|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(a) Phnom Penh.
2. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
(a) An indeterminant number of days after.
(b) The next day.
(c) The same day.
(d) Days before.
3. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
(b) Phnom Penh.
(d) My Lai.
4. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
5. Which member of Third Squad was killed when Sidney Martin called for an advance on the enemy in the mountains?
(a) Bernie Lynn.
(b) Ready Mix.
6. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 13 years.
7. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
(a) He is in the exact middle.
(b) He is right behind the Lieutenant.
(c) He is on point.
(d) He takes the back.
8. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
(b) Walking wounded.
(c) Sunday civilian.
9. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
(a) The water.
(b) The sky.
(c) The trees.
(d) The chinook.
10. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
11. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Frenchie Tucker.
(b) Ready Mix.
(c) Billy Boy Watkins.
12. In what American city did Jolly Chand live for a period?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
13. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) A gangrenous wound.
(c) His tour is up.
(d) Scheduled leave.
14. Who falls in love in Delhi?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Stink Harris.
15. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Shooting craps.
(c) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(d) Playing basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
2. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
3. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
4. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
5. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)