|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually gets Buff's helmet in Chapter 41?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Harold Murphy.
2. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
(a) Shoot Coke cans.
(b) Sing folk songs.
(c) Shoot craps.
(d) Play soccer.
3. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
(a) Piss and vinegar.
(c) Ill will.
4. Cacciato tells Paul Berlin that the way to Paris is simple after one passes what city?
5. What is Cacciato doing while the other men vote to murder Sidney Martin?
(a) Relieving himself.
(b) Searching the VC tunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paul Berlin consider majoring in when he thought of attending the University of Iowa?
2. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
3. Who discovers Buff's body in Chapter 41?
4. What time is it at the end of Chapter 42?
5. According to Paul Berlin in Chapter 37, where are most booby traps located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc Peret get Third Squad out of trouble with Iranian authorities in Chapter 29?
2. Describe Cacciato in Chapter 31.
3. Why does Doc Peret have to admit to the Cacciato chase in Chapter 33?
4. Describe the hypothetical conversation Paul Berlin imagines with the young girl in hoop earrings.
5. Describe Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin's debate in Chapter 44.
6. What does Paul Berlin rationalize is the essential purpose of the Vietnam War at the end of Chapter 40?
7. How does Paul Berlin characterize the true war stories he has in Chapter 42?
8. How does Paul Berlin feel about death in Chapter 32?
9. What does Buff's body look like when Cacciato finds it in Chapter 41?
10. Why does the Squad occasionally march down trails likely to be booby trapped?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)