|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
(a) He speads up his pace.
(b) He fires on them.
(c) He lights his own smoke grenade.
(d) He waves at them.
2. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
3. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They will all die soon.
(b) They are never returning to Vietnam.
(c) They have been kidnapped.
(d) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
4. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
(d) St. Germaine.
5. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Billy Boy Watkins.
(b) Ready Mix.
(d) Frenchie Tucker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
2. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
3. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
4. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
5. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
2. How does Cacciato toy with the Third Squad in this chapter?
3. What finally prods Third Squad to consider killing Sidney Martin?
4. Why does the Squad take a vote on whether to continue pursuing Cacciato in Chapter 3?
5. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
6. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
7. How does Paul Berlin succeed in keeping Sarkin Aung Wan with Third Squad?
8. What are Sidney Martin's values regarding war as described in Chapter 25?
9. How does the Squad figure out that they are on the same train that Cacciato took?
10. Why does Third Squad need to leave Delhi in Chapter 26?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)