|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
(a) Reload his rifle.
(b) Hack away foliage.
(c) Open a can of peaches.
(d) Pull on his boot.
2. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
(a) They fought poorly.
(b) Thye lacked the materials to win.
(c) They did not have right on their side.
(d) They did not want to win.
3. At the end of Chapter 40, Paul Berlin reasons that the root goal or the Vietnam War is to spread what?
4. Before leaving for Vietnam, Berlin's father tells him to keep an eye out for what?
(a) A reason to stay alive.
(c) The enemy.
(d) Good stuff.
5. What item does Paul Berlin borrow from the sleeping Eddie in Chapter 30?
(a) Peach rations.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A scope.
(d) A helmet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Doc Peret in Chapter 29, what is the root of Lieutenant Corson's illness?
2. What does Paul Berlin joke is also paying rent in the apartment he and Sarkin Aung Wan take?
3. How long is Paul Berlin held in isolation after being arrested by the Iranian authorities?
4. How does Cacciato characterize the death of Sidney Martin in Chapter 36?
5. To whom does Oscar Johnson offer the big gun before giving it to Harold Murphy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul Berlin characterize the true war stories he has in Chapter 42?
2. How does Doc Peret get Third Squad out of trouble with Iranian authorities in Chapter 29?
3. How does Third Squad determine happens to Buff's big gun?
4. How does Third Squad manage to depart the ocean liner at the beginning of Chapter 40?
5. How does Third Squad gain control of the VW van?
6. Describe the girl from California in Chapter 40.
7. Describe Cacciato in Chapter 31.
8. Why does Doc Peret have to admit to the Cacciato chase in Chapter 33?
9. Why does the Squad occasionally march down trails likely to be booby trapped?
10. What public event does Third Squad witness in Chapter 29?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)