|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Colonel Carborne is the first man to do what?
(a) Decipher the magnetic nature of the North Pole.
(b) Reach the North Pole with a team of dogs.
(c) Cross the North Pole in a balloon.
(d) Find Dust at the North Pole.
2. Who take Lyra away after two men unsuccessfully try to abduct her?
(a) Three Gobblers.
(b) Three Gyptians.
(c) The police.
(d) Chimney sweeps.
3. When Lyra enters the forbidden Retiring Room, what form does her daemon take?
4. The Librarian and the Enquirer are members of the group of what?
5. Who is the king of the Gyptians?
(a) Monty Belacqua.
(b) Billy Costa.
(c) John Faa.
(d) Jaxer Kerim.
Short Answer Questions
1. While riding with the Costas in a narrow boat along the Grand Junction Canal, Lyra learns from Tony that
2. Lyra learns from Gyptian leaders that in order to use her alethiometer, she needs to do what?
3. What does Lyra call her daemon affectionately?
4. What is the name of Lyra's daemon?
5. What does the lord of the western Gyptians forbid his people from doing?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)