|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
(a) Sing folk songs.
(b) Shoot Coke cans.
(c) Shoot craps.
(d) Play soccer.
2. What is the origin of Buff's nickname?
(a) He comes from Buffalo, NY.
(b) He always separates men when they fight.
(c) He is obsessed with his toned physique.
(d) He is suppsoed to be big as a buffalo.
3. What did Paul Berlin consider majoring in when he thought of attending the University of Iowa?
(b) Political Science.
4. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
(a) Thye lacked the materials to win.
(b) They did not have right on their side.
(c) They fought poorly.
(d) They did not want to win.
5. Who makes of up the phrase "The World's Greatest Lake Country?"
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
6. At the end of Chapter 29, Sarkin Aung Wan repeatedly berates Paul Berlin for what reason?
(a) He will not make love to her.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He will not leave the Squad.
(d) He has deserted the war.
7. What season is it at the end of Chapter 40?
8. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Eddie Lazzuti.
(d) Harold Murphy.
9. In Chapter, Doc Peret tells Captain Rhallon that the nonexistent treaty legitimizing Third Squad's international travel was ratified in what city?
10. What are the men entering at the very end of Chapter 41?
(a) A scorched trail.
(b) A paddy.
(c) A burning village.
(d) The thick brush.
11. Why does Cacciato like Sidney Martin?
(a) Martin likes black jack gum also.
(b) Martin gave Cacciato some of his rations.
(c) Martin let him carry the radio one day.
(d) Martin is from the same state as Cacciato.
12. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
(a) Pull on his boot.
(b) Hack away foliage.
(c) Open a can of peaches.
(d) Reload his rifle.
13. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
(b) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
(c) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
(d) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
14. Before leaving for Vietnam, Berlin's father tells him to keep an eye out for what?
(b) The enemy.
(c) Good stuff.
(d) A reason to stay alive.
15. What clothing accessory does Paul Berlin recall vividly about a young,crying Vietnamese girl in Chapter 39?
(a) A headband.
(b) Hoop earrings.
(c) Cracked glasses.
(d) A Mickey Mouse watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what does Cacciato slip through the prison window to Paul Berlin?
2. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
3. Which member of Third Squad always daydreams abut what he'd do with a million dollars?
4. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
5. What part of Buff's body does Doc Peret refuse to collect?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)