|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 33, what does the brutal Iranian officer force Third Squad to call themselves?
2. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
(a) Piss and vinegar.
(b) Ill will.
3. What did Paul Berlin consider majoring in when he thought of attending the University of Iowa?
(b) Political Science.
4. To what does Eddie Lazzutti compare Buff's body throughout Chapter 41?
(a) A pile of spaghetti.
(b) A slain bison.
(c) A crab.
(d) A praying Arab.
5. What clothing accessory does Paul Berlin recall vividly about a young,crying Vietnamese girl in Chapter 39?
(a) Hoop earrings.
(b) A Mickey Mouse watch.
(c) Cracked glasses.
(d) A headband.
6. How long is Paul Berlin held in isolation after being arrested by the Iranian authorities?
(a) One year.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
7. In what country is the liner docked when it is searched by police in this chapter?
8. What item does Paul Berlin borrow from the sleeping Eddie in Chapter 30?
(a) A helmet.
(b) A scope.
(c) A rifle.
(d) Peach rations.
9. According to the major at Paul Berlin's promotion review, why are they fighting in Vietnam?
(a) To spread Democracy.
(b) To stop Communism.
(c) No reason.
(d) To win.
10. According to Oscar Johnson, what is the only lesson to be learned from Buff's death?
(a) Be lucky.
(b) Don't get shot.
(c) Don't be stupid.
(d) Don't ask for trouble.
11. Where does Third Squad determine it has to bring Cacciato to avoid being labeled deserters?
(a) The US embassy in Paris.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) A US military base in Germany.
(d) Combat headquarters in Saigon.
12. Which two people stay in the apartment in Chapter 44, refusing to search for Cacciato?
(a) Lieutenant Corson and Sarkin Aung Wan.
(b) Paul Berlin and Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) Doc Peret and Paul Berlin.
(d) Doc Peret and Lieutenant Corson.
13. In Chapter, Doc Peret tells Captain Rhallon that the nonexistent treaty legitimizing Third Squad's international travel was ratified in what city?
14. What season is it at the end of Chapter 40?
15. What cause of death does Doc Peret give for Billy Boy Watkins?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Blood loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
2. Who eventually searches the VC tunnel in Chapter 34?
3. As he marches with Third Squad in Chapter 31, what does Paul Berlin plan to do in the coming weeks?
4. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
5. What principality is Third Squad in at the beginning of Chapter 43?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)