|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Paul Berlin when he is removed from isolation at the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) His neck is shaved.
(b) He is taken to visit Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) He is beaten for information.
(d) He is given a bath.
2. Why does Cacciato like Sidney Martin?
(a) Martin gave Cacciato some of his rations.
(b) Martin is from the same state as Cacciato.
(c) Martin likes black jack gum also.
(d) Martin let him carry the radio one day.
3. After New Years Day in Chapter 29, what year is it?
4. The street the Squad takes to escape Tehran is named after what American President?
5. What is the origin of Buff's nickname?
(a) He always separates men when they fight.
(b) He is suppsoed to be big as a buffalo.
(c) He is obsessed with his toned physique.
(d) He comes from Buffalo, NY.
6. In Chapter 43, what does Sarkin Aung Wan say Paul Berlin has to do to prove his love?
(a) Renounce his US citizenship.
(b) Get an apartment in Paris.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Kill Oscar Johnson.
7. Which of the following is not among the list of charges lodged against Third Squad?
(a) Failure to register weapons.
(c) Inciting revolution.
(d) Public intoxication.
8. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
(b) Ill will.
(c) Piss and vinegar.
9. What part of Buff's body does Doc Peret refuse to collect?
(a) His head.
(b) His hand.
(c) His ear.
(d) His foot.
10. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
(a) Sing folk songs.
(b) Shoot craps.
(c) Shoot Coke cans.
(d) Play soccer.
11. In Chapter 44, who discovers that Third Squad is a military outfit?
(a) A desk clerk.
(b) A French policeman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A retired miltary officer.
12. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Eddie Lazzuti.
13. In Chapter 45, what does Paul Berlin recall is the last word he ever said to Cacciato?
14. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
(a) Take half their rations.
(b) Force them to march nearly twice the normal distance.
(c) Write their names in a notebook.
(d) Punch Oscar Johnson.
15. Where does the girl say she has contacts that can help the soldiers escape military duty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cacciato doing while the other men vote to murder Sidney Martin?
2. What does Paul Berlin begin doing involuntarily as he lays awake in Chapter 31?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
4. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
5. Who nurses Lieutenant Corson back to health in Chapter 38?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)