|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to persuade Joe to fight?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Athletic Club.
(d) Living room.
3. Lorna tells Moody and Roxy that Joe ___________________________.
(a) Is becoming the kind of fighter they wanted.
(b) Is playing the violin at night.
(c) Is quitting after the next fight.
(d) Has proposed to her.
4. What does Joe like to read?
(a) The encyclopedia.
(b) Shakespeare plays.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Romance novels.
5. Roxy is concerned that Joe may get knocked out in a fight in which city?
6. Lorna accuses Moody of wanting her to sleep with whom?
7. Which two characters are engaged in a conversation?
(a) Anna and Siggie.
(b) Joe and Lorna.
(c) Moody and Lorna.
(d) Joe and Anna.
8. What does Lorna promise Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) To leave Joe alone.
(b) To keep an eye on Joe.
(c) To marry Joe.
(d) To repay the money.
9. Who arrives to tell Tom some bad news?
(a) A policeman.
(b) His minister.
(c) A boy.
(d) His wife.
10. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
(a) The house.
(b) His pension.
(c) Large sum of money.
(d) Full custody of the kids.
11. What is Lorna's job?
(a) She is a secretary.
(b) She does not work.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a waitress.
12. Who promises Joe better fights and better press coverage?
13. Which of the following is not a topic of the conversation between the two?
(a) Frank's union job.
(b) The busy road.
(c) The threat of war.
(d) The carnival music.
14. What does Joe say he wants to buy?
(a) A big car.
(b) A house.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A new suit.
15. What does Frank bring home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roxy say is not crazy about watching Joe fight?
2. With what organization is Eddie associated?
3. What does Joe ask of his father before leaving?
4. What does Tokio reveal about Joe?
5. Who does Mr. Bonaparte think should decide the best career direction for Joe?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)