|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
(a) He cannot get a signal.
(b) He does not theink air support is necessary.
(c) He cannot find the coordinates.
(d) He cannot find the radio.
2. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) A set of dog-tags.
(b) A half-burnt map.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A telegram.
3. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
(a) An iguana.
(b) A cat.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A snake.
4. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Harold Murphy.
5. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(a) Bernie Lynn.
(b) Billy Boy Watkins.
(c) Ready Mix.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
2. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
3. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
4. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
5. What does Paul Berlin's host in Chapter 27 tell him he does not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Third Squad end up on a cart with three Vietnamese women in Chapter 6?
2. How do two men from Third Squad die in Chapter 9?
3. How does Sidney Martin aggravate Third Squad in Chapter 25?
4. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
5. What news does Doc Peret deliver to Lieutenant Corson at the beginning of the novel?
6. How does Sarkin Aung Wan react to Paul Berlin's description of their mission?
7. Why do Stink Harris and Bernie Lynn have a falling out?
8. How does Cacciato toy with the Third Squad in this chapter?
9. How does Paul Berlin succeed in keeping Sarkin Aung Wan with Third Squad?
10. How does the quiet of the village in Chapter 16 become insidious?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)