|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the liner docked when it is searched by police in this chapter?
2. Early in his arrival, Paul Berlin is warned by another soldier not to do what in regarding a paddy?
(a) Bathe in it.
(b) Drink from it.
(c) Pee in it.
(d) Wade in it.
3. As he marches with Third Squad in Chapter 31, what does Paul Berlin plan to do in the coming weeks?
(a) Learn to get by on two hours of sleep.
(c) Write a letter to his father.
(d) Learn to act like them.
4. In Chapter 43, what does Sarkin Aung Wan say Paul Berlin has to do to prove his love?
(a) Renounce his US citizenship.
(b) Kill Oscar Johnson.
(c) Get an apartment in Paris.
(d) Marry her.
5. What principality is Third Squad in at the beginning of Chapter 43?
(a) Vatican City.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what movie player of villains does Stink Harris compare the executed man?
2. Why does the earths start shaking in Chapter 41?
3. In Chapter 45, what does Paul Berlin recall is the last word he ever said to Cacciato?
4. What is Cacciato doing while the other men vote to murder Sidney Martin?
5. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the hypothetical conversation Paul Berlin imagines with the young girl in hoop earrings.
2. Describe Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin's debate in Chapter 44.
3. Why does Cacciato require convincing regarding the Martin murder?
4. Why does Third Squad intensify its search for Cacciato in Chapter 44?
5. What lesson does Oscar Johnson declare should be learned from Buff's death?
6. How does Lieutenant Martin precipitate his own murder in Chapter 34?
7. Describe Captain Rhallon.
8. Why does Stink Harris jump off the ship at the end of Chapter 38?
9. How does Paul Berlin characterize the true war stories he has in Chapter 42?
10. What does Paul Berlin rationalize is the essential purpose of the Vietnam War at the end of Chapter 40?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)