|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage do the others sip while Joe packs?
2. Lorna tells Moody and Roxy that Joe ___________________________.
(a) Is becoming the kind of fighter they wanted.
(b) Has proposed to her.
(c) Is quitting after the next fight.
(d) Is playing the violin at night.
3. What is Joe doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Working out.
(b) Packing a suitcase.
(d) Playing the violin.
4. What is Mr. Bonaparte staring at as the scene ends?
(a) Joe's books.
(b) Joe's photographs.
(c) Joe's violin.
(d) Joe's jacket.
5. Who stops by to say goodbye to Joe?
(c) Mr. Carp.
6. According to Roxy, Joe fights as though ______________________.
(a) He's an animal.
(b) He's a girl.
(c) He's saving his hands.
(d) He's afraid of blood.
7. Joe has just won a scholarship to study ____________ at a prestigious school.
(c) Computer science.
8. What has Mr. Bonaparte just purchased for Joe?
(a) New suit.
(b) New car.
9. What does Mr. Carp want to discuss after Joe leaves?
10. In addition to Joe, who will benefit if Joe becomes a good boxer?
(b) Roxy and Moody.
(d) Mr. Carp.
11. What does Lorna want Tom to do?
(a) Leave his wife.
(b) Buy a car.
(c) Take her to dinner.
(d) Lend her money.
12. Who promises Joe better fights and better press coverage?
13. Who/what is Tokio?
(a) A Japanese restaurant.
(b) A style of fighting.
(c) Lorna's landlord.
(d) Kaplan's trainer.
14. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A bar.
(b) A school.
(c) A park bench by a busy road.
(d) A bus station.
15. Roxy and Moody tell Joe they know about ______________.
(a) The booze.
(b) The car.
(c) The women.
(d) The drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to tell Tom some bad news?
2. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
3. Who does Mr. Bonaparte think should decide the best career direction for Joe?
4. What does Joe tell Moody about boxing?
5. What does Frank bring home?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)