes his hair.
(d) Changes clothes.
7. What is Joe's greatest love?
8. What does Anna ask Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) If he will fix the kitchen sink.
(b) Why he won't buy a new suit.
(c) If he will come to dinner on Sunday.
(d) Why he won't buy the cab.
9. What does Joe tell Lorna to tell Moody?
(a) He has to think about boxing some more.
(b) He wants a new manager.
(c) The next world champ is ready to go.
(d) He quit boxing.
10. What does Joe like to read?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Shakespeare plays.
(c) The encyclopedia.
(d) Romance novels.
11. With what organization is Eddie associated?
(c) The Rotary.
(d) Knights of Columbus.
12. What does Joe accuse Lorna of?
(a) Being a golddigger.
(b) Being a whore.
(c) Being with him because Moody wants her to be.
(d) Stealing money from his wallet.
13. Roxy is concerned that Joe may get knocked out in a fight in which city?
14. Which one of Tom's fighters is fighting tonight?
15. Who does Siggie want to go into business with?
(a) Mr. Carp.
(d) Mr. Bonaparte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
2. Who is Lorna?
3. What nationality is the Bonaparte family?
4. What does Moody say about Joe's behavior lately?
5. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)