|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(a) Phnom Penh.
2. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
(a) It will be a great war story.
(b) It has taken him away from death.
(c) It will let him see the world.
(d) It has brought the squad together.
3. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
(a) He is on point.
(b) He is right behind the Lieutenant.
(c) He is in the exact middle.
(d) He takes the back.
4. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
(a) The sky.
(b) The chinook.
(c) The trees.
(d) The water.
5. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Stick Harris.
(c) Harold Murphy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
2. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
3. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
4. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
5. What does Paul Berlin's host in Chapter 27 tell him he does not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do two men from Third Squad die in Chapter 9?
2. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
3. What finally prods Third Squad to consider killing Sidney Martin?
4. How does the Squad figure out that they are on the same train that Cacciato took?
5. What are Sidney Martin's values regarding war as described in Chapter 25?
6. How does the quiet of the village in Chapter 16 become insidious?
7. What news does Doc Peret deliver to Lieutenant Corson at the beginning of the novel?
8. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
9. Describe some ways that the men of the Paul Berlin's platoon organize themselves.
10. Describe Paul Berlin's call home in Chapter 24.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)