|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cause of death does Doc Peret give for Billy Boy Watkins?
(a) Heart attack.
(d) Blood loss.
2. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(a) Stink Harris.
(c) Eddie Lazzuti.
(d) Harold Murphy.
3. At the end of Chapter 29, Sarkin Aung Wan repeatedly berates Paul Berlin for what reason?
(a) He will not make love to her.
(b) He has deserted the war.
(c) He will not leave the Squad.
(d) He is drunk.
4. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
(a) Write their names in a notebook.
(b) Punch Oscar Johnson.
(c) Take half their rations.
(d) Force them to march nearly twice the normal distance.
5. At the end of Chapter 44, what does Sarkin Aung Wan state at the beginning of her speech she is pleading for?
(b) Cessation of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What principality is Third Squad in at the beginning of Chapter 43?
2. What is Paul Berlin surprised to still see in French countryside?
3. Why does the earths start shaking in Chapter 41?
4. What time is it at the end of Chapter 42?
5. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Captain Rhallon.
2. Why does the Squad occasionally march down trails likely to be booby trapped?
3. What implied ultimatum does Sarkin Aung Wan make to Paul Berlin in Chapter 43?
4. What news does Captain Rhallon bring Third Squad at the end of Chapter 33?
5. Why does Cacciato require convincing regarding the Martin murder?
6. How does Third Squad determine happens to Buff's big gun?
7. Why does Doc Peret have to admit to the Cacciato chase in Chapter 33?
8. Describe the hypothetical conversation Paul Berlin imagines with the young girl in hoop earrings.
9. Why does Stink Harris jump off the ship at the end of Chapter 38?
10. What does Buff's body look like when Cacciato finds it in Chapter 41?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)