|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
(a) It runs directly up the mountain without winding.
(b) It is horribly muddy.
(c) It is badly overgrown with roots and vines.
(d) It has been booby trapped by the VC.
2. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Ready Mix.
(b) Frenchie Tucker.
(d) Billy Boy Watkins.
3. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
(a) He is right behind the Lieutenant.
(b) He takes the back.
(c) He is in the exact middle.
(d) He is on point.
4. How does Third Squad get Lieutenant Corson out of Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) They carry him to a train while he's passed out drunk.
(b) They fake an ambush on Jolly Chand's lodging.
(c) They threaten him with a court martial.
(d) They knock him out and drive him out of town.
5. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
(c) Fresh fruit.
6. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They will all die soon.
(b) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
(c) They are never returning to Vietnam.
(d) They have been kidnapped.
7. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) A set of dog-tags.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A half-burnt map.
8. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
9. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A spa.
(b) A vacuum.
(c) An oasis.
(d) A deafening roar.
10. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Making love to him.
(d) Clipping his nails.
11. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
(a) He cannot find the coordinates.
(b) He does not theink air support is necessary.
(c) He cannot find the radio.
(d) He cannot get a signal.
12. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Playing basketball.
(c) Shooting craps.
(d) Shooting makeshift skeet.
13. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(a) West Virginia.
14. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(b) Phnom Penh.
15. In what American city did Jolly Chand live for a period?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
2. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
3. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
4. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
5. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)