|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(a) Dog tags.
2. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Sidney Martin.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
3. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
4. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
5. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
2. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
3. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
4. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
5. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
2. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
3. Why does Paul Berlin feel guilty for Frenchie Tucker and Bernie Lynn's deaths?
4. What does Paul Berlin hope regarding Cacciato?
5. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
6. Why does Third Squad need to leave Delhi in Chapter 26?
7. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
8. How does Cacciato toy with the Third Squad in this chapter?
9. Why do living circumstances become awkward for Third Squad in Delhi?
10. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)