|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
(d) French Fries.
2. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
(d) St. Louis.
3. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A deafening roar.
(b) A vacuum.
(c) A spa.
(d) An oasis.
4. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
5. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
(b) Eddie Lazzutti.
(c) Harold Murphy.
(d) Stick Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
2. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
3. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
4. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sidney Martin aggravate Third Squad in Chapter 25?
2. Describe Lieutenant Corson.
3. How do two men from Third Squad die in Chapter 9?
4. How does Paul Berlin succeed in keeping Sarkin Aung Wan with Third Squad?
5. What are Sidney Martin's values regarding war as described in Chapter 25?
6. What surprise announcement does the Lieutenant make to Third Squad in Chapter 26?
7. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
8. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
9. Why can the Mayor of Ovissil not read Paul Berlin's history?
10. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)