|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meilan have to use Mr. Chang's nickname?
(a) The police force everyone to use it.
(b) Her mother says it is more polite.
(c) Mr. Chang asks her to.
(d) Her younger sister gave him the name.
2. What happens to the photographer?
(a) He lives to a hundred.
(b) He is jailed for being a capitalist spy.
(c) He is beaten to death.
(d) He defects to Germany.
3. What plan did the women make together?
(a) To open their own school together.
(b) To swap around their grandchildren.
(c) To run away to another country.
(d) To become connected by marriage.
4. Why is Ying staying with Ailin?
(a) Ailin is taking custody of her.
(b) She is on holiday from Lisbon.
(c) Her parents want her to improve her chinese.
(d) To take care of Ailin.
5. Who generally attends the Twilight Club?
(b) The middle-aged.
(c) Old people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the most eager to find a foreign life?
2. What is the name of the column that first reports on the women's business?
3. What is Mei known for?
4. What are the pharmacy workers talking about?
5. How does Mr. Chang know that his nickname will stick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of moving home?
2. Why does the old man approach the girl?
3. What is the significance of the photographer's note on the photo?
4. What is Number Three, Garden Road about?
5. What does she suggest to him?
6. How do the six women plan to deal with house fires?
7. What is the nature of their secrets?
8. What is the effect of the documentary?
9. How is Ailin made to blame by her friends?
10. What happens when they are approached by a man?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)