|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(b) Frenchie Tucker.
(c) Billy Boy Watkins.
(d) Ready Mix.
2. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(a) His own.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Stink Harris.
3. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
(b) The number of days he has left in Vietnam.
(d) His family.
4. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
(b) Water buffalo.
5. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
(b) Puddles of blood.
(d) Mass graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
2. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
3. What is Lieutenant Martin's primary concern in Vietnam?
4. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
5. In what American city did Jolly Chand live for a period?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
2. In what state is Pederson on the day he dies?
3. Describe Lieutenant Corson.
4. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
5. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
6. What finally prods Third Squad to consider killing Sidney Martin?
7. What difficulty arises when Lieutenant Corson tries to leave Li Van Hgoc's tunnel in Chapter 15?
8. Why does Third Squad need to leave Delhi in Chapter 26?
9. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
10. What news does Doc Peret deliver to Lieutenant Corson at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)