|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what movie player of villains does Stink Harris compare the executed man?
(a) Peter Lorre.
(b) Sidney Greenstreet.
(c) Richard Widmark.
(d) Boris Karloff.
2. What time is it at the end of Chapter 42?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 6:00 a.m.
3. Which of the following is not among the lessons Paul Berlin enumerates in Chapter 42?
(a) Keep your head down.
(b) You hear the shot that gets you.
(c) It hurts get shot.
(d) Dead men are heavy.
4. What does the boy in Chapter 31 do involuntarily from time to time?
(b) Do situps.
(c) Fiddle with his rifle.
5. How does Cacciato finally answer Paul Berlin's plea to agree to the murder?
(a) He lets Paul Berlin touch his hand to the grenade.
(b) He tells Oscar Johnson he is in.
(c) He tells Sidney Martin about the conspiracy.
(d) He walks away into the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it in Chapter 32?
2. What part of Buff's body does Doc Peret refuse to collect?
3. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
4. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
5. Who discovers Buff's body in Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lieutenant Martin precipitate his own murder in Chapter 34?
2. Why does Stink Harris jump off the ship at the end of Chapter 38?
3. What lesson does Oscar Johnson declare should be learned from Buff's death?
4. How does Third Squad escape execution in Chapter 36?
5. What news does Captain Rhallon bring Third Squad at the end of Chapter 33?
6. Why does Third Squad intensify its search for Cacciato in Chapter 44?
7. What argument does Captain Rhallon make in Chapter 29 regarding the importance of a well-respected mission in War?
8. How does Third Squad determine happens to Buff's big gun?
9. Describe the hypothetical conversation Paul Berlin imagines with the young girl in hoop earrings.
10. How does Paul Berlin feel about death in Chapter 32?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)