Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joe, life on the streets is ___________.
2. Who stops by to say goodbye to Joe?
(c) Mr. Carp.
3. Who is Lorna?
(a) A secretary.
(b) Tom Moody's girlfriend.
(c) A high school cheerleader.
(d) A nurse.
4. What had Joe seen earlier today that seems to have unnerved him?
(a) A street violinist.
(b) A mugging.
(c) A mime.
(d) A car accident.
5. What is the bad news Tom receives?
(a) Kaplan broke his hand.
(b) His wife was in a car accident.
(c) The bank foreclosed on his house.
(d) His wife refuses to sign the divorce papers.
6. Joe thinks Lorna is lost and _____________.
7. What does Tom's wife want in exchange for a divorce?
(a) Full custody of the kids.
(b) The house.
(c) Large sum of money.
(d) His pension.
8. What does Siggie want Mr. Bonaparte to buy him?
(a) A new suit.
(c) A cab.
(d) A cigar.
9. In addition to Joe, who will benefit if Joe becomes a good boxer?
(c) Roxy and Moody.
(d) Mr. Carp.
10. What does Lorna ask Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) If he would bless her marriage to Joe.
(b) If he will loan her some money.
(c) If Joe has the makings of a boxer.
(d) If he likes her.
11. Who is the Golden Boy in the play?
12. Why does Moody's wife call him?
(a) Trying to reconcile.
(b) Needing car repairs.
(c) Demanding a divorce.
(d) Asking for money.
13. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Joe before Joe leaves?
(a) Joe's being a boxer is not OK with him.
(b) He will always love him.
(c) He is his favorite child.
(d) To call home every night.
14. Roxy and Moody tell Joe they know about ______________.
(a) The women.
(b) The car.
(c) The drugs.
(d) The booze.
15. Mr. Carp tells Mr. Bonaparte that no one can make a living at ____________________.
(a) Playing sports.
(c) Being a musician.
(d) Selling shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tokio reveal about Joe?
2. Where is Joe going on a boxing tour?
3. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
4. Lorna tells Moody and Roxy that Joe ___________________________.
5. Joe has just won a scholarship to study ____________ at a prestigious school.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)