|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faa and Coram explain to Lyra that her father had fallen in love with a
(a) Married woman.
(b) Jordan Scholar.
(c) Gyptian leader.
(d) Kitchen helper.
2. On the side of the golden compass, what does Lyra find?
(a) Four small levers.
(b) Four tiny locks.
(c) Three square buttons.
(d) Three winding wheels.
3. In Chapter 8, when Lyra sees airships in the sky, she knows that
(a) They are transporting Scholars to London.
(b) The Gyptians plan to overtake one.
(c) The search for her continues.
(d) The expedition is headed to the North.
4. When Lyra refuses Mrs. Coulter's request and insists on wearing the banned item to the cocktail party, what happens to her daemon?
(a) It gets pinned to the ground by Mrs. Coulter's daemon.
(b) It stomps off in anger.
(c) It goes crazy and attacks Mrs. Coulter.
(d) It unexpectedly grows weak and faints.
5. In the alethiometer, the serpent represents what?
Short Answer Questions
1. To prove to the Scholars that Dr. Grumman is dead, what does Lord Asriel show them?
2. Who are Barnard and Stokes?
3. The gentleman who pays for Lyra's items at the food stall offers her something she refuses. What does he offer her?
4. When the Butler and the Master enter the Retiring Room, what does the Butler pour for Lord Asriel?
5. What does Lyra call her daemon affectionately?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)