Act 1, Scene 1
* The scene opens in the office of small time boxing manager, Tom Moody.
* Moody argues with his girlfriend, Lorna, who wants Tom to leave his wife and marry her.
* Moody tries to tell Lorna that his wife wants a large sum of money to divorce and he needs a good boxer to bring in some revenue.
* A boy arrives with the news that Moody's fighter, Kaplan, broke his hand in a sparring match and can't fight tonight.
* The boy just happens to be Kaplan's sparring partner and offers to fight in Kaplan's place.
* The boy, Joe Bonaparte, promises to surprise Moody with his skill.
Act 1, Scene 2
* The scene opens in the lower middle class home of the Bonaparte family and Joe's father sits with his friend, Mr. Carp, reading the paper.
* Bonaparte's son-in-law, Siggie, asks him to buy him a cab so he can make money...
This section contains 2,095 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)