|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lieutenant Corson tell Paul Berlin to look out for when the latter says he will be staying in Paris?
(b) Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
2. How long is Paul Berlin held in isolation after being arrested by the Iranian authorities?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
3. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
4. What season is it at the end of Chapter 40?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
(a) Pee in a paddy.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Write a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul Berlin surprised to still see in French countryside?
2. Who nurses Lieutenant Corson back to health in Chapter 38?
3. At the end of Chapter 29, Sarkin Aung Wan repeatedly berates Paul Berlin for what reason?
4. What principality is Third Squad in at the beginning of Chapter 43?
5. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stink Harris jump off the ship at the end of Chapter 38?
2. What does Buff's body look like when Cacciato finds it in Chapter 41?
3. Why does the Squad occasionally march down trails likely to be booby trapped?
4. Describe Cacciato in Chapter 31.
5. What news does Captain Rhallon bring Third Squad at the end of Chapter 33?
6. How does Third Squad manage to depart the ocean liner at the beginning of Chapter 40?
7. Describe the girl from California in Chapter 40.
8. How does Third Squad determine happens to Buff's big gun?
9. Why does Cacciato require convincing regarding the Martin murder?
10. Describe Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin's debate in Chapter 44.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)