|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Mr. Bonaparte deride Mr. Carp for bringing up?
2. How does Moody respond to the request for partnership in Joe's career?
(a) He will consider it after 10 more fights.
(b) He is willing to go 70/30.
(c) He refuses outright.
(d) He says he'll think about it.
3. What does Joe tell Lorna to tell Moody?
(a) He wants a new manager.
(b) He has to think about boxing some more.
(c) The next world champ is ready to go.
(d) He quit boxing.
4. Why does Joe think Lorna picked Moody to be with?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) She needed a job.
(c) He gave her a place to stay.
(d) There was no one else.
5. What is Joe doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Packing a suitcase.
(b) Working out.
(d) Playing the violin.
6. What does Tokio say Joe needs to become a better fighter?
(a) More promotion.
(c) New gloves.
7. What does Siggie want Mr. Bonaparte to buy him?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A cab.
(c) A cigar.
8. Who does Roxy say is not crazy about watching Joe fight?
(a) Joe's father.
(c) His patrons.
(d) Joe's mother.
9. What does Lorna promise Mr. Bonaparte?
(a) To keep an eye on Joe.
(b) To leave Joe alone.
(c) To repay the money.
(d) To marry Joe.
10. Who does the boy say can fight in Kaplan's place?
(a) Lorna's brother.
(b) The boy.
11. What has Mr. Bonaparte just purchased for Joe?
(c) New suit.
(d) New car.
12. What does Joe tell Tom about tonight's fight?
(a) He'll give it his best shot.
(b) He's never boxed before.
(c) He'll be surprised.
(d) He'll throw it.
13. Who wants to become part owner of Joe's career?
14. What does Tom tell Roxy?
(a) The fight is cancelled.
(b) Kaplan will fight injured.
(c) He has a replacement for Kaplan.
(d) He needs to have more promotion.
15. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Living room.
(b) Athletic Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom desperate for?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Which of the following characters is not watching Joe train?
4. What does Joe ask of his father before leaving?
5. What does Joe give to his father before leaving for the train station?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)