|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would one day inherit the land Eric is to inherit from his father?
2. What is Eric doing at the beginning of The Man Child?
3. What happens while the brother plays across the street from his apartment in The Rockpile?
4. Why is John unhappy at the end of The Outing?
5. How does Peter react to his dinner dates playful action?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Roy is at the rockpile?
2. Why is John unhappy at the end of The Outing?
3. What do Peter's friends suggest he fight in Previous Condition?
4. What happens to Eric at the end of The Man Child?
5. What is Eric doing when Jamie comes up to him at the end of The Man Child?
6. Who is Sylvia?
7. What does Elizabeth instruct John to do at the end of The Rockpile?
8. In The Outing, why does Gabriel get angry and feel powerless?
9. Describe what the Grimes boys do on Saturdays.
10. Describe Ida's relationship with her husband.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thinking of The Rockpile describe and explain the element and importance of rebellion in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and discuss the significance of why the teacher in Sonny's Blues writes to his brother in prison after his daughter's death and not before.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the element of guilt in Sonny's Blues in the teacher, Sonny's friend, and the teacher's dad. What is significant about Sonny's lack of visible guilt?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)