|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Paul Berlin.
(b) Eddie Lazzuti.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Stink Harris.
2. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
3. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Frenchie Tucker.
(c) Billy Boy Watkins.
(d) Ready Mix.
4. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He is a writer at heart.
(b) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(c) He will not fight well.
(d) He does not believe in the War.
5. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(a) GI Joe.
(c) Spec Four.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
2. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
3. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
4. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
5. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul Berlin plan plan to cope with his fears in Chapter 31?
2. How does the Squad figure out that they are on the same train that Cacciato took?
3. How does Paul Berlin lose Cacciato in Mandalay?
4. How does the quiet of the village in Chapter 16 become insidious?
5. Describe Captain Rhallon.
6. In Chapter 31, what haunting event happens to Paul Berlin on his first day in the mountains?
7. How does Third Squad manage to depart the ocean liner at the beginning of Chapter 40?
8. In what state is Pederson on the day he dies?
9. What surprise announcement does the Lieutenant make to Third Squad in Chapter 26?
10. What difficulty arises when Lieutenant Corson tries to leave Li Van Hgoc's tunnel in Chapter 15?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)