|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
(a) They will all be court-martialed.
(b) The war is over.
(c) Armageddon is nigh.
(d) Cacciato is dead.
2. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
3. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
(a) My Lai.
(b) Phnom Penh.
4. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Paul Berlin.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Eddie Lazzuti.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
5. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
(c) All of the above.
6. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 4 years.
7. In what American city did Jolly Chand live for a period?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
8. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
(a) Making love to him.
(b) Clipping his nails.
(d) Cooking dinner.
9. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a monk.
(b) As a businessman.
(c) As a GI.
(d) As a woman.
10. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
(c) Water buffalo.
11. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
(a) A television.
(b) An air conditioner.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) A HAM radio.
12. How does Third Squad get Lieutenant Corson out of Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) They threaten him with a court martial.
(b) They carry him to a train while he's passed out drunk.
(c) They knock him out and drive him out of town.
(d) They fake an ambush on Jolly Chand's lodging.
13. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
(b) The VC finally attacks the village.
(c) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(d) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
14. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
(a) The sky.
(b) The water.
(c) The chinook.
(d) The trees.
15. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Third Squad was killed when Sidney Martin called for an advance on the enemy in the mountains?
2. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
3. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
4. What does Paul Berlin's host in Chapter 27 tell him he does not have?
5. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)