|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Third Squad determine it has to bring Cacciato to avoid being labeled deserters?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) A US military base in Germany.
(c) Combat headquarters in Saigon.
(d) The US embassy in Paris.
2. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
(b) Ill will.
(d) Piss and vinegar.
3. Cacciato tells Paul Berlin that the way to Paris is simple after one passes what city?
4. Who eventually gets Buff's helmet in Chapter 41?
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Harold Murphy.
5. What is Cacciato doing while the other men vote to murder Sidney Martin?
(a) Relieving himself.
(c) Searching the VC tunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
2. What type of tree is Paul Berlin surprised to notice in Chapter 41?
3. At the end of Chapter 44, what does Sarkin Aung Wan state at the beginning of her speech she is pleading for?
4. What does Paul Berlin joke is also paying rent in the apartment he and Sarkin Aung Wan take?
5. What happens to Paul Berlin when he is removed from isolation at the beginning of Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Third Squad escape execution in Chapter 36?
2. In Chapter 31, what haunting event happens to Paul Berlin on his first day in the mountains?
3. How does Paul Berlin plan plan to cope with his fears in Chapter 31?
4. Describe the hypothetical conversation Paul Berlin imagines with the young girl in hoop earrings.
5. How does Lieutenant Martin precipitate his own murder in Chapter 34?
6. Describe Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin's debate in Chapter 44.
7. How does Third Squad manage to depart the ocean liner at the beginning of Chapter 40?
8. What implied ultimatum does Sarkin Aung Wan make to Paul Berlin in Chapter 43?
9. Why does Stink Harris jump off the ship at the end of Chapter 38?
10. Describe the girl from California in Chapter 40.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)