|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
(a) Kill it.
(b) I'm sorry.
(c) Fuck you.
(d) Bye bye.
2. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
3. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
(a) A snake.
(b) An iguana.
(c) A cat.
(d) A chicken.
4. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
(a) It has taken him away from death.
(b) It will let him see the world.
(c) It will be a great war story.
(d) It has brought the squad together.
5. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
(a) Stink cannot get his arms all the way around Cacciato.
(b) Cacciato punches him in the groin.
(c) Cacciato bites him.
(d) Cacciato is sweaty and slick.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
2. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
3. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
4. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
5. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state is Pederson on the day he dies?
2. Describe Lieutenant Corson.
3. How does Sidney Martin aggravate Third Squad in Chapter 25?
4. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
5. Why do living circumstances become awkward for Third Squad in Delhi?
6. How does Third Squad end up on a cart with three Vietnamese women in Chapter 6?
7. What surprise announcement does the Lieutenant make to Third Squad in Chapter 26?
8. Why does Paul Berlin feel guilty for Frenchie Tucker and Bernie Lynn's deaths?
9. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
10. How does Cacciato toy with the Third Squad in this chapter?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)