|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
2. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A spa.
(b) An oasis.
(c) A vacuum.
(d) A deafening roar.
3. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will not fight well.
(b) He is a writer at heart.
(c) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(d) He does not believe in the War.
4. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
(a) It has been booby trapped by the VC.
(b) It is horribly muddy.
(c) It runs directly up the mountain without winding.
(d) It is badly overgrown with roots and vines.
5. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Doc Peret.
6. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
(a) Puddles of blood.
(c) Mass graves.
7. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
(a) Making love.
(b) Playing cards.
8. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
(a) 12 to one.
(b) 4 to one.
(c) 6 to one.
(d) One to one.
9. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
(a) All of the above.
10. In what American city did Jolly Chand live for a period?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
11. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
(a) It has brought the squad together.
(b) It will be a great war story.
(c) It will let him see the world.
(d) It has taken him away from death.
12. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Ready Mix.
(b) Billy Boy Watkins.
(c) Frenchie Tucker.
13. What official houses Third Squad at their destination in of Chapter 27?
(a) A Governor.
(b) An Ambassador.
(c) A Mayor.
(d) A Colonel.
14. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
15. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(b) A tapeworm.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
2. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
3. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
4. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
5. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)