|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the girl say she has contacts that can help the soldiers escape military duty?
2. What action does each man in Third Squad perform to signify his agreement in killing Sidney Martin?
(a) Hand a bullet to Oscar Johnson.
(b) Touch Oscar Johnson's grenade.
(c) Raise his hand.
3. What time is it at the end of Chapter 42?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 6:00 a.m.
4. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(a) Harold Murphy.
(b) Eddie Lazzuti.
(c) Stink Harris.
5. What item does Paul Berlin borrow from the sleeping Eddie in Chapter 30?
(a) A helmet.
(b) Peach rations.
(c) A scope.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two people stay in the apartment in Chapter 44, refusing to search for Cacciato?
2. Which of the following is not among the lessons Paul Berlin enumerates in Chapter 42?
3. What are the men entering at the very end of Chapter 41?
4. In Chapter 43, what does Sarkin Aung Wan say Paul Berlin has to do to prove his love?
5. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stink Harris jump off the ship at the end of Chapter 38?
2. What does Buff's body look like when Cacciato finds it in Chapter 41?
3. How does Third Squad determine happens to Buff's big gun?
4. Why does Doc Peret have to admit to the Cacciato chase in Chapter 33?
5. What news does Captain Rhallon bring Third Squad at the end of Chapter 33?
6. How does Paul Berlin characterize the true war stories he has in Chapter 42?
7. How does Paul Berlin plan plan to cope with his fears in Chapter 31?
8. What argument does Captain Rhallon make in Chapter 29 regarding the importance of a well-respected mission in War?
9. What lesson does Oscar Johnson declare should be learned from Buff's death?
10. What implied ultimatum does Sarkin Aung Wan make to Paul Berlin in Chapter 43?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)