|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some of Mrs. Tang's friends envy her?
(a) Her son is successful.
(b) She has freedom.
(c) Her hair is glossy.
(d) She has great wealth.
2. Where does Ailin remember the photographer touching her?
(a) On the shoulder.
(b) On the hip.
(c) On the chin.
(d) On the back of her neck.
3. Why is the building's facade cracked?
(a) A car ran into it.
(b) It was hit by lightning.
(c) It was poorly built.
(d) There was a major earthquake.
4. What is Mr. Chang's nickname?
(a) Mr. Chopsticks.
(b) China Stout.
(c) Big Daddy.
(d) Uncle Fatty.
5. Who looks like months-old apples?
(a) Mistresses of married men.
(b) Teacher Fei.
(c) The make-up girl.
(d) Mrs. Tang.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Chang know that his nickname will stick?
2. Why is Meilan considered an opportunist by her siblings?
3. How does Meilan first react to the people dancing at the Twilight Club?
4. What saddens Ailin about Ying?
5. Who was the most eager to find a foreign life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the six women plan to deal with house fires?
2. What is the nature of their secrets?
3. Why is the woman unmarried?
4. What connects the women?
5. What does she suggest to him?
6. Why is Ailin alone?
7. What is Sweeping Past about?
8. What does she do next?
9. Why does the old man approach the girl?
10. What is the effect of the documentary?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)