|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drives the boy hero into madness?
(a) A history of drug abuse.
(d) Losing his business.
2. What surprises Mrs. Fan about divorce?
(a) How simple the procedure is.
(b) How complicated it is now.
(c) How cheap it is.
(d) How expensive it is.
3. What does the man offer to buy the girl?
(b) A new dress.
(d) Wonton soup.
4. How does the reprint compare to the original?
(a) It looks more modern.
(b) There is a lot more detail.
(c) The background print has been changed.
(d) It looks even older.
5. Where does Ailin remember the photographer touching her?
(a) On the back of her neck.
(b) On the shoulder.
(c) On the chin.
(d) On the hip.
6. What does Mei steal from her father's cabinet?
(a) Pork dumpings.
(c) Yam liquor.
(d) Sugar cane.
7. How did Mrs. Mo lose her husband?
(a) He died in a traffic accident.
(b) He was jailed for tax evasion.
(c) He went to work and never came back.
(d) He was seduced by a younger woman.
8. What is Ying responsible for buying?
(a) Award trophies.
(b) Tablecloths and napkins.
(c) Books and paper.
(d) Ingredients for dinner.
9. What does the photographer find moving about the girls?
(a) Their faces.
(b) Their embarrassment.
(c) Their innocence.
(d) How oblivious they are to the passing of time.
10. What used to border Garden Road?
(a) A wheat field.
(b) A rice field.
(c) A carrot farm.
(d) A sugar plantation.
11. What is Number Three, Garden Road made from?
(c) Recycled plastic.
(d) Glass panels.
12. What do the women declare war on?
(a) Enemies of the state.
(b) Love outside of marriage.
(c) Love during a marriage.
(d) Friends of their husbands.
13. Where did the man's wife have a tumor?
(a) Her left breast.
(b) The brain.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The liver.
14. Why would the old man's wife have accepted his invitation?
(a) Her favorite dish was wonton soup.
(b) She was too polite to reject an old man's request.
(c) She had always found it difficult to say no to someone.
(d) She knows it bears no ill intention.
15. How long is their pledge meant to last?
(a) Till they are all married.
(b) Till death.
(c) Until they each bear children.
(d) One hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the building's facade cracked?
2. Why does Ailin choose to marry?
3. Why does the old man refuse to leave the bench?
4. What did Mrs. Lu guard?
5. Who does the young girl remind the man of?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)