|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
(a) His family.
(d) The number of days he has left in Vietnam.
2. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
(a) Stringing beans.
3. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
(a) Bye bye.
(b) Kill it.
(c) I'm sorry.
(d) Fuck you.
4. Who first informs the Lieutenant that Cacciato has gone AWOL?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Harold Murphy.
(d) Doc Peret.
5. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
2. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
3. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
4. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
5. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
2. Describe Lieutenant Corson.
3. What does Paul Berlin hope regarding Cacciato?
4. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
5. How does the Squad figure out that they are on the same train that Cacciato took?
6. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
7. What decision does Paul Berlin make at the observation tower in Chapter 8?
8. What surprise announcement does the Lieutenant make to Third Squad in Chapter 26?
9. How does Paul Berlin succeed in keeping Sarkin Aung Wan with Third Squad?
10. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)