|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe has just won a scholarship to study ____________ at a prestigious school.
(d) Computer science.
2. Where is Joe going?
(a) Boxing camp in Florida.
(b) Boxing tour of the Midwest.
(c) His grandparents' home.
(d) Juilliard School of Music.
3. Roxy and Moody tell Joe they know about ______________.
(a) The car.
(b) The drugs.
(c) The women.
(d) The booze.
4. Who is the Golden Boy in the play?
5. Who does the boy say can fight in Kaplan's place?
(a) The boy.
(c) Lorna's brother.
6. Roxy said that Joe thought the violinist was ________________.
(a) A master.
(b) A professional.
(c) An attacker.
(d) An amateur.
7. Joe says that Mr. Bonaparte focuses on ______________.
8. What does Joe ask of his father before leaving?
(b) "The word".
(d) Violin strings.
9. Lorna tells Moody and Roxy that Joe ___________________________.
(a) Has proposed to her.
(b) Is playing the violin at night.
(c) Is quitting after the next fight.
(d) Is becoming the kind of fighter they wanted.
10. What does Joe like to read?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Shakespeare plays.
(d) The encyclopedia.
11. What time is it when Mr. Bonaparte wonders where Joe is?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
12. Who stops by to say goodbye to Joe?
(a) Mr. Carp.
13. According to Joe, life on the streets is ___________.
14. What does Moody tell Tokio?
(a) He should take a couple days off.
(b) It's his job to make sure Joe wins on Tuesday.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He's the best trainer he has.
15. Who wants to become part owner of Joe's career?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Carp tells Mr. Bonaparte that no one can make a living at ____________________.
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Tom tell Roxy?
4. What is Mr. Bonaparte staring at as the scene ends?
5. Who is Lorna?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)