|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A street violinist.
(c) A mugging.
(d) A mime.
3. In addition to Joe, who will benefit if Joe becomes a good boxer?
(a) Mr. Carp.
(d) Roxy and Moody.
4. What does Tokio say Joe needs to become a better fighter?
(a) More promotion.
(b) New gloves.
5. Who does Siggie want to go into business with?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte.
(c) Mr. Carp.
6. Who is Tom Moody?
(a) Boxing manager.
(c) Grocery manager.
(d) Football coach.
7. Joe has just won a scholarship to study ____________ at a prestigious school.
(a) Computer science.
8. Which of the following characters is not watching Joe train?
9. Which of the following does Joe not tell Lorna about music's effect on him?
(a) It makes him feel like a man.
(b) It means the world to him.
(c) He plans to become a superstar.
(d) He belongs in the world.
10. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A bar.
(b) The Bonaparte home.
(c) A men's club.
(d) A church.
11. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Living room.
(c) Street corner.
12. Where is Joe going on a boxing tour?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The Southeast.
(c) New England.
(d) The Northwest.
13. Who arrives to tell Tom some bad news?
(a) A policeman.
(b) His minister.
(c) His wife.
(d) A boy.
14. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A bar.
(b) A school.
(c) A bus station.
(d) A park bench by a busy road.
15. Lorna accuses Moody of wanting her to sleep with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to tell Roxy how to manage Joe?
2. Where does Lorna tell Joe to put all his passion?
3. What is Mr. Bonaparte staring at as the scene ends?
4. Moody tells Eddie that ____________ has the most influence over Joe.
5. What does Mr. Bonaparte give Joe to take with him?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)