|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What catches the boy off guard?
(a) Fei's lack of teeth.
(b) Fei's voyeurism.
(c) The complexity of the girl's bra.
(d) Fei raising his thumb.
2. What does the man apologize to Fei for?
(a) For his clumsiness.
(b) For attempting to leave.
(c) For being so rude earlier.
(d) For cheating on his wife.
3. What did Moyan use for a nest?
(a) An old sink.
(b) An egg carton.
(c) A small hat.
(d) A shoe box.
4. How did Fei's father kill himself?
(a) Swallowed sleeping pills.
(b) He set himself on fire.
(c) By running in front of a bus.
(d) A jump from their balcony.
5. What does a good drink do according to Fei?
(a) Wipes out all pain.
(b) Makes bad food taste better.
(c) Solves all of life's problems.
(d) Makes people seem more attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might kick Moyan out of her flat?
2. Why do people choose to hate?
3. How did Susu's husband die?
4. Where does Moyan spend her free time?
5. What was Susu born with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Jin's ego come across to the reader?
2. What is The Proprietress about?
3. How does Yilan's husband react to her request for a child?
4. What irritates Teacher Fei about the girl?
5. How did Mrs. Jin change her fortunes?
6. How is Yilan living in a prison?
7. Why is Moyan unhappy despite her best efforts to avoid pain?
8. Why does Yilan feel powerless against Fusang?
9. What was Mrs. Jin's upbringing?
10. What does Moyan learn from Professor Shan?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)