|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near which of the following rivers did Ramon set up Camp Tercio?
2. Which of the following characters kills Haile Selassie?
3. In which of the following toys does the Courtney family hide a transponder to communicate with Bella while she is in Ramon's camp?
4. For which organization does Ramon set up a base camp in Chicamba?
5. How many Ballantyne Scouts does Sean take with him for the rescue mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Benjamin Afrika?
2. What is Operation Skylight?
3. Who is Aman Andom, and what happens to him?
4. According to Shasa Courtney, how much will it cost his company to keep the country of South Africa safe for an entire year?
5. Who is Aaron Friedman, and how does Bella use him in her plans to gain information for Ramon?
6. How does Garry manage to escape from the approaching MiGs?
7. How do Sean and his men make their way to the communication hut in Camp Tercio?
8. On the day that he is to be rescued, how does Nicky greet Bella upon her arrival?
9. What message does Ramon bring to Bella when he visits her in her hotel room after her visit with Nicky?
10. Why doesn't Elsa shoot the leopard she and Shasa had been tracking for a few days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bella's life is changed forever when her son is born, and she is pulled, whole-heartedly, into Operation Red Rose. First, describe the relationship Bella has with her son when he is born. How does this relationship change when Nicky becomes involved in Operation Red Rose? Then, describe the choice Bella is given in regards to Operation Red Rose? How does her relationship with her son affect her political decisions in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Even though Bella struggles for many years to keep her spying a secret from her family and government, she is eventually found out. First, describe the ways that Bella tried to hide her motivation from her family and the repercussions for this sneaking around. Then, describe the way the truth about Bella's spying was finally revealed. What was her family's reaction when the truth came out? How did Bella feel knowing that everyone knew her secrets? What was the final effect of the spying on Bella's relationship with her family?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the text, Ramon uses various honey traps to lure in members of the Courtney family. First, write a short definition explaining succinctly the term "honey trap." Describe the honey trap that lured Bella. Then, compare Bella's honey trap to the honey trap that lured Michael. Finally, find at least one flaw in the honey trap system and explain how it could go wrong.
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)