|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style is the synopsis of Anna's novel written in in the black notebook?
(a) Third person.
2. Whose party is Ella going to in 'Yellow Notebook'?
(a) An editor at the magazine.
(b) A doctor who writes for the magazine.
(c) A writer at the magazine.
(d) Anna's boss.
3. What is one title for one of the columns in Anna's black notebook?
4. What does Anna's meeting involve with the second company?
(a) A lunch meeting.
(d) A dinner meeting.
5. How many friends of Michael's were killed by the Communist Party in 'Red Notebook'?
6. What is the name of the item that 'Yellow Notebook' deals with?
(a) The red notebook.
(b) "The Shadow of the Third".
(c) The golden notebook.
(d) The Communist book.
7. In 'Black Notebook', where is Anna when she talks sarcastically to the person in her lunch meeting?
(a) At the restaurant.
(b) On the street.
(c) On the phone at home.
(d) In the bar.
8. Where does Molly send Tommy for the summer in 'Blue Notebook'?
(a) To stay with her mother.
(b) To stay with his father.
(c) To stay with Anna.
(d) To stay with her brother.
9. What is Paul Tanner's profession?
(a) A writer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An actor.
(d) A comedian.
10. How do readers take Anna's synopsis of the novel in the black notebook?
(b) As a joke.
(c) They don't read it.
11. What is Anna on a quest for in this novel?
(a) Her long lost family.
12. What country is Anna obsessed with?
13. How many columns is the black notebook divided into?
14. In 'Black Notebook', what is the idea to change the novel's theme?
(a) Change it to family issues.
(b) Change it to race relations.
(c) Change it to class relations.
(d) Change it to family relations.
15. Who begs Molly not to send those pages of the red notebook?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna and her friend drink together in Chapter 1?
2. What does Anna lose in the last 'Yellow Notebook'?
3. How does Ella feel when she is on a break from her boyfriend?
4. Who is Ella's son?
5. In 'Red Notebook', who talks with Anna about Communism just before she goes to sleep?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)