|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who nurses Lieutenant Corson back to health in Chapter 38?
(a) Sarkin Aung Wan.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Jolly Chand.
2. What season is it at the end of Chapter 40?
3. At the end of Chapter 44, what does Sarkin Aung Wan state at the beginning of her speech she is pleading for?
(c) Cessation of war.
4. Where does Paul Berlin first spot Cacciato in Chapter 44?
(a) A cathedral.
(b) A movie house.
(c) An outdoor market.
(d) A hotel lobby.
5. With what word does Paul Berlin describe Billy Boy Watkins' death in Chapter 32?
6. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
(a) Hack away foliage.
(b) Reload his rifle.
(c) Open a can of peaches.
(d) Pull on his boot.
7. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) Her last relationship.
(c) Fights with her father.
(d) Her two year of college.
8. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
(a) They fought poorly.
(b) They did not want to win.
(c) They did not have right on their side.
(d) Thye lacked the materials to win.
9. In what country is the liner docked when it is searched by police in this chapter?
10. How long is Paul Berlin held in isolation after being arrested by the Iranian authorities?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
11. What did Paul Berlin consider majoring in when he thought of attending the University of Iowa?
(b) Political Science.
12. What type of tree is Paul Berlin surprised to notice in Chapter 41?
(a) A willow.
(b) An oak.
(c) A eucalyptus.
(d) A fern.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Pee in a paddy.
(c) Fall asleep.
14. What does Paul Berlin begin doing involuntarily as he lays awake in Chapter 31?
15. Which two people stay in the apartment in Chapter 44, refusing to search for Cacciato?
(a) Paul Berlin and Sarkin Aung Wan.
(b) Doc Peret and Paul Berlin.
(c) Doc Peret and Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Lieutenant Corson and Sarkin Aung Wan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
2. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
3. To whom does Oscar Johnson offer the big gun before giving it to Harold Murphy?
4. To what does Eddie Lazzutti compare Buff's body throughout Chapter 41?
5. What happens to Paul Berlin when he is removed from isolation at the beginning of Chapter 33?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)