|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls in love in Delhi?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Doc Peret.
2. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) A long branch.
(b) A flagpole.
(c) His rifle.
(d) A dried buffalo bone.
3. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) His own.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
4. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Eddie Lazzuti.
5. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A spa.
(b) A deafening roar.
(c) A vacuum.
(d) An oasis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
2. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
3. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
5. What official houses Third Squad at their destination in of Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
2. How does Paul Berlin succeed in keeping Sarkin Aung Wan with Third Squad?
3. What plans does Paul Berlin make for his return home in Chapter 5?
4. What news does Doc Peret deliver to Lieutenant Corson at the beginning of the novel?
5. In what state is Pederson on the day he dies?
6. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
7. What surprise announcement does the Lieutenant make to Third Squad in Chapter 26?
8. How does Cacciato toy with the Third Squad in this chapter?
9. How does Sidney Martin aggravate Third Squad in Chapter 25?
10. How does Third Squad end up on a cart with three Vietnamese women in Chapter 6?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)