Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(b) Shooting craps.
(c) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(d) Playing basketball.
2. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(d) Dog tags.
3. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
(c) St. Germaine.
4. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
(a) Puddles of blood.
(d) Mass graves.
5. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(a) Spec Four.
(c) GI Joe.
6. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
7. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(d) West Virginia.
8. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Paul Berlin.
9. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) An NCO tells them.
(b) A siren goes off.
(c) No one ever trips a mine.
(d) A flag pops up.
10. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
(a) He has died.
(b) He is catatonic.
(c) He is weeping.
(d) He is having fits of hysteria.
11. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To retrieve a soldier's body.
(b) To find maps.
(c) To blow it.
(d) To search for VC.
12. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
(a) Sidney Martin.
(b) Eddie Lazzutti
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Doc Peret.
13. How does Third Squad get Lieutenant Corson out of Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) They threaten him with a court martial.
(b) They knock him out and drive him out of town.
(c) They carry him to a train while he's passed out drunk.
(d) They fake an ambush on Jolly Chand's lodging.
14. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Eddie Lazzuti.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Stink Harris.
15. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
(b) French Fries.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
2. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
3. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
4. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)