|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(b) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(c) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(d) The Viet Cong capture them.
2. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
(a) A cat.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A snake.
(d) An iguana.
3. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
4. What item do the men find in their search of the train in Chapter 21?
(a) Cacciato's photo album.
(b) Cacciato's dog tags.
(c) Cacciato's AWOL bag.
(d) Cacciato's uniform.
5. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
(a) A HAM radio.
(b) An air conditioner.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) A television.
6. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
(a) Stick Harris.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
7. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
(c) Stringing beans.
8. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
(c) Walking wounded.
(d) Sunday civilian.
9. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Smoking pot.
(b) Burning empty villages.
(c) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
(d) Taking local women along with the Squad.
10. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
(a) Armageddon is nigh.
(b) Cacciato is dead.
(c) They will all be court-martialed.
(d) The war is over.
11. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
12. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
(d) French Fries.
13. What is Lieutenant Martin's primary concern in Vietnam?
(a) His own safety.
(b) The men.
(c) The mission.
(d) His reputation.
14. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Sidney Martin.
15. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
2. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
3. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
4. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
5. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)