|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eric think his mother will be angry at him?
2. In The Rockpile, what happens after the boy is hit in the head?
3. What happens while the brother plays across the street from his apartment in The Rockpile?
4. Who would one day inherit the land Eric is to inherit from his father?
5. Who is crying in another room upon Gabriel's return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is John unhappy at the end of The Outing?
2. Describe what the Grimes boys do on Saturdays.
3. Describe what Previous Condition is about.
4. Why is Peter nervous?
5. Describe who Jamie is.
6. What happens when Roy is at the rockpile?
7. Describe Gabriel.
8. Describe how Gabriel is a hypocrite.
9. What happens to Eric at the end of The Man Child?
10. In The Outing, why does Gabriel get angry and feel powerless?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss how Peter's skin color is the previous condition in the story, Previous Condition.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain what Ruth from Come Out the Wilderness realizes about her relationships with the white men she has dated and why they all fail.
Essay Topic 3
Explain and discuss the significance of why the teacher in Sonny's Blues writes to his brother in prison after his daughter's death and not before.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)