|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
2. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a businessman.
(b) As a GI.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As a monk.
3. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A snake.
(c) An iguana.
(d) A cat.
4. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
(c) Water buffalo.
5. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
(a) Bye bye.
(b) I'm sorry.
(c) Kill it.
(d) Fuck you.
6. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
7. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
8. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Shooting craps.
(b) Playing basketball.
(d) Shooting makeshift skeet.
9. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(c) West Virginia.
10. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
(a) Harold Murphy.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Paul Berlin.
11. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
(a) A sterno container.
(b) A frag grenade.
(c) An old land mine.
(d) A smoke grenade.
12. What is the next location on Third Squad's journey after Delhi?
13. Which member of Third Squad was killed when Sidney Martin called for an advance on the enemy in the mountains?
(a) Bernie Lynn.
(d) Ready Mix.
14. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(b) He will not fight well.
(c) He is a writer at heart.
(d) He does not believe in the War.
15. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Lieutenant Corson.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
2. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
3. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
4. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
5. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)