|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference in lifestyles between Anna and Marion?
(a) No difference.
(b) One is single, one is married.
(c) One has children, one does not.
(d) One lives in an apartment, the other a house.
2. Who merges into one person in Anna's dream in 'Golden Notebook'?
(a) Saul and Michael.
(b) Anna and Molly.
(c) Saul and Molly.
(d) Michael and Paul.
3. Whom does Anna call about Tommy in Free Women: 2?
4. Who is arrested in Free Women: 4?
(a) Anna and Molly.
(b) Marion and Tommy.
(c) Marion and Anna.
(d) Richard and Tommy.
5. Who calls Anna looking for Tommy at the beginning of Free Women: 2?
6. Who is getting married in Free Women: 5?
7. How long is Tommy in the hospital when a determination is made about his condition?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
8. Who is disturbed by Tommy's actions in Free Women: 2?
9. What damage did Tommy's body suffer from his incident?
(a) His leg.
(b) His optic nerve was damaged.
(c) His heart.
(d) His arm.
10. Why was Tommy's bedroom relocated?
(a) So Molly wouldn't be reminded of him.
(b) So he didn't fight with Anna.
(c) So Richard wouldn't have to see him.
(d) So he didn't have to use the stairs.
11. Who is Nelson?
(a) One of Richard's sons.
(b) A new man Anna meets in Free Women: 5.
(c) Tommy's brother.
(d) Janet's boyfriend.
12. Who comes to Anna's flat drunk in Free Women: 2?
13. Tommy discusses a journal entry with Anna about what?
14. What does Anna plan to get a job as in Free Women: 5?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A marriage counselor.
(c) A divorce attorney.
(d) A writer.
15. What animal is in Anna's dream in 'Golden Notebook'?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Michael appear in 'Golden Notebook'?
2. Who is caring for Richard's three boys in Free Women: 5?
3. Who has to defend themselves against Richard's attacks in Free Women: 3?
4. Whom does the animal represent in her dream in 'Golden Notebook'?
5. Who stops drinking after Tommy's suicide attempt?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)