|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Molly ask about why they lied in 'Red Notebook'?
2. What does Anna have published in 'Black Notebook'?
(a) A journal.
(b) Her Africa novel.
(c) A diary.
(d) Her romance novel.
3. In what part of 'Black Notebook' does Anna dream?
(a) Her final entry.
(b) The middle.
(c) The second to last page.
(d) The first entry.
4. What is Paul Tanner's profession?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An actor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A comedian.
5. Whom does Ella think about when she is out of town in 'Yellow Notebook'?
6. What does Anna's meeting involve with the second company?
(a) A lunch meeting.
(b) A dinner meeting.
7. How is the structure of this book often described?
(a) Moderately easy reading.
(b) Easy reading.
8. Who offers to have an affair with Ella in 'Yellow Notebook'?
(a) Dr. West.
9. How many pages does Molly dedicate to doubts in the red notebook?
10. What does Anna have room for in her new flat?
(a) A pet.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) More food.
(d) Her notebooks.
11. What word(s) describe how Anna sees her world?
(a) Disorder and chaos.
(c) Angry and empty.
(d) Sad and empty.
12. Who is researching Quemoy?
(c) Anna and Molly.
13. How many friends of Michael's were killed by the Communist Party in 'Red Notebook'?
14. What happens when another company approaches Anna about her novel?
(a) They immediately buy the rights.
(b) They have specific guidelines that she does not meet.
(c) They love the book but don't buy it.
(d) They turn her down without meeting.
15. When Anna sees a man on the streets of London in 'Black Notebook', what does it remind her of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna write about the Communist Party in the red notebook?
2. What does Anna decide to do in 'Blue Notebook'?
3. Where is Anna's new roommate from?
4. Whom was Max married to?
5. What happens when Anna means to write about the events of the day in 'Blue Notebook'?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)