|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ella no longer healthy in 'Yellow Notebook'?
2. In 'Black Notebook', what does Anna's novel have to do with?
3. What do Anna and her friend drink together in Chapter 1?
4. What is Anna's sarcastic suggestion for the movie at her lunch meeting?
5. Why is Julia upset in 'Yellow Notebook'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the meaning of the second dream recorded by Anna in 'Black Notebook'?
2. Why does Anna put the newspaper clippings in her notebook, and what are they about?
3. What happens when Molly learns her friends are in jail in 'Red Notebook'?
4. How does Anna hold herself back with her reaction to the filmmakers who want to buy her novel?
5. Whom does Anna try to help with a petition and why?
6. Why is it odd that Anna signs up for the Communist Party?
7. What does Anna think the danger of Janet walking in on her and Michael represents, and how does it make her feel?
8. What does Anna dream about in 'Red Notebook'?
9. What does marriage mean in the Communist Party?
10. What happens before Anna decides to keep one notebook in the 'Blue Notebook'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anna's lack of faith with the Communist Party with Molly's doubts.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Anna's feelings about her own writing in the beginning of the novel and at the end. What spurs this change? How does it manifest itself?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Anna's final journal entry and the meaning of the dream about the casket.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)