|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What daemons do the Sibirirsk regiments have?
(b) Polar bears.
(d) Snow leopards.
2. At the Bolvangar, when Mrs. Coulter asks Lyra about the girl's disappearance in London, what story does Lyra fabricate?
(a) The police kidnapped and imprisoned her for weeks.
(b) The last thing she remembers was falling into a canal.
(c) A couple took her, and then Gobblers captured her.
(d) Lord Asriel told her she was in danger and then took her away.
3. When Lyra sees hundreds of tiny black objects up in the sky, Iorek tells her they are
(b) Anti-matter particles.
(d) Dust particles.
4. In the fight between Iorek and Iofur, Iorek is soon injured where?
(a) Right side.
(b) Lower back.
(c) Left paw.
(d) Left eye.
5. Lyra and Iorek follow Lord Asriel's sledge tracks but stop at a bridge. Why?
(a) The tracks veer off sharply to the left.
(b) A Tartar guard blocks their path.
(c) A central part of the bridge is missing.
(d) It is too small for Iorek to cross.
6. After Iorek becomes king, Lyra consults her alethiometer and discovers that Mrs. Coulter is
(a) Has captured Lee Scoresby and taken his hot air balloon.
(b) Plotting with the witches to recapture Lyra.
(c) Burning down the Bolvangar to hide the evidence.
(d) Headed to Svalgard in a zeppelin that is armed with guns.
7. When Lyra and friends sneak off during a fire drill at Bolvangar, what do they find?
(a) Hundreds of alethiometers.
(b) Caged daemons.
(c) Hiding witches.
(d) Invading polar bears.
8. After waking up and finding that Lord Asriel is gone, Lyra and a group of bears take off to
(a) Rescue Roger.
(b) Find her daemon.
(c) Retrieve her alethiometer.
(d) Rescue Iorek.
9. When Lyra and Roger meet with Lord Asriel in his elegant home atop a high crag, what does Roger tell Lyra?
(a) He is happy to be in such a comfortable house.
(b) He is afraid of Lord Asriel.
(c) He has lost his daemon.
(d) Mrs. Coulter is ten times scarier than Lord Asriel.
10. While being held captive by the bears, Lyra consults her alethiometer using light provided by
(a) The faint glow of her wristwatch.
(b) Her daemon who takes on the form of a firefly.
(c) The small opening high above her.
(d) Small clumps of glowing Dust.
11. Serafina tells Lyra that the Oblation Board is funded by the
12. At the Bolvangar, what lie does Mrs. Coulter tell Lyra about Dust?
(a) It is used to cure diseases in children.
(b) It is harvested for its mind-strengthening properties.
(c) It is evil and can infect daemons.
(d) She really does not know anything about it.
13. When Lyra finds Tony Makarios in the fish house, whom does he ask about?
(a) His daemon.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His teacher.
14. While they are talking at Lord Asriel's home in the North, Asriel tells Lyra that Dust is
(a) What makes the alethiometer work.
(b) Sacred and should not be tampered with.
(c) What gives witches their long lives.
(d) The reason for his breakup with Mrs. Coulter.
15. After the bears capture Lyra, they throw her into a
(a) Deep canyon.
(b) Slippery pit.
(c) Dark cell.
(d) Narrow crevice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who saves Lyra from being separated from her daemon?
2. When Lyra meets the bear king, she notices that he has a doll that resembles whom?
3. When the kidnappers take Lyra to the Bolvangar, who pays them?
4. At the Bolvangar, Lyra asks about the battle. She is told that it
5. When the children escape the compound, how do they attack the Tartar guards?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)