|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
(a) An iguana.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A cat.
(d) A snake.
2. Who falls in love in Delhi?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Doc Peret.
3. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
(c) Walking wounded.
(d) Sunday civilian.
4. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
(c) St. Louis.
5. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
(a) He speads up his pace.
(b) He lights his own smoke grenade.
(c) He waves at them.
(d) He fires on them.
6. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
(b) They will all die soon.
(c) They are never returning to Vietnam.
(d) They have been kidnapped.
7. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A set of dog-tags.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A half-burnt map.
8. What is the next location on Third Squad's journey after Delhi?
9. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(a) West Virginia.
10. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) A flag pops up.
(b) A siren goes off.
(c) An NCO tells them.
(d) No one ever trips a mine.
11. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
(a) Scheduled leave.
(b) A gangrenous wound.
(c) His tour is up.
(d) High blood pressure.
12. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
(a) He is on point.
(b) He takes the back.
(c) He is right behind the Lieutenant.
(d) He is in the exact middle.
13. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(c) Phnom Penh.
14. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(b) He does not believe in the War.
(c) He is a writer at heart.
(d) He will not fight well.
15. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Stink Harris refuse to do for Doc Peret?
2. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
3. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
4. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
5. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)