• Moyan has recently learned that her lieutenant in the army has died.
• Moyan wonders why the death announcement was sent to her.
• Moyan recalls her first day in the army.
• Professor Shan stops Moyan and asks her to come to her apartment.
• Moyan studies Professor Shan's face and notes its beauty.
• Professor Shan criticizes Moyan for daydreaming.
• Moyan recalls hearing that Professor Shan was once married.
• Moyan finds no evidence of this in Professor Shan's apartment.
• Professor Shan tells Moyan that she is not her parents' birth child, but an orphan.
• Professor Shan tells Moyan that her parents cannot see to her education properly.
• Moyan learns that Professor Shan was also an orphan.
• Lieutenant Wei shows concern for Moyan, but Moyan resists it because she knows making friends with an officer could backfire.
• Lieutenant Wei asks about Moyan's mother, but Moyan is not sure what to...
This section contains 1,483 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)