Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 and which two characters open the play?
2. Explain the reason for Lorna's agitated state.
3. What unrealistic promise does Moody make to Lorna?
4. What bad news does Kaplan get while he is kissing Lorna in his office?
5. How does Moody come to know Joe Bonaparte?
6. How does the author use language to set up the tone of the play right from the beginning?
This section contains 974 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)