|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
2. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
(a) Cacciato is sweaty and slick.
(b) Cacciato bites him.
(c) Stink cannot get his arms all the way around Cacciato.
(d) Cacciato punches him in the groin.
3. What does Paul Berlin end up saying to his parents over the MARS system?
(a) The war is over.
(b) Nothing. They do not pick up.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He is never scared.
4. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Paul Berlin.
5. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A spa.
(b) A vacuum.
(c) A deafening roar.
(d) An oasis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
2. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
3. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
4. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
5. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do living circumstances become awkward for Third Squad in Delhi?
2. How does Paul Berlin characterize the true war stories he has in Chapter 42?
3. What argument does Captain Rhallon make in Chapter 29 regarding the importance of a well-respected mission in War?
4. How does Paul Berlin succeed in keeping Sarkin Aung Wan with Third Squad?
5. Why does Cacciato require convincing regarding the Martin murder?
6. How does Lieutenant Martin precipitate his own murder in Chapter 34?
7. How does Sidney Martin aggravate Third Squad in Chapter 25?
8. What news does Doc Peret deliver to Lieutenant Corson at the beginning of the novel?
9. How does Third Squad escape execution in Chapter 36?
10. What is the result of Chapter 3's vote?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)