|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All Siggie wants to do is raise a family like a normal man __________________.
(a) With a future.
(b) With a beautiful wife.
(c) With some dignity.
(d) With a house filled with kids.
2. Why does Moody's wife call him?
(a) Trying to reconcile.
(b) Demanding a divorce.
(c) Needing car repairs.
(d) Asking for money.
3. Joe has just won a scholarship to study ____________ at a prestigious school.
(b) Computer science.
4. Who is Frank?
(a) Mr. Carp's youngest son.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte's eldest son.
(c) Lorna's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Siggie's brother.
5. What does Roxy say about musicians in the park?
(a) They're an annoyance.
(b) They're an inspiration.
(c) They're bums.
(d) They're amateurs.
6. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
7. What does Mr. Bonaparte give Joe to take with him?
8. What does Lorna promise Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) To keep an eye on Joe.
(b) To marry Joe.
(c) To leave Joe alone.
(d) To repay the money.
9. Who does the boy say can fight in Kaplan's place?
(a) Lorna's brother.
(d) The boy.
10. Roxy is concerned that Joe may get knocked out in a fight in which city?
11. What does Joe tell Lorna to tell Moody?
(a) The next world champ is ready to go.
(b) He wants a new manager.
(c) He has to think about boxing some more.
(d) He quit boxing.
12. Who was the boxer Kaplan had been sparring with when he broke his hand?
13. What is Tom desperate for?
(a) A kidney transplant.
(b) A good night's sleep.
(c) A bank loan.
(d) A good fighter to make him some money.
14. Joe says that he focuses on ______________.
(c) The future.
15. Joe tells Lorna that he has always felt ___________________.
(a) He should become a doctor.
(b) Like an outsider.
(c) Sympathy for poor people.
(d) Smarter than everybody else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not listening to Roxy talk?
2. What does Mr. Carp want to discuss after Joe leaves?
3. Lorna accuses Moody of wanting her to sleep with whom?
4. Who is Mr. Carp?
5. Who does Siggie want to go into business with?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)