|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Third Squad jumps off the ship and disappears at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
2. What is Paul Berlin surprised to still see in French countryside?
(b) German trenches.
(c) World War II damage.
(d) Viet Cong.
3. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
(b) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
(d) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
4. What does Third Squad give to Stink Harris as a joke in Chapter 39?
(a) Profiles in Courage.
(b) The Communist Manifesto.
(c) A Vietnamese phrasebook.
(d) Conscience of a Conservative.
5. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) Fights with her father.
(c) Her two year of college.
(d) Her last relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nurses Lieutenant Corson back to health in Chapter 38?
2. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
3. Who eventually gets Buff's helmet in Chapter 41?
4. Who makes of up the phrase "The World's Greatest Lake Country?"
5. In Chapter 36, what does Cacciato slip through the prison window to Paul Berlin?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)