|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) His own.
2. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a GI.
(b) As a businessman.
(c) As a monk.
(d) As a woman.
3. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
(a) Stick Harris.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
4. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
5. What does Paul Berlin end up saying to his parents over the MARS system?
(a) Nothing. They do not pick up.
(b) The war is over.
(c) He is never scared.
(d) He loves them.
6. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(a) Ready Mix.
(b) Bernie Lynn.
(c) Billy Boy Watkins.
7. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(b) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(c) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(d) The Viet Cong capture them.
8. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(b) Spec Four.
(d) GI Joe.
9. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Frenchie Tucker.
(c) Ready Mix.
(d) Lt. Sidney Martin.
10. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(d) West Virginia.
11. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
(a) By rickshaw.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By bicycle.
12. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
(a) An iguana.
(b) A cat.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A snake.
13. In what American city did Jolly Chand live for a period?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
14. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Smoking pot.
(b) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
(c) Burning empty villages.
(d) Taking local women along with the Squad.
15. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
(c) Fresh fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
2. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
3. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
4. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
5. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)