|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage did Tommy's body suffer from his incident?
2. Who is getting married in Free Women: 5?
3. Whom does Anna call about Tommy in Free Women: 2?
4. Who is Nelson?
5. Who is disturbed by Tommy's actions in Free Women: 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Saul end up publishing a book?
2. What happens when Molly and Richard arrive at Anna's flat?
3. How does Saul make Anna feel about herself?
4. What is the plot for the new story Anna thinks of in 'Golden Notebook'?
5. In Free Women: 2, what does Anna sense about Tommy?
6. Explain the conversation between Tommy and Anna in Free Women: 4?
7. When Tommy visits Anna's flat in Free Women: 2, what do they talk about?
8. Explain what happens to Tommy in Free Women: 2?
9. What news does Anna have to tell Marion in Free Women: 3?
10. How have Anna and Molly's lives changed in Free Women: 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the meaning of Anna's reporting on the whole of her day. How does she feel conflicted in the roles she must play? In what ways does the stress and busyness of her day affect Anna?
Essay Topic 2
What side of Anna does 'Black Notebook' show the reader? What do we learn about her and her feelings about her talent?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Anna's feelings about her own writing in the beginning of the novel and at the end. What spurs this change? How does it manifest itself?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)