|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is worse than a pig?
2. Why does Mrs. Luo not lower her voice around Fei's mother?
3. What is missing from the army supplies?
4. Where does the man agree to chat?
5. When do Fei and his mother talk the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yilan lose her daughter?
2. How does the surrogacy with Fusang work out?
3. How are Susu's actions perceived?
4. What is the effect of Fusang finding her son?
5. What is Kindness about?
6. How was Fei's upbringing?
7. How does Yilan's husband react to her request for a child?
8. How does Mrs. Jin's ego come across to the reader?
9. Why does Yilan feel powerless against Fusang?
10. What does Moyan learn from Professor Shan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are lonely in the book? How do some characters solve their problem of loneliness? Why can some characters not escape their loneliness?
Essay Topic 2
How does Inda prove her loyalty as a sister and friend in the story? What are her strengths and weaknesses as a sister and friend?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Professor Dai want her son to marry Siyu? In what way were the characters of Gold Boy, Emerald Girl happeier before?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)