|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, where are the children escorted to after they write letters?
(a) An airship that takes them to an island.
(b) A vessel that takes them to sea.
(c) An airship that transports them to a sky port.
(d) A vessel that transports them to the tropics.
2. The person who watches Tony Makarios eat his pie asks him if he wants what?
(a) Iced tea.
3. When the stranger who buys Lyra food in the streets of London asks about her father, what does she say?
(a) She has no father.
(b) He is a saint.
(c) She misses him terribly.
(d) He is a murderer.
4. When Lyra first sits down with Faa and Coram, what do they ask her to do?
(a) Tell no one what she knows about Dust.
(b) Remain with the Gyptians until they tell her otherwise.
(c) Tell them about Mrs. Coulter and the Gobblers.
(d) Eat and rest before traveling to the North.
5. In the Retiring Room, what is Lord Asriel describing to the group seated around the table?
(a) His friendship with the Master.
(b) His exploration to the North.
(c) His position at the rectory.
(d) His theory on daemons.
Short Answer Questions
1. While looking for shelter in the streets of London, Lyra is caught by men with a
2. Ma Costa tells Lyra that the Gyptians are water people but the girl is what type of person?
3. In the Retiring Room, what is served after dinner to "clarify the mind and stimulate the tongue"?
4. Who is the king of the Gyptians?
5. Faa and Coram explain to Lyra that her father had fallen in love with a
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)