|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in his arrival, Paul Berlin is warned by another soldier not to do what in regarding a paddy?
(a) Pee in it.
(b) Drink from it.
(c) Wade in it.
(d) Bathe in it.
2. What time is it at the end of Chapter 42?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 5:00 a.m.
3. Cacciato tells Paul Berlin that the way to Paris is simple after one passes what city?
4. According to Oscar Johnson, what is the only lesson to be learned from Buff's death?
(a) Don't be stupid.
(b) Don't get shot.
(c) Don't ask for trouble.
(d) Be lucky.
5. In Chapter 39, Paul Berlin acknowledges that he went to war because he believes in what?
(d) The Mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
2. According to the major at Paul Berlin's promotion review, why are they fighting in Vietnam?
3. Which of the following is not among the lessons Paul Berlin enumerates in Chapter 42?
4. What does Paul Berlin joke is also paying rent in the apartment he and Sarkin Aung Wan take?
5. Where does Third Squad determine it has to bring Cacciato to avoid being labeled deserters?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)