|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days go by before Peter gets a visitor?
2. What does Gabriel make a point to tell John?
3. What do Peter and his date agree to do after dinner?
4. Why does John make a snide comment to Gabriel in The Outing?
5. What is Previous Conditions about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth instruct John to do at the end of The Rockpile?
2. Why does David begin to feel like a sinner?
3. What is Eric doing at the beginning of The Man Child?
4. What happens to Eric at the end of The Man Child?
5. Who is Sylvia?
6. Describe who Jamie is.
7. Describe Peter in Previous Condition.
8. What does Peter realize in Harlem?
9. What is Eric doing when Jamie comes up to him at the end of The Man Child?
10. Why will Jamie never have children, according to Eric's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss why the narrator in This Morning, This Evening So Soon fears his son's move to America. What happened to the narrator that personally makes him feel such fear for his child?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss how Jesse's childhood memory from when he was 8 years old enabled a connection that murdering someone of black race will bring supreme personal desire and intimacy.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Eric's father to his best friend, Jamie, from The Man Child.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)