|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally makes the move to steal the van for the girl driving?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Leiutenant Corson.
2. What are the men entering at the very end of Chapter 41?
(a) The thick brush.
(b) A paddy.
(c) A burning village.
(d) A scorched trail.
3. Who eventually gets Buff's helmet in Chapter 41?
(a) Doc Peret.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Harold Murphy.
4. What season is it at the end of Chapter 40?
5. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
(b) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
(c) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
6. Which of the following is not among the lessons Paul Berlin enumerates in Chapter 42?
(a) Keep your head down.
(b) You hear the shot that gets you.
(c) It hurts get shot.
(d) Dead men are heavy.
7. Which two people stay in the apartment in Chapter 44, refusing to search for Cacciato?
(a) Doc Peret and Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Paul Berlin and Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) Lieutenant Corson and Sarkin Aung Wan.
(d) Doc Peret and Paul Berlin.
8. Into what country does Third Squad arrive at the end of Chapter 36?
9. According to Oscar Johnson, what is the only lesson to be learned from Buff's death?
(a) Don't ask for trouble.
(b) Be lucky.
(c) Don't be stupid.
(d) Don't get shot.
10. In Chapter 36, what does Cacciato slip through the prison window to Paul Berlin?
(a) A cyanide capsule.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A Bible.
11. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
(b) Ill will.
(d) Piss and vinegar.
12. How does Cacciato finally answer Paul Berlin's plea to agree to the murder?
(a) He tells Sidney Martin about the conspiracy.
(b) He walks away into the jungle.
(c) He tells Oscar Johnson he is in.
(d) He lets Paul Berlin touch his hand to the grenade.
13. How long is Paul Berlin held in isolation after being arrested by the Iranian authorities?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
14. Where does the girl say she has contacts that can help the soldiers escape military duty?
15. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
(a) Pull on his boot.
(b) Hack away foliage.
(c) Reload his rifle.
(d) Open a can of peaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous military leader dies in Chapter 43?
2. What does the boy in Chapter 31 do involuntarily from time to time?
3. At the end of Chapter 33, what does the brutal Iranian officer force Third Squad to call themselves?
4. Who discovers Buff's body in Chapter 41?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)