|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
(a) Open a can of peaches.
(b) Hack away foliage.
(c) Pull on his boot.
(d) Reload his rifle.
2. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
(a) Thye lacked the materials to win.
(b) They fought poorly.
(c) They did not want to win.
(d) They did not have right on their side.
3. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) The Rhine.
(b) The Rhine.
(c) The Seine.
(d) The Danube.
4. After New Years Day in Chapter 29, what year is it?
5. At the end of Chapter 40, Paul Berlin reasons that the root goal or the Vietnam War is to spread what?
6. What is the origin of Buff's nickname?
(a) He comes from Buffalo, NY.
(b) He is obsessed with his toned physique.
(c) He is suppsoed to be big as a buffalo.
(d) He always separates men when they fight.
7. How long is Paul Berlin held in isolation after being arrested by the Iranian authorities?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
8. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
(a) Her last relationship.
(b) Her two year of college.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) Fights with her father.
9. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
(a) Shoot Coke cans.
(b) Sing folk songs.
(c) Shoot craps.
(d) Play soccer.
10. At the end of Chapter 33, what does the brutal Iranian officer force Third Squad to call themselves?
11. What did Paul Berlin consider majoring in when he thought of attending the University of Iowa?
(c) Political Science.
12. Where does Third Squad determine it has to bring Cacciato to avoid being labeled deserters?
(a) Combat headquarters in Saigon.
(b) The US embassy in Paris.
(c) A US military base in Germany.
(d) The Pentagon.
13. Who does Lieutenant Corson tell Paul Berlin to look out for when the latter says he will be staying in Paris?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Sarkin Aung Wan.
14. What time is it at the end of Chapter 42?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
15. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
(a) Fear and self-respect.
(b) Duty and belief in mission.
(c) Despair and inebriation.
(d) Stupidity and weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually gets Buff's helmet in Chapter 41?
2. What does Paul Berlin begin doing involuntarily as he lays awake in Chapter 31?
3. What does Paul Berlin joke is also paying rent in the apartment he and Sarkin Aung Wan take?
4. Who finally makes the move to steal the van for the girl driving?
5. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)