|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly consider sending to the Communist Party?
(a) The blue notebook.
(b) The golden notebook.
(c) "The Shadow of the Third" novel.
(d) The red notebook.
2. Where is Anna's new roommate from?
3. Where does Molly intend to send those pages of her doubts in 'Red Notebook'?
(a) To Anna.
(b) To the party.
(c) To Richard.
(d) To the American president.
4. What does Anna begin to feel towards Michael in 'Blue Notebook'?
5. In Chapter 1, whom does Anna say has been to see her?
(b) Molly and Sarah.
(c) Richard and Marion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julia upset in 'Yellow Notebook'?
2. What does the company think of the extra-martial affairs in her novel?
3. In 'Black Notebook', someone wants to change the novel's setting. Where does this person want it to be?
4. What does the man in Ella's novel want to do?
5. Who is originally told that whoever is in jail is not in trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Ella's flight home from Paris?
2. What happens when Paul invites Ella for a drive?
3. Whom does Anna try to help with a petition and why?
4. What is happening between Richard and Marion in Free Women: 1?
5. Why is Ella disillusioned and depressed after Paris?
6. In what way does Anna use the black notebook to recount her experiences in Africa?
7. What does Anna dream about in 'Red Notebook'?
8. Why does Anna feel disillusioned despite all of the interest in her novel?
9. Why is it odd that Anna signs up for the Communist Party?
10. Why is Molly dismayed after attending a Community Party meeting with young people?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)