|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 44, what does Sarkin Aung Wan state at the beginning of her speech she is pleading for?
(b) Cessation of war.
2. What clothing accessory does Paul Berlin recall vividly about a young,crying Vietnamese girl in Chapter 39?
(a) Hoop earrings.
(b) A Mickey Mouse watch.
(c) Cracked glasses.
(d) A headband.
3. Which member of Third Squad always daydreams abut what he'd do with a million dollars?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Stink Harris.
4. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
(a) Fights with her father.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) Her last relationship.
(d) Her two year of college.
5. What are the men entering at the very end of Chapter 41?
(a) The thick brush.
(b) A scorched trail.
(c) A paddy.
(d) A burning village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes of up the phrase "The World's Greatest Lake Country?"
2. Which of the following is not among the lessons Paul Berlin enumerates in Chapter 42?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
4. In what country is the liner docked when it is searched by police in this chapter?
5. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Doc Peret have to admit to the Cacciato chase in Chapter 33?
2. How does Third Squad determine happens to Buff's big gun?
3. What does Buff's body look like when Cacciato finds it in Chapter 41?
4. How does Doc Peret get Third Squad out of trouble with Iranian authorities in Chapter 29?
5. How does Paul Berlin plan plan to cope with his fears in Chapter 31?
6. How does Third Squad manage to depart the ocean liner at the beginning of Chapter 40?
7. In Chapter 31, what haunting event happens to Paul Berlin on his first day in the mountains?
8. Describe Captain Rhallon.
9. Why does the Squad occasionally march down trails likely to be booby trapped?
10. How does Third Squad gain control of the VW van?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)