|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lorna tell Joe to put all his passion?
(a) Becoming a doctor.
(b) Being a fighter.
(c) Going to college.
(d) Composing music.
2. What does Lorna want Tom to do?
(a) Leave his wife.
(b) Buy a car.
(c) Lend her money.
(d) Take her to dinner.
3. What does Frank bring home?
4. Why does Moody's wife call him?
(a) Trying to reconcile.
(b) Needing car repairs.
(c) Asking for money.
(d) Demanding a divorce.
5. Who tries to tell Roxy how to manage Joe?
6. Who was the boxer Kaplan had been sparring with when he broke his hand?
7. What does Joe tell Tom about tonight's fight?
(a) He's never boxed before.
(b) He'll give it his best shot.
(c) He'll be surprised.
(d) He'll throw it.
8. Why does Lorna say she does not like Joe?
(a) He's too much inside himself.
(b) He's not very attractive.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He swears.
9. What time is it when Mr. Bonaparte wonders where Joe is?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
10. What is Mr. Bonaparte staring at as the scene ends?
(a) Joe's books.
(b) Joe's jacket.
(c) Joe's photographs.
(d) Joe's violin.
11. What is the bad news Tom receives?
(a) Kaplan broke his hand.
(b) The bank foreclosed on his house.
(c) His wife was in a car accident.
(d) His wife refuses to sign the divorce papers.
12. What is the topic of conversation among the others?
13. According to Joe, life on the streets is ___________.
14. What does Moody say about Joe's behavior lately?
(a) He drives like a maniac.
(b) He is too big for his britches.
(c) He is throwing matches.
(d) He is going to take a dive.
15. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Athletic Club.
(b) Living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say that her father never did to her mother?
2. Where is Joe going on a boxing tour?
3. Mr. Bonaparte tells Roxy and Moody about Joe's skills as a _________________.
4. Joe tells Lorna that he has always felt ___________________.
5. What does Lorna ask Mr. Bonaparte?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)