|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
2. What does Paul Berlin begin doing involuntarily as he lays awake in Chapter 31?
3. What form of public execution does the Squad attend in Chapter 29?
(a) A beheading.
(b) A firing squad.
(c) A stoning.
(d) A hanging.
4. How does Cacciato finally answer Paul Berlin's plea to agree to the murder?
(a) He tells Oscar Johnson he is in.
(b) He tells Sidney Martin about the conspiracy.
(c) He lets Paul Berlin touch his hand to the grenade.
(d) He walks away into the jungle.
5. Who makes of up the phrase "The World's Greatest Lake Country?"
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Stink Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually gets Buff's helmet in Chapter 41?
2. Who does Lieutenant Corson tell Paul Berlin to look out for when the latter says he will be staying in Paris?
3. At the end of Chapter 40, Paul Berlin reasons that the root goal or the Vietnam War is to spread what?
4. What is the origin of Buff's nickname?
5. What action does each man in Third Squad perform to signify his agreement in killing Sidney Martin?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)