|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What principality is Third Squad in at the beginning of Chapter 43?
(c) Vatican City.
2. At the end of Chapter 44, what does Sarkin Aung Wan state at the beginning of her speech she is pleading for?
(c) Cessation of war.
3. What time is it at the end of Chapter 42?
(a) 5:00 a.m.
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
4. In Chapter 45, what does Paul Berlin recall is the last word he ever said to Cacciato?
5. What time is it in Chapter 32?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 2:30 a.m.
6. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
(a) Reload his rifle.
(b) Hack away foliage.
(c) Open a can of peaches.
(d) Pull on his boot.
7. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
(b) Piss and vinegar.
(c) Ill will.
8. Which member of Third Squad always daydreams abut what he'd do with a million dollars?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
9. Who makes of up the phrase "The World's Greatest Lake Country?"
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
10. Who does Lieutenant Corson tell Paul Berlin to look out for when the latter says he will be staying in Paris?
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Sarkin Aung Wan.
11. According to Oscar Johnson, what is the only lesson to be learned from Buff's death?
(a) Be lucky.
(b) Don't get shot.
(c) Don't be stupid.
(d) Don't ask for trouble.
12. What item does Paul Berlin borrow from the sleeping Eddie in Chapter 30?
(a) A helmet.
(b) A rifle.
(c) Peach rations.
(d) A scope.
13. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
(a) Shoot craps.
(b) Sing folk songs.
(c) Play soccer.
(d) Shoot Coke cans.
14. In Chapter 43, what does Sarkin Aung Wan say Paul Berlin has to do to prove his love?
(a) Get an apartment in Paris.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Renounce his US citizenship.
(d) Kill Oscar Johnson.
15. Why does Cacciato like Sidney Martin?
(a) Martin likes black jack gum also.
(b) Martin gave Cacciato some of his rations.
(c) Martin let him carry the radio one day.
(d) Martin is from the same state as Cacciato.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the major at Paul Berlin's promotion review, why are they fighting in Vietnam?
2. After New Years Day in Chapter 29, what year is it?
3. To whom does Oscar Johnson offer the big gun before giving it to Harold Murphy?
4. What is the boy from Chapter 31's favorite type of gum?
5. What cause of death does Doc Peret give for Billy Boy Watkins?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)