|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the next location on Third Squad's journey after Delhi?
2. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
(a) He has died.
(b) He is weeping.
(c) He is having fits of hysteria.
(d) He is catatonic.
3. What does Paul Berlin end up saying to his parents over the MARS system?
(a) He loves them.
(b) Nothing. They do not pick up.
(c) He is never scared.
(d) The war is over.
4. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
(a) The number of days he has left in Vietnam.
(b) His family.
5. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
6. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a woman.
(b) As a monk.
(c) As a GI.
(d) As a businessman.
7. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
(d) All of the above.
8. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
(a) He is facing a court martial.
(b) He cannot walk to Paris.
(c) The lieutenant will make a deal with him.
(d) He will starve to death in the jungle.
9. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A series of tubes.
(b) A telegraph machine.
(c) A periscope.
(d) A foot messenger.
10. In Chapter 9, what does Stink Harris refuse to do for Doc Peret?
(a) Give Bernie Lynn an injection.
(b) Go into the tunnel.
(c) Bag Frenchie Tucker's body.
(d) Talk to the dying Bernie Lynn.
11. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
12. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
(a) Stick Harris.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
13. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
14. Who falls in love in Delhi?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Lieutenant Corson.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Stink Harris.
15. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Taking local women along with the Squad.
(b) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
(c) Burning empty villages.
(d) Smoking pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
2. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
3. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
4. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
5. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)