|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will not fight well.
(b) He does not believe in the War.
(c) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(d) He is a writer at heart.
2. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
(b) French Fries.
3. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
4. Who falls in love in Delhi?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
5. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
(a) Li Van Hgoc.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
2. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
3. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
4. In what American city did Jolly Chand live for a period?
5. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Doc Peret deliver to Lieutenant Corson at the beginning of the novel?
2. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
3. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
4. What plans does Paul Berlin make for his return home in Chapter 5?
5. What difficulty arises when Lieutenant Corson tries to leave Li Van Hgoc's tunnel in Chapter 15?
6. How does the Squad figure out that they are on the same train that Cacciato took?
7. How does Third Squad end up on a cart with three Vietnamese women in Chapter 6?
8. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
9. Why can the Mayor of Ovissil not read Paul Berlin's history?
10. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)