|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
2. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(c) West Virginia.
3. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To find maps.
(b) To blow it.
(c) To search for VC.
(d) To retrieve a soldier's body.
4. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Paul Berlin.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Eddie Lazzuti.
5. Which member of Third Squad was killed when Sidney Martin called for an advance on the enemy in the mountains?
(b) Ready Mix.
(c) Bernie Lynn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
2. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
3. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
4. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
5. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state is Pederson on the day he dies?
2. How does Cacciato toy with the Third Squad in this chapter?
3. Why do living circumstances become awkward for Third Squad in Delhi?
4. How does the Squad figure out that they are on the same train that Cacciato took?
5. How does Third Squad end up on a cart with three Vietnamese women in Chapter 6?
6. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
7. What finally prods Third Squad to consider killing Sidney Martin?
8. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
9. Why can the Mayor of Ovissil not read Paul Berlin's history?
10. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)