|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Eddie Lazzuti.
2. According to Doc Peret in Chapter 29, what is the root of Lieutenant Corson's illness?
3. What type of tree is Paul Berlin surprised to notice in Chapter 41?
(a) An oak.
(b) A willow.
(c) A fern.
(d) A eucalyptus.
4. What does Paul Berlin begin doing involuntarily as he lays awake in Chapter 31?
5. What principality is Third Squad in at the beginning of Chapter 43?
(b) Vatican City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
2. What does the boy in Chapter 31 do involuntarily from time to time?
3. Which member of Third Squad always daydreams abut what he'd do with a million dollars?
4. According to the major at Paul Berlin's promotion review, why are they fighting in Vietnam?
5. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buff's body look like when Cacciato finds it in Chapter 41?
2. Describe Captain Rhallon.
3. What lesson does Oscar Johnson declare should be learned from Buff's death?
4. How does Paul Berlin characterize the true war stories he has in Chapter 42?
5. How does Paul Berlin plan plan to cope with his fears in Chapter 31?
6. How does Third Squad escape execution in Chapter 36?
7. What public event does Third Squad witness in Chapter 29?
8. Describe the girl from California in Chapter 40.
9. Why does Cacciato require convincing regarding the Martin murder?
10. Why does the Squad occasionally march down trails likely to be booby trapped?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)