|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is their pledge meant to last?
(a) Till they are all married.
(b) Until they each bear children.
(c) One hundred years.
(d) Till death.
2. What does the man offer to buy the girl?
(a) A new dress.
(c) Wonton soup.
3. Where did the six women first meet?
(a) Where they went to school.
(b) At the bank where they worked.
(c) During a house fire evacuation.
(d) At a local park.
4. What does the girl buy in the store?
(a) Wonton soup.
(b) A tourist souvenir.
(c) Shampoo and soap.
5. How successful were the women's attempts to arrange their children together?
(a) A few of them are still happily married.
(b) They were all married but are now divorced.
(c) They are all still married.
(d) None of them worked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is given to Meilan?
2. How much does land cost on Garden Road?
3. What are the pharmacy workers talking about?
4. What keeps the girl hopeful of the boy's recovery?
5. What was Mr. Chang's research institute trying to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when they are approached by a man?
2. How do the six women plan to deal with house fires?
3. What is Number Three, Garden Road about?
4. What is the metaphor of A House Fire?
5. What is the effect of the documentary?
6. What is the significance of moving home?
7. What is the end result?
8. How is Ailin made to blame by her friends?
9. What is the nature of their secrets?
10. How does the story end?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)