|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
(c) His family.
(d) The number of days he has left in Vietnam.
2. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
(a) An old land mine.
(b) A smoke grenade.
(c) A frag grenade.
(d) A sterno container.
3. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) A dried buffalo bone.
(b) A long branch.
(c) His rifle.
(d) A flagpole.
4. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(b) Spec Four.
(d) GI Joe.
5. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A half-burnt map.
(d) A set of dog-tags.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
3. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
4. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
5. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise announcement does the Lieutenant make to Third Squad in Chapter 26?
2. Why can the Mayor of Ovissil not read Paul Berlin's history?
3. What does Paul Berlin hope regarding Cacciato?
4. What difficulty arises when Lieutenant Corson tries to leave Li Van Hgoc's tunnel in Chapter 15?
5. How does Cacciato toy with the Third Squad in this chapter?
6. Why does the Squad take a vote on whether to continue pursuing Cacciato in Chapter 3?
7. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
8. Why do living circumstances become awkward for Third Squad in Delhi?
9. How does Paul Berlin succeed in keeping Sarkin Aung Wan with Third Squad?
10. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)