|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella react when she sees Ramon show up at the party she is attending?
2. What does Michael learn was in the boxes that he transported to Africa for Raleigh?
3. What do the kidnappers promise Bella if she helps them with their political goals?
4. Who is hired to spy on Bella after Ramon abandons her during their romantic weekend?
5. How did Centaine feel about Garry's marriage when he first met Holly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bella leaves Nicky alone to spend a romantic weekend with Ramon in Paris?
2. What shocking situation does Bella walk in on when Ramon frantically phones for her to come meet him at his apartment?
3. How does Ramon perform at the marksmanship competition in Spain?
4. What is Operation Red Rose?
5. What gift does Ramon give to Nicky when he sees the boy at the age of three?
6. Who is Oliver Kendrick?
7. What happens at the Mick Jagger concert that could have harmed Isabella?
8. How does Centaine feel about the lives her grandchildren have chosen for themselves?
9. What video does Bella see of her son being tortured?
10. What are the first instructions Bella receives from Nicky's kidnappers, and how does she respond to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the text, Ramon uses various honey traps to lure in members of the Courtney family. First, write a short definition explaining succinctly the term "honey trap." Describe the honey trap that lured Bella. Then, compare Bella's honey trap to the honey trap that lured Michael. Finally, find at least one flaw in the honey trap system and explain how it could go wrong.
Essay Topic 2
Sean has been a daredevil and loved any activity that involves danger. First, describe the way Sean lived his daredevil life when he was growing up and what the effects of this life were on his relationship with his family. Then, choose at least one of Sean's daredevil activities that he explores as an adult and describe it. How do Sean's daredevil skills eventually prove to be beneficial to the unity of his family?
Essay Topic 3
While Bella is in a relationship with Ramon, her relationship with her family changes drastically. First, describe the relationship Bella has with her family before she meets Ramon. Then, compare that to the relationship Bella has with her family after entering a relationship with Ramon. Which member of her family does Bella remain close to? Which family member becomes more distant? Finally, explain who is responsible for the strain in Bella's relationship with her family and why.
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)