|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Siggie?
(a) Mrs. Bonaparte's brother.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte's bookie.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte's son-in-law.
(d) Mr. Carp's son.
2. Who arrives to tell Tom some bad news?
(a) A boy.
(b) His minister.
(c) His wife.
(d) A policeman.
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Athletic Club.
(d) Living room.
4. Roxy and Moody tell Joe they know about ______________.
(a) The drugs.
(b) The women.
(c) The booze.
(d) The car.
5. Joe thinks Lorna is lost and _____________.
6. What beverage do the others sip while Joe packs?
7. What does Lorna want Tom to do?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Buy a car.
(c) Leave his wife.
(d) Lend her money.
8. Why does Lorna say she does not like Joe?
(a) He's too much inside himself.
(b) He's not very attractive.
(c) He swears.
(d) He is rude.
9. Where does Lorna tell Joe to put all his passion?
(a) Becoming a doctor.
(b) Composing music.
(c) Going to college.
(d) Being a fighter.
10. Joe tells Lorna that he has always felt ___________________.
(a) Like an outsider.
(b) Sympathy for poor people.
(c) Smarter than everybody else.
(d) He should become a doctor.
11. Which of the following characters is not watching Joe train?
12. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Street corner.
(d) Living room.
13. Who does Siggie want to go into business with?
(c) Mr. Bonaparte.
(d) Mr. Carp.
14. Who is Mr. Carp?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte's bookie.
(b) Mr. Bonaparte's friend.
(c) The neighborhood grocer.
(d) The Bonapartes' neighbor.
15. What does Joe ask of his father before leaving?
(a) Violin strings.
(b) "The word".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom promise Lorna is Kaplan wins?
2. What time is it when Mr. Bonaparte wonders where Joe is?
3. What does Joe give to his father before leaving for the train station?
4. Who is Frank?
5. What is Joe's greatest love?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)