|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ying staying with Ailin?
2. Where did the man's wife have a tumor?
3. How much does land cost on Garden Road?
4. Where does Ailin remember the photographer touching her?
5. What gift did Mei's neighbor like to give her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the end result?
2. What is Sweeping Past about?
3. What pact does Ailin make?
4. What does the girl think will heal her boyfriend?
5. What is the metaphor of A House Fire?
6. Why is the woman unmarried?
7. How do the six women plan to deal with house fires?
8. How does the story end?
9. What is Number Three, Garden Road about?
10. Why does the old man approach the girl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Why does Professor Dai want her son to marry Siyu? In what way were the characters of Gold Boy, Emerald Girl happeier before?
Essay Topic 3
What is the meaning of each of the stories' titles? How much do the titles foreshadow each story?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)