|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This scene is a conflict between _________________.
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Employer and employee.
2. Joe has just won a scholarship to study ____________ at a prestigious school.
(b) Computer science.
3. What does Joe tell Tom about tonight's fight?
(a) He'll give it his best shot.
(b) He'll be surprised.
(c) He's never boxed before.
(d) He'll throw it.
4. What does Mr. Bonaparte tell Joe before Joe leaves?
(a) He will always love him.
(b) He is his favorite child.
(c) Joe's being a boxer is not OK with him.
(d) To call home every night.
5. What does Lorna want Tom to do?
(a) Lend her money.
(b) Buy a car.
(c) Leave his wife.
(d) Take her to dinner.
6. With what organization is Eddie associated?
(a) Knights of Columbus.
(d) The Rotary.
7. Joe tells Lorna that he has always felt ___________________.
(a) Like an outsider.
(b) He should become a doctor.
(c) Sympathy for poor people.
(d) Smarter than everybody else.
8. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two hours.
9. Where does Lorna tell Joe to put all his passion?
(a) Composing music.
(b) Becoming a doctor.
(c) Being a fighter.
(d) Going to college.
10. Who offers to persuade Joe to fight?
11. Mr. Carp tells Mr. Bonaparte that no one can make a living at ____________________.
(a) Being a musician.
(b) Selling shoes.
(c) Playing sports.
12. What is Joe doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Packing a suitcase.
(b) Playing the violin.
(d) Working out.
13. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Street corner.
(c) Living room.
14. Why does Joe think Lorna picked Moody to be with?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) He gave her a place to stay.
(c) There was no one else.
(d) She needed a job.
15. Who does Roxy say is not crazy about watching Joe fight?
(b) Joe's mother.
(c) Joe's father.
(d) His patrons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorna accuses Moody of wanting her to sleep with whom?
2. Who promises Joe better fights and better press coverage?
3. What does Lorna promise Mr. Bonaparte?
4. Who does the boy say can fight in Kaplan's place?
5. Which of the following characters is not watching Joe train?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)