|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Eddie Lazzuti.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
2. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
(a) He fires on them.
(b) He lights his own smoke grenade.
(c) He waves at them.
(d) He speads up his pace.
3. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(c) Stick Harris.
(d) Harold Murphy.
4. What does Paul Berlin end up saying to his parents over the MARS system?
(a) Nothing. They do not pick up.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He is never scared.
(d) The war is over.
5. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
(a) By train.
(b) By rickshaw.
(c) By car.
(d) By bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
2. What is Lieutenant Martin's primary concern in Vietnam?
3. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
4. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
5. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
2. In what state is Pederson on the day he dies?
3. Why does Paul Berlin feel guilty for Frenchie Tucker and Bernie Lynn's deaths?
4. What surprise announcement does the Lieutenant make to Third Squad in Chapter 26?
5. Describe Lieutenant Corson.
6. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
7. What does Paul Berlin hope regarding Cacciato?
8. What difficulty arises when Lieutenant Corson tries to leave Li Van Hgoc's tunnel in Chapter 15?
9. Why can the Mayor of Ovissil not read Paul Berlin's history?
10. What decision does Paul Berlin make at the observation tower in Chapter 8?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)