|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Joe before Joe leaves?
(a) He will always love him.
(b) To call home every night.
(c) Joe's being a boxer is not OK with him.
(d) He is his favorite child.
2. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What is the topic of conversation among the others?
4. What do the men see in the newspaper?
(a) Frank's wedding announcement.
(b) Siggie's lottery numbers.
(c) Job ads.
(d) Joe's picture.
5. Roxy said that Joe thought the violinist was ________________.
(a) An amateur.
(b) A master.
(c) A professional.
(d) An attacker.
6. Who stops by to say goodbye to Joe?
(b) Mr. Carp.
7. What does Mr. Carp want to discuss after Joe leaves?
8. Lorna tells Moody and Roxy that Joe ___________________________.
(a) Is quitting after the next fight.
(b) Has proposed to her.
(c) Is playing the violin at night.
(d) Is becoming the kind of fighter they wanted.
9. Mr. Carp tells Mr. Bonaparte that no one can make a living at ____________________.
(a) Playing sports.
(b) Selling shoes.
(d) Being a musician.
10. What beverage do the others sip while Joe packs?
11. Where is Joe going?
(a) Boxing tour of the Midwest.
(b) His grandparents' home.
(c) Boxing camp in Florida.
(d) Juilliard School of Music.
12. Joe tells Lorna that he has always felt ___________________.
(a) Like an outsider.
(b) He should become a doctor.
(c) Smarter than everybody else.
(d) Sympathy for poor people.
13. What time is it when Mr. Bonaparte wonders where Joe is?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 11:00 p.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
14. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
15. What is Lorna's job?
(a) She is a secretary.
(b) She does not work.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a waitress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roxy and Moody tell Joe they know about ______________.
2. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
3. What does Anna say that her father never did to her mother?
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why does Moody's wife call him?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)