|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Bella feel when she realizes that her family knows all her secrets?
2. What is the name of the reserve where Bella and her family hunt in South Africa every year?
3. Who saves the life of Captain Ballantyne when he falls under terrorist fire?
4. Into what type of weather does Garry fly his jet to escape from the MiGs?
5. How many feet above sea level is Victoria Falls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Elsa shoot the leopard she and Shasa had been tracking for a few days?
2. How do Nicky and Bella enjoy their time together in Tercio?
3. After her first meeting with Nicky and Ramon, what information does Ramon's Organization request from Bella?
4. How is Sean greeted by the rest of the scouts when he joins them?
5. Who is Aaron Friedman, and how does Bella use him in her plans to gain information for Ramon?
6. How does Ramon earn the rank of general in Castro's army?
7. What message does Ramon bring to Bella when he visits her in her hotel room after her visit with Nicky?
8. How does Garry manage to escape from the approaching MiGs?
9. Why do Garry and Sean fight in Chizora?
10. How does Shasa find out the truth about Bella's spying, and what is his reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Nicky is kidnapped, Bella's relationship with Michael is strained. First, describe Michael's reaction to the news that Bella was pregnant. How did his emotions change once Nicky was born? Then, explain what lie Bella created to hide Nicky's kidnapping from her family. How did this lie affect her relationship with Michael? In the end, why did Bella have to lie to her family about Nicky's disappearance? How might her family have reacted had they known the truth?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Ramon participates in various sporting events. This is a hobby that is important to understanding psychological aspects of his character. Choose two different sporting events that Ramon participates in throughout the novel. Why are these sports important to him? Then, explain how these sports can be seen as either a symbol or parallel element to his greatest game which is seducing Bella. How does Ramon's sportsmanship give the reader a deeper understanding of his skills at seduction?
Essay Topic 3
Sean and Garry have always fought for their father's attention and pride. First, describe the relationship Sean and Garry had when they were growing up and compare that to the relationship they had as adults. Then, describe how Shasa treated the boys, both personally and professionally, and explain how this unbalanced treatment led to a massive blowout between the two boys while hunting in South Africa. Finally, describe how this fight affected the way the Courtney Corporation was run.
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)