|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Sidney Martin.
2. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(b) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(c) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(d) The Viet Cong capture them.
3. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 13 years.
4. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
5. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
(c) Walking wounded.
(d) Sunday civilian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
2. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
3. What is the next location on Third Squad's journey after Delhi?
4. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
5. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
2. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
3. In what state is Pederson on the day he dies?
4. How does Sidney Martin aggravate Third Squad in Chapter 25?
5. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
6. Why does Third Squad need to leave Delhi in Chapter 26?
7. Why does Paul Berlin feel guilty for Frenchie Tucker and Bernie Lynn's deaths?
8. What finally prods Third Squad to consider killing Sidney Martin?
9. How does Cacciato toy with the Third Squad in this chapter?
10. Why does the Squad take a vote on whether to continue pursuing Cacciato in Chapter 3?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)