|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is getting married in Free Women: 5?
2. In Free Women: 2, when does Tommy leave Anna's?
3. What does Tommy question in Free Women: 2?
4. How does Anna describe Janet in Free Women: 2?
5. Why is Richard angry in Freewomen: 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Anna and Marion discuss in Free Women: 2?
2. In Free Women: 2, what does Anna sense about Tommy?
3. Explain what happens to Tommy in Free Women: 2?
4. When Tommy visits Anna's flat in Free Women: 2, what do they talk about?
5. How have Anna and Molly's lives changed in Free Women: 5?
6. How does Saul make Anna feel about herself?
7. Explain the conversation between Tommy and Anna in Free Women: 4?
8. What news does Anna have to tell Marion in Free Women: 3?
9. Why does Richard want to meet with Anna in Free women: 3?
10. How does Saul end up publishing a book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Ella's obsession with Paul's wife. Be sure to talk about the reasons behind her jealousy of the wife.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the theme in this novel of whether women are better off married or single. Be sure to give examples with Anna and Molly as well as Richard's wife, Marion. How are their lives different or the same?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance and symbolism about Anna's dream in 'Red Notebook'.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)