|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A telegraph machine.
(b) A periscope.
(c) A series of tubes.
(d) A foot messenger.
2. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
(a) It runs directly up the mountain without winding.
(b) It is badly overgrown with roots and vines.
(c) It has been booby trapped by the VC.
(d) It is horribly muddy.
3. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(b) West Virginia.
4. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) His rifle.
(b) A long branch.
(c) A flagpole.
(d) A dried buffalo bone.
5. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A vacuum.
(b) An oasis.
(c) A deafening roar.
(d) A spa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
2. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
3. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
4. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
5. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
2. How does Paul Berlin succeed in keeping Sarkin Aung Wan with Third Squad?
3. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
4. How does Sidney Martin aggravate Third Squad in Chapter 25?
5. What plans does Paul Berlin make for his return home in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Paul Berlin feel guilty for Frenchie Tucker and Bernie Lynn's deaths?
7. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
8. Describe Lieutenant Corson.
9. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
10. How does Third Squad end up on a cart with three Vietnamese women in Chapter 6?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)