|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Serafina tells Lyra that she is in love with whom?
(a) Lord Asriel.
(b) Iorek Birnbaum.
(c) Farder Coram.
(d) Lee Scoresby.
2. What daemons do the Sibirirsk regiments have?
(b) Polar bears.
(c) Snow leopards.
3. When the children escape the compound, how do they attack the Tartar guards?
(a) Sending their daemons to ambush the guards.
(b) Calling upon Dust to overwhelm the guards.
(c) Using forks and other kitchen utensils.
(d) Throwing snowballs at their eyes.
4. What does Iofur do after noticing Iorek's injury suffered in battle?
(a) Allows him to rest a minute.
(b) Taunts him.
(c) Gets him medical attention.
(d) Defeats him.
5. While pursuing Lord Asriel, Lyra and Iorek reach a bridge where they are forced to
(a) Admit defeat.
(d) Consult the alethiometer.
6. When Lyra finds Tony Makarios in the fish house, whom does he ask about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His daemon.
7. When Lyra is taken to the canteen at the Bolvangar, whom does she see?
8. While being held by the bears, Lyra remembers that more than anything in the world, the bear king wants
(a) A daemon.
(c) A bride.
(d) An alethiometer.
9. What does Lyra place in Tony's mouth before his body is cremated?
(a) Pouch of poppy seeds.
(b) Note she wrote.
(c) Licorice piece.
(d) Gold coin.
10. While they are talking at Lord Asriel's home in the North, Asriel tells Lyra that Dust is
(a) What makes the alethiometer work.
(b) The reason for his breakup with Mrs. Coulter.
(c) Sacred and should not be tampered with.
(d) What gives witches their long lives.
11. From her hiding place in the Bolvangar, Lyra hears Mrs. Coulter talk about a new separating machine with a blade made of
(a) Manganese and titanium.
(b) Lead and copper.
(c) Gold and silver.
(d) Aluminum and cobalt.
12. When Lyra and friends sneak off during a fire drill at Bolvangar, what do they find?
(a) Invading polar bears.
(b) Hundreds of alethiometers.
(c) Caged daemons.
(d) Hiding witches.
13. What are severed children?
(a) Those whose daemons settled too early.
(b) Those who have been separated from their daemons.
(c) Those born without a daemon.
(d) Those whose daemons have abandoned them.
14. What does Mrs. Coulter determine resulted in the escape of the daemons from the Bolvangar?
(a) The daemons' cunning.
(b) A witch's spell.
(c) Sleeping guards.
(d) An outside force.
15. How is Lyra discovered when she is hiding in the Bolvangar listening to the men in the conference room?
(a) She falls through the ceiling.
(b) She sneezes.
(c) Her foot slips and makes a noise.
(d) The men's daemons find her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the daemons escape from the Bolvangar, why is the alarm not heard?
2. After Tony dies, Lyra discovers that his fish had been taken by
3. At the Bolvangar, Billy Costa tells Lyra about a hiding place in the
4. At the Bolvangar, Lyra asks about the battle. She is told that it
5. After waking up and finding that Lord Asriel is gone, Lyra and a group of bears take off to
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)