|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it at the end of Chapter 40?
2. What happens to Paul Berlin when he is removed from isolation at the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) His neck is shaved.
(b) He is taken to visit Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) He is beaten for information.
(d) He is given a bath.
3. Which member of Third Squad jumps off the ship and disappears at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Doc Peret.
4. What does Captain Rhallon repeatedly say he would rather be doing than legal work?
(a) Delivering mail.
(b) Hocking newspapers.
(c) Killing Kurds.
(d) Making hummus.
5. What does Third Squad give to Stink Harris as a joke in Chapter 39?
(a) Profiles in Courage.
(b) A Vietnamese phrasebook.
(c) Conscience of a Conservative.
(d) The Communist Manifesto.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what does Cacciato slip through the prison window to Paul Berlin?
2. Which of the following is not among the list of charges lodged against Third Squad?
3. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
4. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
5. Who nurses Lieutenant Corson back to health in Chapter 38?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)