|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the headquarters of the women's business?
(a) Mrs. Lu's garage.
(b) Mrs. Mo's flat.
(c) Mrs. Guan's office.
(d) Mrs. Fan's house.
2. What does the photographer find moving about the girls?
(a) Their innocence.
(b) Their embarrassment.
(c) How oblivious they are to the passing of time.
(d) Their faces.
3. Where is Mr. Chang's wife?
(a) Rotting in prison.
(b) Visiting her family.
(c) Working overseas.
(d) Sick in hospital.
4. What do the college students hint to the man?
(a) He is intruding on their space.
(b) He has no chance with the young girl.
(c) They would like to chat with him.
(d) His breath smells.
5. Where did the man's wife have a tumor?
(a) The brain.
(b) Her left breast.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The liver.
6. What does the girl not foresee?
(a) The late nightfall.
(b) The tenacity of a lonely man.
(c) The early sunset.
(d) The closing time of the pharmacy.
7. Why is the building's facade cracked?
(a) It was hit by lightning.
(b) It was poorly built.
(c) A car ran into it.
(d) There was a major earthquake.
8. Who generally attends the Twilight Club?
(b) Old people.
(c) The middle-aged.
9. How does the girl react when told she reminds men of their dead wives?
(a) She flinches.
(b) She gets quite offended.
(d) Never harshly.
10. Why would the old man's wife have accepted his invitation?
(a) She had always found it difficult to say no to someone.
(b) Her favorite dish was wonton soup.
(c) She knows it bears no ill intention.
(d) She was too polite to reject an old man's request.
11. What happens to the photographer?
(a) He lives to a hundred.
(b) He is beaten to death.
(c) He defects to Germany.
(d) He is jailed for being a capitalist spy.
12. What is Number Three, Garden Road made from?
(a) Recycled plastic.
(d) Glass panels.
13. What keeps the girl hopeful of the boy's recovery?
(a) The tenderness of his hands.
(b) His tendency to repeat himself.
(c) His monologues on history.
(d) Her belief in miracles.
14. What part of the girl does the man find innocent?
(a) Her white dress.
(b) Her arms and ankles.
(c) Her shy smile.
(d) Her bright eyes.
15. Who looks like months-old apples?
(a) Mistresses of married men.
(b) The make-up girl.
(c) Teacher Fei.
(d) Mrs. Tang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Meilan considered an opportunist by her siblings?
2. What did Mr. Chang show Meilan for the first time?
3. How does Mrs. Mo seem not to fit with the group?
4. Which author's books does Mrs. Mo have a full collection of?
5. What is the name of the column that first reports on the women's business?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)