|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) His tour is up.
(c) Scheduled leave.
(d) A gangrenous wound.
2. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Stick Harris.
3. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(b) GI Joe.
(c) Spec Four.
4. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
(a) They will all be court-martialed.
(b) The war is over.
(c) Armageddon is nigh.
(d) Cacciato is dead.
5. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
6. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
7. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
(b) My Lai.
(d) Phnom Penh.
8. What item do the men find in their search of the train in Chapter 21?
(a) Cacciato's uniform.
(b) Cacciato's photo album.
(c) Cacciato's AWOL bag.
(d) Cacciato's dog tags.
9. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
(a) St. Germaine.
10. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(d) Phnom Penh.
11. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A set of dog-tags.
(c) A half-burnt map.
(d) A telegram.
12. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
(a) His leg.
(b) His testicle.
(c) His arm.
(d) His ear.
13. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
14. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
(a) It will let him see the world.
(b) It will be a great war story.
(c) It has taken him away from death.
(d) It has brought the squad together.
15. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) A flag pops up.
(b) A siren goes off.
(c) No one ever trips a mine.
(d) An NCO tells them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What is Lieutenant Martin's primary concern in Vietnam?
3. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
4. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
5. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)