|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meilan first react to the people dancing at the Twilight Club?
2. What is the name of the column that first reports on the women's business?
3. What drives the boy hero into madness?
4. What does not comfort the girl?
5. Why is Meilan considered an opportunist by her siblings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when they are approached by a man?
2. What does she suggest to him?
3. What is the effect of the promise?
4. What pact does Ailin make?
5. How does the story end?
6. What is the significance of the photographer's note on the photo?
7. What is the girl's situation?
8. Why is the woman unmarried?
9. What is the effect of the documentary?
10. What is Number Three, Garden Road about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What does the reader learn about friendship in each of the stories? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
Essay Topic 3
What is the meaning of each of the stories' titles? How much do the titles foreshadow each story?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)