|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
2. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Sidney Martin.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti
(d) Doc Peret.
3. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
(b) Stringing beans.
4. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They have been kidnapped.
(b) They will all die soon.
(c) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
(d) They are never returning to Vietnam.
5. How does Third Squad get Lieutenant Corson out of Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) They knock him out and drive him out of town.
(b) They carry him to a train while he's passed out drunk.
(c) They fake an ambush on Jolly Chand's lodging.
(d) They threaten him with a court martial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
2. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
3. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
4. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
5. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cacciato toy with the Third Squad in this chapter?
2. How does the Squad figure out that they are on the same train that Cacciato took?
3. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
4. How does Third Squad end up on a cart with three Vietnamese women in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Third Squad need to leave Delhi in Chapter 26?
6. How do two men from Third Squad die in Chapter 9?
7. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
8. Why does the Squad take a vote on whether to continue pursuing Cacciato in Chapter 3?
9. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
10. Why can the Mayor of Ovissil not read Paul Berlin's history?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)