|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julia upset in 'Yellow Notebook'?
2. What interest does Anna track in the black notebook?
3. What is different about the addition to Anna's novel in 'Yellow Notebook'?
4. Why is Ella no longer healthy in 'Yellow Notebook'?
5. Who asks Ella if she plans to attend a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Molly learns her friends are in jail in 'Red Notebook'?
2. How does Ella meet Paul Tanner?
3. What happens when Paul invites Ella for a drive?
4. Describe the conversation in 'Red Notebook' between Anna and Jimmy.
5. How is the second company's idea insulting to Anna?
6. How does Anna hold herself back with her reaction to the filmmakers who want to buy her novel?
7. Why is the structure of this novel described as complex?
8. Why does Anna put the newspaper clippings in her notebook, and what are they about?
9. How is the first company's proposal for Anna's novel to turn it into a movie insulting to her?
10. How does Anna react to Saul moving in with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What side of Anna does 'Black Notebook' show the reader? What do we learn about her and her feelings about her talent?
Essay Topic 2
Why doesn't Anna separate herself completely from the Communist Party when she becomes fearful of it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conflict the character of Tommy faces with choosing a future career. How does he handle making the decision, and how do his parents play a part in this conflict?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)