|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jordan College is known as the premier center for what?
(a) History of theology.
(b) Experimental theology.
(c) History of biology.
(d) Experimental biology.
2. Who take Lyra away after two men unsuccessfully try to abduct her?
(a) The police.
(b) Three Gobblers.
(c) Chimney sweeps.
(d) Three Gyptians.
3. Who are Barnard and Stokes?
(a) Renegade theologians.
(c) Renowned inventors.
4. While riding on the zeppelin with Mrs. Coulter, Lyra feels what?
(a) Hyperactive and confused.
(b) Frightened and remorseful.
(c) Sleepy and cold.
(d) Excited and glamorous.
5. On the side of the golden compass, what does Lyra find?
(a) Four tiny locks.
(b) Three square buttons.
(c) Four small levers.
(d) Three winding wheels.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lord of the western Gyptians convinces his people to collect money and gather fighters for an expedition North to do what?
2. When Faa and Coram speak to Lyra, why is she frightened at first?
3. What does Lyra call her daemon affectionately?
4. After running away from Mrs. Coulter, Lyra wanders through London before stopping at a stall to buy what?
5. In the Retiring Room, what is served after dinner to "clarify the mind and stimulate the tongue"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)