Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(b) Shooting craps.
(c) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(d) Playing basketball.
2. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(d) Dog tags.
3. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
(c) St. Germaine.
4. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
(a) Puddles of blood.
(d) Mass graves.
5. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(a) Spec Four.
(c) GI Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
2. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
3. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
4. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
5. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument does Captain Rhallon make in Chapter 29 regarding the importance of a well-respected mission in War?
2. Describe Lieutenant Corson.
3. Why does Paul Berlin feel guilty for Frenchie Tucker and Bernie Lynn's deaths?
4. In Chapter 31, what haunting event happens to Paul Berlin on his first day in the mountains?
5. How does Lieutenant Martin precipitate his own murder in Chapter 34?
6. What lesson does Oscar Johnson declare should be learned from Buff's death?
7. How does Sidney Martin aggravate Third Squad in Chapter 25?
8. How does Third Squad gain control of the VW van?
9. How does Doc Peret get Third Squad out of trouble with Iranian authorities in Chapter 29?
10. What finally prods Third Squad to consider killing Sidney Martin?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)