|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Clarence Van Wyk?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT present during the Courtney Corporation's first discussions about Cyndex 25?
3. What type of monkey did the Cyndex Corporation test their products on?
4. In fifteen minutes, how much time does Sean's guide earn the Scouts in their search for the terrorists?
5. Which of the Courtney family members is the only one to raise an objection to testing Cyndex on animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nicky and Bella enjoy their time together in Tercio?
2. How does Garry manage to escape from the approaching MiGs?
3. Who is Sir Clarence Van Wyk?
4. After her first meeting with Nicky and Ramon, what information does Ramon's Organization request from Bella?
5. How does Nicky react to his time in Tercio?
6. How does Shasa find out the truth about Bella's spying, and what is his reaction?
7. How does Matatu help the Scouts track the terrorists?
8. How does Shasa react when the marlin is finally caught?
9. What is Operation Skylight?
10. What is Victoria Falls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Nicky arrives to Camp Tercio, his relationship with his father takes an unexpected turn. First, describe the young boy Nicky has become in the years leading up to his stay at Camp Tercio. Then, compare the welcome Nicky receives from the soldiers at camp to the welcome he receives from his father. Finally, describe how the relationship between Nicky and Ramon begins to shift during the time Nicky is staying with him in Camp Tercio and how this changing relationship eventually affects Operation Red Rose.
Essay Topic 2
The Spanish government takes a strong stance on torture when executing Operation Red Rose. First, describe the Spanish government's stance on torture and give at least two examples from the text when this stance on torture is exercised. Then, describe how governmental torture affects Bella's life and her relationship with her family. Based on these examples, what message do you think the author is trying to give the reader about torture as a method of obtaining information from an enemy?
Essay Topic 3
Ramon struggles to gain control over the people around him, in both his business and romantic relationships. First, describe the way Ramon runs his professional life. Why does he feel as though he has no power over his own life? Do you agree with his assessment of his power? Then, compare the way Ramon runs his professional life with the way he runs his romantic life. How does he struggle to gain power in his romantic life? Is he successful in this quest? How can you tell?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)