|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moyan mostly feel about her infatuated students?
2. Why might Moyan not be able to have much of a life?
3. Why does Fei encourage his mother to walk?
4. What is Mrs. Jin hiding Susu from?
5. What does Mrs. Jin do twice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Susu's actions perceived?
2. What is Prison about?
3. What effect does Fei's upbringing have?
4. What was Mrs. Jin's upbringing?
5. How does Mrs. Jin use her power?
6. How does the surrogacy with Fusang work out?
7. Does Moyan trust Lieutenant Wei?
8. What irritates Teacher Fei about the girl?
9. What is Kindness about?
10. Does Yilan like this idea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the reader learn about friendship in each of the stories? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Professor Dai want her son to marry Siyu? In what way were the characters of Gold Boy, Emerald Girl happeier before?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)