|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following sicknesses does Garry claim to have come down with so that his father will have to take Elsa on the hunt alone?
2. How many days after Bella sends off her Cyndex report is she allowed to see Nicky?
3. How many scouts does Sean join up with on the helicopter?
4. What country is Elsa Pignatelli from?
5. What number does Aaron Friedman use as the combination to his safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elsa manage to help Shasa bait his marlin hook?
2. How does Shasa react when the marlin is finally caught?
3. How does Bella react when she wakes up from being drugged in a strange hotel room?
4. What is Victoria Falls?
5. Who is Benjamin Afrika?
6. After her first meeting with Nicky and Ramon, what information does Ramon's Organization request from Bella?
7. How does Matatu help the Scouts track the terrorists?
8. How does the Courtney family organize getting ready to rescue Nicky?
9. Who is Aaron Friedman, and how does Bella use him in her plans to gain information for Ramon?
10. What is Cyndex 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During the course of the novel, Bella betrays her family. First, describe the situation that led to Bella being forced to turn against her own family. What ultimatum was she given? When did Bella know, with certainty, that she had no real choice but to turn against her family? How did her act of betrayal play out? In the end, how was Bella's relationship with her family affected by her act of treason?
Essay Topic 2
Michael's relationship with Raleigh is an extremely dangerous, criminal one. First, describe the circumstances under which Michael and Raleigh met. Then, describe how Raleigh tested Michael's trust. How did Michael fare in this first trust test? Then, describe the relationship that formed between Michael and Raleigh as the novel progressed. What outcome in Michael's life was a direct result of his relationship with Raleigh?
Essay Topic 3
Sean has been a daredevil and loved any activity that involves danger. First, describe the way Sean lived his daredevil life when he was growing up and what the effects of this life were on his relationship with his family. Then, choose at least one of Sean's daredevil activities that he explores as an adult and describe it. How do Sean's daredevil skills eventually prove to be beneficial to the unity of his family?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)