|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
(b) Eddie Lazzutti.
(c) Harold Murphy.
(d) Stick Harris.
2. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
(a) Clipping his nails.
(c) Making love to him.
(d) Cooking dinner.
3. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
4. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Burning empty villages.
(b) Taking local women along with the Squad.
(c) Smoking pot.
(d) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Stink Harris refuse to do for Doc Peret?
(a) Give Bernie Lynn an injection.
(b) Talk to the dying Bernie Lynn.
(c) Go into the tunnel.
(d) Bag Frenchie Tucker's body.
6. What does Third Squad discover in the mountains as they clear bodies in Chapter 27?
7. What does Paul Berlin end up saying to his parents over the MARS system?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is never scared.
(c) The war is over.
(d) Nothing. They do not pick up.
8. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
(a) 4 to one.
(b) 12 to one.
(c) One to one.
(d) 6 to one.
9. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(a) West Virginia.
10. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(d) Phnom Penh.
11. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
(a) He does not theink air support is necessary.
(b) He cannot find the coordinates.
(c) He cannot get a signal.
(d) He cannot find the radio.
12. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Lieutenant Corson.
13. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
14. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
15. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) An NCO tells them.
(b) A siren goes off.
(c) No one ever trips a mine.
(d) A flag pops up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
2. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
3. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
4. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
5. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)