|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roxy say about musicians in the park?
(a) They're bums.
(b) They're amateurs.
(c) They're an inspiration.
(d) They're an annoyance.
2. Who was the boxer Kaplan had been sparring with when he broke his hand?
3. What has Mr. Bonaparte just purchased for Joe?
(b) New suit.
(d) New car.
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Moody's office.
(b) A bar.
(c) The Bonapartes' kitchen.
(d) A street corner.
5. How old is Joe?
6. Why does Moody's wife call him?
(a) Demanding a divorce.
(b) Trying to reconcile.
(c) Asking for money.
(d) Needing car repairs.
7. Moody tells Eddie that ____________ has the most influence over Joe.
(c) Mr. Bonaparte.
8. What does Joe do before leaving for the train station?
(a) Plays the violin.
(b) Has some lunch.
(c) Changes clothes.
(d) Brushes his hair.
9. Which one of Tom's fighters is fighting tonight?
10. Where is Joe going on a boxing tour?
(a) The Southeast.
(b) New England.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The Northwest.
11. What does Joe say he wants to buy?
(a) A big car.
(b) A house.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A new suit.
12. What is Joe's greatest love?
13. What does Lorna ask Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) If Joe has the makings of a boxer.
(b) If he likes her.
(c) If he will loan her some money.
(d) If he would bless her marriage to Joe.
14. What does Moody say about Joe's behavior lately?
(a) He drives like a maniac.
(b) He is going to take a dive.
(c) He is too big for his britches.
(d) He is throwing matches.
15. Joe tells Moody and Roxy that they should be less concerned with his driving and more concerned with ________________________.
(a) Shutting their mouths.
(b) Sending him on a cruise.
(c) Giving him some time off.
(d) Getting him some better fights.
Short Answer Questions
1. This scene is a conflict between _________________.
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Joe tell Lorna to tell Moody?
4. What does Joe accuse Lorna of?
5. What does Joe like to read?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)