|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he marches with Third Squad in Chapter 31, what does Paul Berlin plan to do in the coming weeks?
(b) Write a letter to his father.
(c) Learn to act like them.
(d) Learn to get by on two hours of sleep.
2. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
(a) Play soccer.
(b) Sing folk songs.
(c) Shoot Coke cans.
(d) Shoot craps.
3. Which of the following is not among the lessons Paul Berlin enumerates in Chapter 42?
(a) Keep your head down.
(b) You hear the shot that gets you.
(c) It hurts get shot.
(d) Dead men are heavy.
4. What clothing accessory does Paul Berlin recall vividly about a young,crying Vietnamese girl in Chapter 39?
(a) Cracked glasses.
(b) A headband.
(c) A Mickey Mouse watch.
(d) Hoop earrings.
5. What action does each man in Third Squad perform to signify his agreement in killing Sidney Martin?
(b) Touch Oscar Johnson's grenade.
(c) Raise his hand.
(d) Hand a bullet to Oscar Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving for Vietnam, Berlin's father tells him to keep an eye out for what?
2. Who discovers Buff's body in Chapter 41?
3. Who eventually gets Buff's helmet in Chapter 41?
4. How does Cacciato finally answer Paul Berlin's plea to agree to the murder?
5. What did Paul Berlin consider majoring in when he thought of attending the University of Iowa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Captain Rhallon.
2. Describe Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin's debate in Chapter 44.
3. What implied ultimatum does Sarkin Aung Wan make to Paul Berlin in Chapter 43?
4. What news does Captain Rhallon bring Third Squad at the end of Chapter 33?
5. Describe Cacciato in Chapter 31.
6. Why does Third Squad intensify its search for Cacciato in Chapter 44?
7. What lesson does Oscar Johnson declare should be learned from Buff's death?
8. In Chapter 31, what haunting event happens to Paul Berlin on his first day in the mountains?
9. How does Doc Peret get Third Squad out of trouble with Iranian authorities in Chapter 29?
10. Describe the girl from California in Chapter 40.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)