|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not comfort the girl?
(a) The stability of her job.
(b) The little things in life.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her youth.
2. How does the girl react when told she reminds men of their dead wives?
(a) She gets quite offended.
(c) Never harshly.
(d) She flinches.
3. Why does Meilan have to use Mr. Chang's nickname?
(a) Mr. Chang asks her to.
(b) Her younger sister gave him the name.
(c) Her mother says it is more polite.
(d) The police force everyone to use it.
4. What does the photographer find moving about the girls?
(a) How oblivious they are to the passing of time.
(b) Their embarrassment.
(c) Their faces.
(d) Their innocence.
5. What did Mr. Chang show Meilan for the first time?
(a) Color television.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) A man blushing.
6. Where is Mr. Chang's wife?
(a) Working overseas.
(b) Visiting her family.
(c) Sick in hospital.
(d) Rotting in prison.
7. Where did the man's wife have a tumor?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The brain.
(c) The liver.
(d) Her left breast.
8. What is Mr. Chang's nickname?
(a) Uncle Fatty.
(b) China Stout.
(c) Big Daddy.
(d) Mr. Chopsticks.
9. Who generally attends the Twilight Club?
(a) The middle-aged.
(d) Old people.
10. What is like an old house on fire?
(a) An old woman in love.
(b) An old man in love.
(c) A marriage of passion.
(d) An arranged marriage.
11. What does the girl not foresee?
(a) The late nightfall.
(b) The tenacity of a lonely man.
(c) The early sunset.
(d) The closing time of the pharmacy.
12. What does the man offer to buy the girl?
(a) Wonton soup.
(c) A new dress.
13. How does the old man relieve the girl?
(a) He apologizes for his behavior.
(b) He is suddenly rude.
(c) He leaves the store.
(d) He gives her money.
14. What are the pharmacy workers talking about?
(a) Current fashion trends.
(b) Their husband's annoying habits.
(c) Their worst customers.
(d) Their favorite customers.
15. How does Mrs. Mo seem not to fit with the group?
(a) She does not know how to dance.
(b) She is good at tennis.
(c) She looks like a film star.
(d) She was never married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the old man refuse to leave the bench?
2. What happens to the photographer?
3. How does Meilan first react to the people dancing at the Twilight Club?
4. What is the main reason the women went into business together?
5. How much does land cost on Garden Road?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)