|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities is NOT something Ramon teaches Nicky to do while he is staying with him at camp?
2. What type of monkey did the Cyndex Corporation test their products on?
3. At what time of day does Sean plan to "engage the enemy"?
4. In which of the following toys does the Courtney family hide a transponder to communicate with Bella while she is in Ramon's camp?
5. What rank of the army is Ramon promoted to after Bella steals the information from Aaron Friedman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicky react to his time in Tercio?
2. Why do Garry and Sean fight in Chizora?
3. How do Nicky and Bella enjoy their time together in Tercio?
4. How does Bella react when she wakes up from being drugged in a strange hotel room?
5. Who is Aaron Friedman, and how does Bella use him in her plans to gain information for Ramon?
6. How does Elsa manage to help Shasa bait his marlin hook?
7. How does Ramon earn the rank of general in Castro's army?
8. What is Cyndex 25?
9. What causes Bella to sit up and object during her family meeting about Cyndex?
10. What is Operation Skylight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sean has been a daredevil and loved any activity that involves danger. First, describe the way Sean lived his daredevil life when he was growing up and what the effects of this life were on his relationship with his family. Then, choose at least one of Sean's daredevil activities that he explores as an adult and describe it. How do Sean's daredevil skills eventually prove to be beneficial to the unity of his family?
Essay Topic 2
When Nicky is kidnapped, Bella's relationship with Michael is strained. First, describe Michael's reaction to the news that Bella was pregnant. How did his emotions change once Nicky was born? Then, explain what lie Bella created to hide Nicky's kidnapping from her family. How did this lie affect her relationship with Michael? In the end, why did Bella have to lie to her family about Nicky's disappearance? How might her family have reacted had they known the truth?
Essay Topic 3
During the course of the novel, Bella betrays her family. First, describe the situation that led to Bella being forced to turn against her own family. What ultimatum was she given? When did Bella know, with certainty, that she had no real choice but to turn against her family? How did her act of betrayal play out? In the end, how was Bella's relationship with her family affected by her act of treason?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)