|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe's condition when he comes home?
(a) He has knife wounds.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is freshly showered.
(d) He is bruised and bandaged.
2. How old is Joe?
3. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
4. Who is Roxy?
(c) Club owner.
5. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A mugging.
(c) A street violinist.
(d) A mime.
6. What is Tom desperate for?
(a) A kidney transplant.
(b) A good night's sleep.
(c) A bank loan.
(d) A good fighter to make him some money.
7. What does Lorna promise Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) To leave Joe alone.
(b) To repay the money.
(c) To marry Joe.
(d) To keep an eye on Joe.
8. What does Joe tell Lorna to tell Moody?
(a) He wants a new manager.
(b) The next world champ is ready to go.
(c) He quit boxing.
(d) He has to think about boxing some more.
9. What nationality is the Bonaparte family?
10. Who is Tom Moody?
(a) Grocery manager.
(b) Football coach.
(c) Boxing manager.
11. Mr. Carp tells Mr. Bonaparte that no one can make a living at ____________________.
(a) Selling shoes.
(c) Playing sports.
(d) Being a musician.
12. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A men's club.
(b) A church.
(c) The Bonaparte home.
(d) A bar.
13. What does Tom promise Lorna is Kaplan wins?
(a) To take a vacation with her.
(b) To send her on a cruise.
(c) To buy her something expensive.
(d) To marry her.
14. In addition to Joe, who will benefit if Joe becomes a good boxer?
(b) Roxy and Moody.
(d) Mr. Carp.
15. What does Joe do before leaving for the train station?
(a) Brushes his hair.
(b) Has some lunch.
(c) Changes clothes.
(d) Plays the violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the boy say can fight in Kaplan's place?
2. How does Moody respond to the request for partnership in Joe's career?
3. What does Joe say he wants to buy?
4. Which one of Tom's fighters is fighting tonight?
5. Moody congratulates Tokio on ______________________.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)