|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Luo not lower her voice around Fei's mother?
2. What is life like?
3. What no longer exists in Beijing?
4. What does the man do before he sits down?
5. Why does Fei have to replace some of his father's books?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is A Man Like Him about?
2. How is Moyan treated by Lieutenant Wei?
3. How does Moyan meet Lietenaunt Wei?
4. How was Fei's upbringing?
5. How is Yilan living in a prison?
6. What irritates Teacher Fei about the girl?
7. What becomes Teacher Fei's obsession?
8. What does Moyan learn from Professor Shan?
9. How does the past influence Moyan's life?
10. How does Yilan's husband react to her request for a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the meaning of each of the stories' titles? How much do the titles foreshadow each story?
Essay Topic 2
Why do some of the characters give up on their dreams? How do they come to the realization that they have held themselves back? Which characters do not give up on their dreams and why?
Essay Topic 3
Does any character prove themselves to be honest in the book? How does their honesty, or lack of honesty affect their lives?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)