|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the cocktail party that Mrs. Coulter hosts, Lyra hears that her parents were
(a) Esteemed humanitarians.
(b) A count and countess.
(c) Ruthless dictators.
(d) A governor and governess.
2. Lee Scoresby explains to Lyra that to get to Svalbard, one would need a
(b) Hot-air balloon.
(d) Large boat.
3. In the Retiring Room, what is served after dinner to "clarify the mind and stimulate the tongue"?
4. At the Bolvangar, how do Lyra and her friend exchange information without getting caught?
(a) By passing notes.
(b) Through their daemons.
(c) Through Lyra's alethiometer.
(d) By communicating telepathically.
5. When the alethiometer tells Lyra that there is a ghost in a village near the Bolvangar, she thinks the ghost may be that of a
(b) Missing child.
(c) Guard killed in action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lord of the western Gyptians forbid his people from doing?
2. Overhearing a group of men at the cocktail party hosted by Mrs. Coulter, Lyra learns that Dust particles are attracted to
3. While being held captive by the bears, Lyra consults her alethiometer using light provided by
4. To conceal Lyra from the daemons of the police who are searching for her, the Costas hide her in their boat in a secret compartment made of what?
5. What does Mrs. Coulter determine resulted in the escape of the daemons from the Bolvangar?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)