|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fei last do about forty years ago?
(a) Find a scorpion.
(b) Paint out of free will.
(c) Retire from work.
(d) Cursed at a woman.
2. What caused the most fury among the parents and teachers of Fei's school?
(a) Fei's promise to never give up pedophilia.
(b) Fei's reticence.
(c) Fei's refusal to take a lie detector test.
(d) Fei's bold denial.
3. What kind of blood does Fei's mother have?
(a) Reserved and peaceful.
(b) Noble and calm.
(c) Thick and juicy.
(d) Hot and passionate.
4. What does Fei discover on the Internet the next day?
(a) The hatred of the people who replied to his blog comment.
(b) No one has replied to his blog comment.
(c) His blog comment is still there.
(d) His blog comment is gone.
5. Who does life's cruelty prey on?
(a) Adopted children.
(b) The innocent.
(c) The wicked.
(d) Lifelong bachelors.
6. What no longer exists in Beijing?
(b) Respectful daughters.
(c) Faithful men.
(d) Bike lanes.
7. What would Fei's father have viewed the girl's father?
(a) Too serious a man.
(b) The only hope for Chinese philosophers.
(c) As a parasite.
(d) The type to leave work early.
8. Which animal does Fei compare the girl on the blog to?
(a) A conniving fox.
(b) A lazy mule.
(c) A dirty rat.
(d) A scorpion.
9. Where are Mrs. Jin's shoes supposedly from?
(a) Inherited from her mother.
(b) They are imported from Italy.
(c) The local discount shoe store.
(d) A present from a secret admirer.
10. What does Mrs. Jin do twice?
(a) Wipes the shelves.
(b) Dusts the corners.
(c) Closes her store.
(d) Washes the floor.
11. What does the girl try to do to her father?
(a) Seduce him.
(b) Imprison him.
(c) Sue him.
(d) Abandon him.
12. What did the man and his cousin vow when they were young?
(a) To get married.
(b) To never leave the other alone.
(c) To be buried in the same place.
(d) To always be friends.
13. What intrigued Fei about his girl student?
(a) Her absentmindedness.
(b) Her quiet face.
(c) Her shyness.
(d) Her loud mouth.
14. Where does Moyan spend her free time?
(a) At the community library.
(b) At the local park.
(c) Inside the nearby shopping mall.
(d) Inside her flat.
15. Why might Moyan not be able to have much of a life?
(a) She lacks confidence.
(b) She puts too much pressure on herself.
(c) She never forgets people.
(d) The army is always watching her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the shoes compare to the town's style?
2. What do most people assume if you don't fight against accusations?
3. What does Moyan repeatedly dream about?
4. What is Mrs. Jin proud of?
5. How does Shan like to be called?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)