|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clothing accessory does Paul Berlin recall vividly about a young,crying Vietnamese girl in Chapter 39?
(a) Hoop earrings.
(b) Cracked glasses.
(c) A headband.
(d) A Mickey Mouse watch.
2. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
(a) The filth.
(b) The guilt.
(c) The anxiety.
(d) The sleeplessness.
3. What famous military leader dies in Chapter 43?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Charles de Gaulle.
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) George S. Patton.
4. Cacciato tells Paul Berlin that the way to Paris is simple after one passes what city?
5. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) Fights with her father.
(c) Her two year of college.
(d) Her last relationship.
6. Who eventually searches the VC tunnel in Chapter 34?
(a) Sidney Martin.
(b) Doc Peret.
(d) Paul Berlin.
7. Into what country does Third Squad arrive at the end of Chapter 36?
8. At the end of Chapter 40, Paul Berlin reasons that the root goal or the Vietnam War is to spread what?
9. How does Cacciato characterize the death of Sidney Martin in Chapter 36?
(a) Kill or be killed.
(b) A blessing in disguise.
(c) A sad thing.
10. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
(a) Force them to march nearly twice the normal distance.
(b) Punch Oscar Johnson.
(c) Write their names in a notebook.
(d) Take half their rations.
11. What principality is Third Squad in at the beginning of Chapter 43?
(a) Vatican City.
12. Where does Paul Berlin first spot Cacciato in Chapter 44?
(a) An outdoor market.
(b) A movie house.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A hotel lobby.
13. In Chapter 43, what does Sarkin Aung Wan say Paul Berlin has to do to prove his love?
(a) Kill Oscar Johnson.
(b) Renounce his US citizenship.
(c) Get an apartment in Paris.
(d) Marry her.
14. What season is it at the end of Chapter 40?
15. What does the boy in Chapter 31 do involuntarily from time to time?
(a) Do situps.
(c) Fiddle with his rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 44, who discovers that Third Squad is a military outfit?
2. What form of public execution does the Squad attend in Chapter 29?
3. What action does each man in Third Squad perform to signify his agreement in killing Sidney Martin?
4. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
5. Who does Lieutenant Corson tell Paul Berlin to look out for when the latter says he will be staying in Paris?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)