|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
2. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
(b) Phnom Penh.
(d) My Lai.
3. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
(b) French Fries.
4. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
5. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 7 years.
6. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
(a) Armageddon is nigh.
(b) They will all be court-martialed.
(c) Cacciato is dead.
(d) The war is over.
7. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
(b) They will all die soon.
(c) They have been kidnapped.
(d) They are never returning to Vietnam.
8. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A television.
(c) A HAM radio.
(d) An air conditioner.
9. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Li Van Hgoc.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
10. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
(a) 4 to one.
(b) 6 to one.
(c) One to one.
(d) 12 to one.
11. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Ready Mix.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Frenchie Tucker.
(d) Lt. Sidney Martin.
12. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
(d) Fresh fruit.
13. Who first informs the Lieutenant that Cacciato has gone AWOL?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Paul Berlin.
14. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(b) The Viet Cong capture them.
(c) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
15. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
(a) He is on point.
(b) He takes the back.
(c) He is right behind the Lieutenant.
(d) He is in the exact middle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
2. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
3. Who falls in love in Delhi?
4. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
5. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)