|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the father in the photo?
(a) He has deep set eyes.
(b) He seems too happy.
(c) The shape of his cheekbones.
(d) He has no teeth.
2. Who is worse than a pig?
(a) The unemployed.
(b) An adulterer.
(c) The uneducated.
(d) An informant.
3. What does the waitress ask the men?
(a) If the food is ok.
(b) If they are married.
(c) If they would like another drink.
(d) To leave.
4. What is Fei's good fortune?
(a) A flawless complexion.
(b) A job as a teacher.
(c) Two pairs of parents.
(d) A full head of hair.
5. How will the townspeople reach Mrs. Jin if they need her?
(a) By knocking on her window.
(b) By knocking on her front door.
(c) By knocking on her back door.
(d) By calling her cell phone.
6. Why do people choose to hate?
(a) It is the least painful option.
(b) It is better than not feeling anything at all.
(c) It makes them stronger minded.
(d) It motivates them to live better lives.
7. Why does Mrs. Luo not lower her voice around Fei's mother?
(a) She thinks Fei's mother has dementia.
(b) Mrs. Luo is simply a rude person.
(c) Everybody believes that Fei's mother is deaf.
(d) She wants Fei's mother to hear her.
8. What are Moyan's father's hands good for?
(a) Cleaning up.
(c) Cracking eggs.
(d) Making things.
9. What is Mrs. Jin's physical condition?
(a) She is always sleepy.
(b) She is still strong and independent.
(c) She is always tired.
(d) She is frail and relies on the kindness of strangers.
10. Why does Moyan not have children?
(a) She is not married.
(b) She cannot afford to feed them.
(c) She does not like children at all.
(d) She does not have enough time to raise them how she wants.
11. What mode of transport did Moyan use to get to the camp?
(a) The army bus.
(b) She rode her bicycle.
(c) Her father drove her there.
(d) A night train.
12. What is Mrs. Jin proud of?
(a) How well she has aged.
(b) How many friends she has.
(c) Her store's success.
(d) Her son's success.
13. What is missing from the army supplies?
(a) Mess kits.
(c) Dyed green bras.
(d) Sock and underpants.
14. What is the girl's father not into?
(a) Other men.
(b) Soy sauce.
(c) Stable work.
(d) Eating out.
15. Why does Fei have to replace some of his father's books?
(a) No one reads them.
(b) They cannot be rescued.
(c) They contain false information.
(d) They are prohibited by the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What haircut did Mrs. Jin have as a child?
2. Why is it worse traveling to a funeral than a wedding?
3. What drives Carpenter Chang's wife mad?
4. How did Susu's husband die?
5. How does Shan like to be called?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)