|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
(a) Paul Berlin.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Li Van Hgoc.
2. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
(a) The trees.
(b) The sky.
(c) The chinook.
(d) The water.
3. What is Lieutenant Martin's primary concern in Vietnam?
(a) The men.
(b) The mission.
(c) His own safety.
(d) His reputation.
4. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
(a) By bicycle.
(b) By rickshaw.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
5. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
(a) The same day.
(b) An indeterminant number of days after.
(c) The next day.
(d) Days before.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
2. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
3. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
4. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
5. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
2. Why do living circumstances become awkward for Third Squad in Delhi?
3. What difficulty arises when Lieutenant Corson tries to leave Li Van Hgoc's tunnel in Chapter 15?
4. What surprise announcement does the Lieutenant make to Third Squad in Chapter 26?
5. How do two men from Third Squad die in Chapter 9?
6. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
7. What news does Doc Peret deliver to Lieutenant Corson at the beginning of the novel?
8. What are Sidney Martin's values regarding war as described in Chapter 25?
9. Why does the Squad take a vote on whether to continue pursuing Cacciato in Chapter 3?
10. Why does Paul Berlin feel guilty for Frenchie Tucker and Bernie Lynn's deaths?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)