|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
(a) Large sum of money.
(b) His pension.
(c) The house.
(d) Full custody of the kids.
2. What does Joe like to read?
(a) Shakespeare plays.
(b) The encyclopedia.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Romance novels.
3. What does Lorna want Tom to do?
(a) Buy a car.
(b) Leave his wife.
(c) Take her to dinner.
(d) Lend her money.
4. What does Mr. Carp want to discuss after Joe leaves?
5. Joe tells Lorna that he has always felt ___________________.
(a) He should become a doctor.
(b) Smarter than everybody else.
(c) Sympathy for poor people.
(d) Like an outsider.
6. Who is Siggie?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte's bookie.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte's son-in-law.
(c) Mr. Carp's son.
(d) Mrs. Bonaparte's brother.
7. What has Mr. Bonaparte just purchased for Joe?
(a) New car.
(b) New suit.
8. What does Mr. Bonaparte give Joe to take with him?
9. Mr. Carp tells Mr. Bonaparte that no one can make a living at ____________________.
(a) Playing sports.
(b) Being a musician.
(d) Selling shoes.
10. Who does Siggie want to go into business with?
(b) Mr. Carp.
(d) Mr. Bonaparte.
11. Who offers to persuade Joe to fight?
12. What does Mr. Bonaparte call Roxy and Moody?
(d) Joe's new friends.
13. What does Tokio say Joe needs to become a better fighter?
(b) More promotion.
(c) New gloves.
14. What does Siggie want Mr. Bonaparte to buy him?
(a) A cab.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A new suit.
15. Moody congratulates Tokio on ______________________.
(a) His marriage.
(b) How far Joe has come.
(c) His new child.
(d) His new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Moody get a phone call inquiring about Joe?
2. Moody tells Eddie that ____________ has the most influence over Joe.
3. Who arrives to tell Tom some bad news?
4. Who is Lorna?
5. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)