|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
(b) St. Louis.
2. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Shooting craps.
(b) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(c) Playing basketball.
3. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
(a) An old land mine.
(b) A frag grenade.
(c) A sterno container.
(d) A smoke grenade.
4. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
(a) He is catatonic.
(b) He is weeping.
(c) He is having fits of hysteria.
(d) He has died.
5. Who falls in love in Delhi?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Stink Harris.
6. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
(a) Mass graves.
(d) Puddles of blood.
7. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
(a) They will all be court-martialed.
(b) The war is over.
(c) Armageddon is nigh.
(d) Cacciato is dead.
8. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(d) Phnom Penh.
9. What official houses Third Squad at their destination in of Chapter 27?
(a) An Ambassador.
(b) A Mayor.
(c) A Governor.
(d) A Colonel.
10. What does Paul Berlin end up saying to his parents over the MARS system?
(a) He loves them.
(b) The war is over.
(c) He is never scared.
(d) Nothing. They do not pick up.
11. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(b) Ready Mix.
(c) Bernie Lynn.
(d) Billy Boy Watkins.
12. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
(a) It runs directly up the mountain without winding.
(b) It has been booby trapped by the VC.
(c) It is horribly muddy.
(d) It is badly overgrown with roots and vines.
13. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
(a) He cannot find the coordinates.
(b) He cannot find the radio.
(c) He does not theink air support is necessary.
(d) He cannot get a signal.
14. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To find maps.
(b) To retrieve a soldier's body.
(c) To search for VC.
(d) To blow it.
15. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
2. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
4. Which member of Third Squad was killed when Sidney Martin called for an advance on the enemy in the mountains?
5. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)