|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frank?
(a) Mr. Bonaparte's eldest son.
(b) Lorna's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Mr. Carp's youngest son.
(d) Siggie's brother.
2. Who is the Golden Boy in the play?
3. Who does the boy say can fight in Kaplan's place?
(a) The boy.
(b) Lorna's brother.
4. Who tries to tell Roxy how to manage Joe?
5. Who promises Joe better fights and better press coverage?
6. Joe tells Moody and Roxy that they should be less concerned with his driving and more concerned with ________________________.
(a) Shutting their mouths.
(b) Sending him on a cruise.
(c) Giving him some time off.
(d) Getting him some better fights.
7. What does Joe tell Lorna to tell Moody?
(a) He has to think about boxing some more.
(b) He wants a new manager.
(c) He quit boxing.
(d) The next world champ is ready to go.
8. From whom does Moody get a phone call inquiring about Joe?
9. What does Roxy say about musicians in the park?
(a) They're amateurs.
(b) They're bums.
(c) They're an inspiration.
(d) They're an annoyance.
10. What is the boy's name?
(a) Joe Baldwin.
(b) Joe Bonaparte.
(c) Joe Bowdoin.
(d) Joe Bologna.
11. What does Tom promise Lorna is Kaplan wins?
(a) To send her on a cruise.
(b) To buy her something expensive.
(c) To take a vacation with her.
(d) To marry her.
12. What does Anna say that her father never did to her mother?
(a) Spoke harshly to her.
(b) Encouraged her.
(c) Belittled her.
(d) Beat her.
13. Who wants to become part owner of Joe's career?
14. Roxy said that Joe thought the violinist was ________________.
(a) An attacker.
(b) A master.
(c) A professional.
(d) An amateur.
15. What does Joe accuse Lorna of?
(a) Being with him because Moody wants her to be.
(b) Being a whore.
(c) Being a golddigger.
(d) Stealing money from his wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roxy is concerned that Joe may get knocked out in a fight in which city?
2. What is Mr. Bonaparte staring at as the scene ends?
3. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Mr. Bonaparte call Roxy and Moody?
5. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)