|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what word does Paul Berlin describe Billy Boy Watkins' death in Chapter 32?
2. According to Doc Peret in Chapter 29, what is the root of Lieutenant Corson's illness?
3. Which two people stay in the apartment in Chapter 44, refusing to search for Cacciato?
(a) Doc Peret and Paul Berlin.
(b) Paul Berlin and Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) Doc Peret and Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Lieutenant Corson and Sarkin Aung Wan.
4. What cause of death does Doc Peret give for Billy Boy Watkins?
(a) Blood loss.
(c) Heart attack.
5. What famous military leader dies in Chapter 43?
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) George S. Patton.
(c) Charles de Gaulle.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cacciato characterize the death of Sidney Martin in Chapter 36?
2. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
3. Which member of Third Squad jumps off the ship and disappears at the end of Chapter 38?
4. At the end of Chapter 33, what does the brutal Iranian officer force Third Squad to call themselves?
5. After New Years Day in Chapter 29, what year is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buff's body look like when Cacciato finds it in Chapter 41?
2. What implied ultimatum does Sarkin Aung Wan make to Paul Berlin in Chapter 43?
3. Why does Third Squad intensify its search for Cacciato in Chapter 44?
4. Why does the Squad occasionally march down trails likely to be booby trapped?
5. How does Lieutenant Martin precipitate his own murder in Chapter 34?
6. How does Paul Berlin feel about death in Chapter 32?
7. What argument does Captain Rhallon make in Chapter 29 regarding the importance of a well-respected mission in War?
8. How does Doc Peret get Third Squad out of trouble with Iranian authorities in Chapter 29?
9. Describe Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin's debate in Chapter 44.
10. How does Third Squad determine happens to Buff's big gun?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)