|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Bye bye.
(c) Fuck you.
(d) I'm sorry.
2. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
(a) He is weeping.
(b) He is catatonic.
(c) He has died.
(d) He is having fits of hysteria.
3. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(c) Making love to him.
(d) Clipping his nails.
4. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a monk.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a businessman.
(d) As a GI.
5. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(a) Phnom Penh.
6. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
7. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Ready Mix.
(c) Lt. Sidney Martin.
(d) Frenchie Tucker.
8. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To blow it.
(b) To search for VC.
(c) To find maps.
(d) To retrieve a soldier's body.
9. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
(c) Mass graves.
(d) Puddles of blood.
10. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 4 years.
11. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(c) Spec Four.
(d) GI Joe.
12. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Paul Berlin.
13. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Shooting craps.
14. What does Paul Berlin end up saying to his parents over the MARS system?
(a) Nothing. They do not pick up.
(b) He loves them.
(c) The war is over.
(d) He is never scared.
15. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
(a) He cannot find the radio.
(b) He cannot get a signal.
(c) He does not theink air support is necessary.
(d) He cannot find the coordinates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
2. Which member of Third Squad was killed when Sidney Martin called for an advance on the enemy in the mountains?
3. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
4. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
5. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)