|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Bonapartes' kitchen.
(b) A street corner.
(c) Moody's office.
(d) A bar.
2. What does Mr. Carp want to discuss after Joe leaves?
3. How does Moody describe Joe's attitude?
4. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Athletic Club.
(c) Living room.
5. Roxy is concerned that Joe may get knocked out in a fight in which city?
6. Which two characters are engaged in a conversation?
(a) Joe and Anna.
(b) Anna and Siggie.
(c) Moody and Lorna.
(d) Joe and Lorna.
7. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A bar.
(b) The Bonaparte home.
(c) A men's club.
(d) A church.
8. What does Tom tell Roxy?
(a) He needs to have more promotion.
(b) Kaplan will fight injured.
(c) He has a replacement for Kaplan.
(d) The fight is cancelled.
9. Who was the boxer Kaplan had been sparring with when he broke his hand?
10. Which one of Tom's fighters is fighting tonight?
11. What does Joe tell Moody about boxing?
(a) He plans to be a world champion.
(b) He hopes he can get better.
(c) He lives for it.
(d) He hasn't made up his mind about it yet.
12. Who is the Golden Boy in the play?
13. What is Tom desperate for?
(a) A bank loan.
(b) A kidney transplant.
(c) A good fighter to make him some money.
(d) A good night's sleep.
14. Joe tells Lorna that he has always felt ___________________.
(a) Like an outsider.
(b) He should become a doctor.
(c) Smarter than everybody else.
(d) Sympathy for poor people.
15. Who arrives to tell Tom some bad news?
(a) His wife.
(b) His minister.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy's name?
2. Who does Mr. Bonaparte think should decide the best career direction for Joe?
3. What does Joe say he wants to buy?
4. What does Moody tell Tokio?
5. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)