|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Burning empty villages.
(b) Smoking pot.
(c) Taking local women along with the Squad.
(d) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
2. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
(a) He cannot find the radio.
(b) He cannot get a signal.
(c) He cannot find the coordinates.
(d) He does not theink air support is necessary.
3. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
(a) He waves at them.
(b) He lights his own smoke grenade.
(c) He fires on them.
(d) He speads up his pace.
4. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
(b) St. Germaine.
5. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(d) Dog tags.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
2. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
3. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
4. What does Paul Berlin end up saying to his parents over the MARS system?
5. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Third Squad end up on a cart with three Vietnamese women in Chapter 6?
2. Describe Lieutenant Corson.
3. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
4. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
5. What decision does Paul Berlin make at the observation tower in Chapter 8?
6. What are Sidney Martin's values regarding war as described in Chapter 25?
7. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
8. Why does Paul Berlin feel guilty for Frenchie Tucker and Bernie Lynn's deaths?
9. How does Paul Berlin succeed in keeping Sarkin Aung Wan with Third Squad?
10. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)