|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the smartest hare not eat?
2. Where are Mrs. Jin's shoes supposedly from?
3. What does the girl want her father to do?
4. What does the waitress ask the men?
5. What does a good drink do according to Fei?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moyan learn from Professor Shan?
2. What effect does Fei's upbringing have?
3. How does Moyan come to see her past?
4. How does Teacher Fei see his mother?
5. How is Yilan living in a prison?
6. How is Moyan treated by Lieutenant Wei?
7. What becomes Teacher Fei's obsession?
8. How does Mrs. Jin's ego come across to the reader?
9. How does the past influence Moyan's life?
10. How does Mrs. Jin use her power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the reader learn about friendship in each of the stories? Why is this such an important lesson to learn?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Chinese and American culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Moyan unable to avoid pain? What does her character say about human nature in general? How could you argue against the author's point of view?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)