|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interest does Anna track in the black notebook?
(a) Interest in moving to Africa.
(b) Interest in turning her novel into a film.
(c) Interest in publishing her book.
(d) Love interests.
2. What does Anna lose in the last 'Yellow Notebook'?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her pen.
(d) Her writer's block.
3. Does Molly ever send those pages of the red notebook?
(a) She waits a while, but eventually does.
(b) She does, but then regrets it.
4. Who asks Ella if she plans to attend a party?
5. What country is Anna obsessed with?
6. In 'Red Notebook', who is also considering leaving the same part as Molly?
(c) The Forest Brothers.
7. Whom does Ella think about when she is out of town in 'Yellow Notebook'?
8. What is Ella busy trying to do in the beginning of 'Yellow Notebook'?
(a) Trying to get home from the party.
(b) Trying to get Michael to sleep.
(c) Trying to get Richard to sleep.
(d) Trying to convince Anna to go to the party.
9. What happens when Anna means to write about the events of the day in 'Blue Notebook'?
(a) She writes one page and stops.
(b) She puts it off.
(c) She writes as much as she can.
(d) She throws away the Blue Notebook.
10. What is Paul Tanner's profession?
(a) A comedian.
(b) A writer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An actor.
11. Why is Anna disgusted in 'Red Notebook'?
(a) That she feel in love with Richard.
(b) That she thought she was a good writer.
(c) That she would think the Community Party would ever change.
(d) That she let Tommy hurt himself.
12. In 'Red Notebook', how does the person who dreamt of color feel after the dream?
(a) He is happy.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is sad.
(d) He is sad.
13. For three years, what kind of entries is there in the black notebook?
14. In 'Black Notebook', where is Anna when she talks sarcastically to the person in her lunch meeting?
(a) In the bar.
(b) On the phone at home.
(c) On the street.
(d) At the restaurant.
15. What is the name of the item that 'Yellow Notebook' deals with?
(a) The red notebook.
(b) The golden notebook.
(c) "The Shadow of the Third".
(d) The Communist book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Janet's father?
2. What is discussed at the party Anna attends in 'Red Notebook'?
3. What does Anna tell Mother Sugar in 'Blue Notebook'?
4. Where does Ella go after her break from her boyfriend?
5. After Anna makes dinner for herself and Michael, what happens?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)