|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(b) Phnom Penh.
2. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
(a) St. Germaine.
3. How does Third Squad get Lieutenant Corson out of Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) They knock him out and drive him out of town.
(b) They carry him to a train while he's passed out drunk.
(c) They threaten him with a court martial.
(d) They fake an ambush on Jolly Chand's lodging.
4. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
(b) Stringing beans.
5. What does Third Squad discover in the mountains as they clear bodies in Chapter 27?
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
2. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
3. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
4. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
5. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Third Squad determine happens to Buff's big gun?
2. How does the Squad figure out that they are on the same train that Cacciato took?
3. Describe Captain Rhallon.
4. What news does Doc Peret deliver to Lieutenant Corson at the beginning of the novel?
5. How does Paul Berlin plan plan to cope with his fears in Chapter 31?
6. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
7. How does the quiet of the village in Chapter 16 become insidious?
8. Why does the Squad take a vote on whether to continue pursuing Cacciato in Chapter 3?
9. In what state is Pederson on the day he dies?
10. Why can the Mayor of Ovissil not read Paul Berlin's history?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)