|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of Buff's nickname?
(a) He always separates men when they fight.
(b) He is obsessed with his toned physique.
(c) He comes from Buffalo, NY.
(d) He is suppsoed to be big as a buffalo.
2. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Eddie Lazzuti.
3. With what word does Paul Berlin describe Billy Boy Watkins' death in Chapter 32?
4. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
(a) Open a can of peaches.
(b) Hack away foliage.
(c) Reload his rifle.
(d) Pull on his boot.
5. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) The Seine.
(b) The Rhine.
(c) The Danube.
(d) The Rhine.
6. Which member of Third Squad always daydreams abut what he'd do with a million dollars?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
7. How does Cacciato finally answer Paul Berlin's plea to agree to the murder?
(a) He tells Oscar Johnson he is in.
(b) He lets Paul Berlin touch his hand to the grenade.
(c) He walks away into the jungle.
(d) He tells Sidney Martin about the conspiracy.
8. In Chapter 36, what does Cacciato slip through the prison window to Paul Berlin?
(b) A Bible.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A cyanide capsule.
9. What part of Buff's body does Doc Peret refuse to collect?
(a) His ear.
(b) His head.
(c) His hand.
(d) His foot.
10. What famous military leader dies in Chapter 43?
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Charles de Gaulle.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) George S. Patton.
11. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
(b) Ill will.
(c) Piss and vinegar.
12. Which of the following is not among the list of charges lodged against Third Squad?
(b) Inciting revolution.
(c) Failure to register weapons.
(d) Public intoxication.
13. To whom does Oscar Johnson offer the big gun before giving it to Harold Murphy?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(d) Stink Harris.
14. According to the major at Paul Berlin's promotion review, why are they fighting in Vietnam?
(a) To stop Communism.
(b) To win.
(c) No reason.
(d) To spread Democracy.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
(b) Pee in a paddy.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Fall asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Doc Peret in Chapter 29, what is the root of Lieutenant Corson's illness?
2. What happens to Paul Berlin when he is removed from isolation at the beginning of Chapter 33?
3. After New Years Day in Chapter 29, what year is it?
4. What does Captain Rhallon repeatedly say he would rather be doing than legal work?
5. Who nurses Lieutenant Corson back to health in Chapter 38?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)