|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Frenchie Tucker.
(b) Billy Boy Watkins.
(d) Ready Mix.
2. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) A flag pops up.
(b) An NCO tells them.
(c) No one ever trips a mine.
(d) A siren goes off.
3. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
(a) Playing cards.
(d) Making love.
4. What does Third Squad discover in the mountains as they clear bodies in Chapter 27?
5. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(b) West Virginia.
6. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(a) Spec Four.
(b) GI Joe.
7. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will not fight well.
(b) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(c) He does not believe in the War.
(d) He is a writer at heart.
8. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) His rifle.
(b) A flagpole.
(c) A long branch.
(d) A dried buffalo bone.
9. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
10. Which member of Third Squad was killed when Sidney Martin called for an advance on the enemy in the mountains?
(a) Bernie Lynn.
(d) Ready Mix.
11. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
(d) Stringing beans.
12. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a businessman.
(b) As a GI.
(c) As a woman.
(d) As a monk.
13. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
(a) It is horribly muddy.
(b) It has been booby trapped by the VC.
(c) It runs directly up the mountain without winding.
(d) It is badly overgrown with roots and vines.
14. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They are never returning to Vietnam.
(b) They have been kidnapped.
(c) They will all die soon.
(d) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
15. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(b) Dog tags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
2. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
3. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
4. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
5. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)