|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the earths start shaking in Chapter 41?
(a) A typhoon is blowing in.
(b) An aftershock from a quake.
(c) Another squad is blowing tunnels.
(d) Lieutenant Corson has called in an airstrike a few miles away.
2. According to Oscar Johnson, what is the only lesson to be learned from Buff's death?
(a) Don't be stupid.
(b) Be lucky.
(c) Don't ask for trouble.
(d) Don't get shot.
3. Where does the girl say she has contacts that can help the soldiers escape military duty?
4. What does the boy in Chapter 31 do involuntarily from time to time?
(a) Fiddle with his rifle.
(c) Do situps.
5. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Eddie Lazzuti.
6. What does Paul Berlin begin doing involuntarily as he lays awake in Chapter 31?
7. In Chapter 36, what does Cacciato slip through the prison window to Paul Berlin?
(b) A Bible.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A cyanide capsule.
8. What is Paul Berlin surprised to still see in French countryside?
(a) World War II damage.
(c) Viet Cong.
(d) German trenches.
9. Why does Cacciato like Sidney Martin?
(a) Martin is from the same state as Cacciato.
(b) Martin likes black jack gum also.
(c) Martin gave Cacciato some of his rations.
(d) Martin let him carry the radio one day.
10. Who discovers Buff's body in Chapter 41?
(a) Harold Murphy.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Paul Berlin.
11. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
(b) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
(d) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
12. What is Cacciato doing while the other men vote to murder Sidney Martin?
(a) Relieving himself.
(c) Searching the VC tunnel.
13. What principality is Third Squad in at the beginning of Chapter 43?
(a) Vatican City.
14. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
(a) They did not want to win.
(b) They did not have right on their side.
(c) They fought poorly.
(d) Thye lacked the materials to win.
15. What did Paul Berlin consider majoring in when he thought of attending the University of Iowa?
(a) Political Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it in Chapter 32?
2. What is the boy from Chapter 31's favorite type of gum?
3. To whom does Oscar Johnson offer the big gun before giving it to Harold Murphy?
4. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
5. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)