|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to intercept Gabriel as he comes home in The Rockpile?
2. In The Rockpile, what happens after the boy is hit in the head?
3. Who did Eric's father tell Eric worked too hard?
4. How many days go by before Peter gets a visitor?
5. Who's birthday does the outing fall close to this year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Peter's friends suggest he fight in Previous Condition?
2. What is Eric doing at the beginning of The Man Child?
3. What does Elizabeth instruct John to do at the end of The Rockpile?
4. Describe what Elizabeth fears in The Rockpile.
5. Describe what the Grimes boys do on Saturdays.
6. Who is David in The Outing?
7. Why is Peter nervous?
8. Describe how Gabriel is a hypocrite.
9. What happens when Roy is at the rockpile?
10. Describe how Peter behaves at the restaurant with Ida in Previous Condition.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain what Baldwin suggests about friendship in The Man Child with Eric's father and Jamie.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss how Jesse's childhood memory from when he was 8 years old enabled a connection that murdering someone of black race will bring supreme personal desire and intimacy.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the element of guilt in Sonny's Blues in the teacher, Sonny's friend, and the teacher's dad. What is significant about Sonny's lack of visible guilt?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)