|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
(a) A cat.
(b) A snake.
(c) An iguana.
(d) A chicken.
2. What is Lieutenant Martin's primary concern in Vietnam?
(a) The mission.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His own safety.
(d) The men.
3. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
(a) French Fries.
4. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) Fuck you.
(c) Bye bye.
(d) Kill it.
5. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
(b) Walking wounded.
(d) Sunday civilian.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
2. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
3. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
5. Who falls in love in Delhi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
2. How does the Squad figure out that they are on the same train that Cacciato took?
3. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
4. Why do living circumstances become awkward for Third Squad in Delhi?
5. What news does Doc Peret deliver to Lieutenant Corson at the beginning of the novel?
6. What finally prods Third Squad to consider killing Sidney Martin?
7. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
8. Why can the Mayor of Ovissil not read Paul Berlin's history?
9. Describe Lieutenant Corson.
10. What plans does Paul Berlin make for his return home in Chapter 5?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)