|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
(a) The sleeplessness.
(b) The anxiety.
(c) The filth.
(d) The guilt.
2. In what country is the liner docked when it is searched by police in this chapter?
3. Early in his arrival, Paul Berlin is warned by another soldier not to do what in regarding a paddy?
(a) Bathe in it.
(b) Pee in it.
(c) Wade in it.
(d) Drink from it.
4. At the end of Chapter 33, what does the brutal Iranian officer force Third Squad to call themselves?
5. Why does the earths start shaking in Chapter 41?
(a) An aftershock from a quake.
(b) Another squad is blowing tunnels.
(c) Lieutenant Corson has called in an airstrike a few miles away.
(d) A typhoon is blowing in.
6. Which two people stay in the apartment in Chapter 44, refusing to search for Cacciato?
(a) Doc Peret and Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Paul Berlin and Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) Doc Peret and Paul Berlin.
(d) Lieutenant Corson and Sarkin Aung Wan.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
(a) Fall asleep.
(b) Write a letter.
(d) Pee in a paddy.
8. What form of public execution does the Squad attend in Chapter 29?
(a) A firing squad.
(b) A beheading.
(c) A stoning.
(d) A hanging.
9. What principality is Third Squad in at the beginning of Chapter 43?
(c) Vatican City.
10. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
(b) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
(c) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
(d) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
11. What are the men entering at the very end of Chapter 41?
(a) The thick brush.
(b) A paddy.
(c) A burning village.
(d) A scorched trail.
12. Who does Lieutenant Corson tell Paul Berlin to look out for when the latter says he will be staying in Paris?
(b) Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Doc Peret.
13. Where does Paul Berlin first spot Cacciato in Chapter 44?
(a) An outdoor market.
(b) A movie house.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A hotel lobby.
14. At the end of Chapter 44, what does Sarkin Aung Wan state at the beginning of her speech she is pleading for?
(b) Cessation of war.
15. What famous military leader dies in Chapter 43?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Charles de Gaulle.
(d) George S. Patton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
2. Where does the girl say she has contacts that can help the soldiers escape military duty?
3. How does Cacciato finally answer Paul Berlin's plea to agree to the murder?
4. What does Paul Berlin joke is also paying rent in the apartment he and Sarkin Aung Wan take?
5. To whom does Oscar Johnson offer the big gun before giving it to Harold Murphy?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)