|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is more important than rising early?
(a) Having the most money.
(b) Knowing a good matchmaker.
(c) How much you pray.
(d) Being there at the right time.
2. What is Mei known for?
(a) Blushing all the time.
(b) Her coy smile.
(c) Being sentimental.
(d) Being outspoken.
3. Who was the most eager to find a foreign life?
(a) Ailin's granddaughter Ying.
(b) Ailin's only son.
(c) Ailin herself.
(d) Ailin's husband.
4. Which author's books does Mrs. Mo have a full collection of?
(a) Agatha Christie.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Dean Koontz.
(d) Stephen King.
5. How did Mrs. Mo lose her husband?
(a) He was jailed for tax evasion.
(b) He died in a traffic accident.
(c) He went to work and never came back.
(d) He was seduced by a younger woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ying reprint the picture of Ailin with her sisters?
2. Why does the old man refuse to leave the bench?
3. Why is the building's facade cracked?
4. What does Meilan do when a wife tries to offend her?
5. What does not comfort the girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Souvenir about?
2. What does the girl think will heal her boyfriend?
3. What does she suggest to him?
4. What does she do next?
5. What is Number Three, Garden Road about?
6. What is the metaphor of A House Fire?
7. What connects the women?
8. Why is the woman unmarried?
9. How is Ailin made to blame by her friends?
10. What is the significance of moving home?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)