|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 45, what does Paul Berlin recall is the last word he ever said to Cacciato?
2. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
(a) Sing folk songs.
(b) Play soccer.
(c) Shoot craps.
(d) Shoot Coke cans.
3. At the end of Chapter 44, what does Sarkin Aung Wan state at the beginning of her speech she is pleading for?
(b) Cessation of war.
4. In Chapter 39, Paul Berlin acknowledges that he went to war because he believes in what?
(d) The Mission.
5. Who eventually searches the VC tunnel in Chapter 34?
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Sidney Martin.
6. What time is it in Chapter 32?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 2:30 a.m.
7. What action does each man in Third Squad perform to signify his agreement in killing Sidney Martin?
(a) Raise his hand.
(b) Touch Oscar Johnson's grenade.
(d) Hand a bullet to Oscar Johnson.
8. What is Paul Berlin surprised to still see in French countryside?
(a) German trenches.
(b) World War II damage.
(d) Viet Cong.
9. How does Cacciato characterize the death of Sidney Martin in Chapter 36?
(a) A blessing in disguise.
(b) Kill or be killed.
(d) A sad thing.
10. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
(a) The guilt.
(b) The filth.
(c) The anxiety.
(d) The sleeplessness.
11. According to the major at Paul Berlin's promotion review, why are they fighting in Vietnam?
(a) No reason.
(b) To spread Democracy.
(c) To stop Communism.
(d) To win.
12. What type of tree is Paul Berlin surprised to notice in Chapter 41?
(a) An oak.
(b) A willow.
(c) A fern.
(d) A eucalyptus.
13. With what word does Paul Berlin describe Billy Boy Watkins' death in Chapter 32?
14. Which member of Third Squad always daydreams abut what he'd do with a million dollars?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
15. What cause of death does Doc Peret give for Billy Boy Watkins?
(b) Blood loss.
(d) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
2. Cacciato tells Paul Berlin that the way to Paris is simple after one passes what city?
3. After New Years Day in Chapter 29, what year is it?
4. What is Cacciato doing while the other men vote to murder Sidney Martin?
5. What does Paul Berlin begin doing involuntarily as he lays awake in Chapter 31?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)