|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, whom does Anna say has been to see her?
(b) Richard and Marion.
(c) Molly and Sarah.
2. In 'Black Notebook', where is Anna when she talks sarcastically to the person in her lunch meeting?
(a) At the restaurant.
(b) On the street.
(c) On the phone at home.
(d) In the bar.
3. What country is Anna obsessed with?
4. What does Anna find in the last 'Blue Notebook'?
(a) The blue notebook.
(b) The golden notebook.
(c) The red notebook.
(d) The yellow notebook.
5. Where is Anna's new roommate from?
6. How many friends of Michael's were killed by the Communist Party in 'Red Notebook'?
7. What interest does Anna track in the black notebook?
(a) Love interests.
(b) Interest in turning her novel into a film.
(c) Interest in moving to Africa.
(d) Interest in publishing her book.
8. What does Anna abandon in the last 'Yellow Notebook'?
(d) Her novel.
9. How is the structure of this book often described?
(a) Moderately easy reading.
(c) Easy reading.
10. What does Anna assume about her new roommate?
(a) That he is a good person.
(b) That he likes her.
(c) That she is a good person.
(d) That he is cheating on her.
11. Who moves in with Anna in 'Blue Notebook'?
(a) John Smith.
(c) Saul Green.
12. Why is Anna disgusted in 'Red Notebook'?
(a) That she let Tommy hurt himself.
(b) That she feel in love with Richard.
(c) That she thought she was a good writer.
(d) That she would think the Community Party would ever change.
13. Who is Janet's father?
14. What happens when Anna means to write about the events of the day in 'Blue Notebook'?
(a) She throws away the Blue Notebook.
(b) She writes as much as she can.
(c) She writes one page and stops.
(d) She puts it off.
15. In what part of 'Black Notebook' does Anna dream?
(a) The first entry.
(b) Her final entry.
(c) The middle.
(d) The second to last page.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many columns is the black notebook divided into?
2. What does Anna begin to feel towards Michael in 'Blue Notebook'?
3. Where does Ella go after her break from her boyfriend?
4. What is Ella's profession?
5. For three years, what kind of entries is there in the black notebook?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)