|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
(a) He is catatonic.
(b) He has died.
(c) He is weeping.
(d) He is having fits of hysteria.
2. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) A gangrenous wound.
(c) His tour is up.
(d) Scheduled leave.
3. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Smoking pot.
(b) Burning empty villages.
(c) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
(d) Taking local women along with the Squad.
4. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) A long branch.
(b) His rifle.
(c) A dried buffalo bone.
(d) A flagpole.
5. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Eddie Lazzuti.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
6. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
7. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
(c) Water buffalo.
8. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
(a) Sidney Martin.
(b) Eddie Lazzutti
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
9. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(a) Ready Mix.
(c) Billy Boy Watkins.
(d) Bernie Lynn.
10. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
(a) By rickshaw.
(b) By bicycle.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
11. What does Third Squad discover in the mountains as they clear bodies in Chapter 27?
12. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
13. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(c) A tapeworm.
14. What is Lieutenant Martin's primary concern in Vietnam?
(a) The mission.
(b) The men.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His own safety.
15. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A foot messenger.
(b) A periscope.
(c) A telegraph machine.
(d) A series of tubes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
3. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
4. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
5. What item do the men find in their search of the train in Chapter 21?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)