|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella react when she first hears that she is pregnant?
2. How is the meeting between Michael and Oliver Kendrick recorded?
3. How did Centaine feel about Garry's marriage when he first met Holly?
4. What does Ramon say to Bella before he sweeps her onto the dance floor at the party they are attending?
5. What type of dog does Centaine have in the competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revelation does Bella make about her brother when he comes to stay with her for the month of November?
2. How does Ramon perform at the marksmanship competition in Spain?
3. What video does Bella see of her son being tortured?
4. What happens at the Mick Jagger concert that could have harmed Isabella?
5. How does Ramon lure Isabella to him at the horse stables?
6. What happens when Bella leaves Nicky alone to spend a romantic weekend with Ramon in Paris?
7. What is Operation Red Rose?
8. Why doesn't Bella tell Michael the truth about what happened to baby Nicky?
9. What are the first instructions Bella receives from Nicky's kidnappers, and how does she respond to them?
10. Who is Adra and what jobs does she perform for Bella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sean has been a daredevil and loved any activity that involves danger. First, describe the way Sean lived his daredevil life when he was growing up and what the effects of this life were on his relationship with his family. Then, choose at least one of Sean's daredevil activities that he explores as an adult and describe it. How do Sean's daredevil skills eventually prove to be beneficial to the unity of his family?
Essay Topic 2
One of Ramon's first acts of power in the KGB is to eliminate a mass of people in Ethiopia. First, describe how Ramon earned the position that led to his control in Ethiopia. Then, describe the political climate in Ethiopia when Ramon arrived there and what events led him to believe that murdering a mass of people would lead to his own control in the country. Finally, describe the political system Ramon and his men put up in Ethiopia and what the reaction from the public was to the political changes the KGB made there.
Essay Topic 3
Various members of the Malaga community play intricate roles in Ramon's exit from the city and from Bella's life. First, describe the character of Adra. What role does she play in Bella's life while they are living together? Then, explain how Adra's role changes once Ramon decides that he is going to leave town. With whom do Adra's loyalties lie, and how does she express those loyalties? Then, choose at least one other member from the Malagian community and explained how they either helped or hindered Bella in her pursuit to find her missing son.
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)