|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(b) His own.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
2. Who first informs the Lieutenant that Cacciato has gone AWOL?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
3. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(d) Shooting craps.
4. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(d) Phnom Penh.
5. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 13 years.
6. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
(c) Sunday civilian.
(d) Walking wounded.
7. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
(a) He is catatonic.
(b) He has died.
(c) He is weeping.
(d) He is having fits of hysteria.
8. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
9. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
(a) A frag grenade.
(b) An old land mine.
(c) A smoke grenade.
(d) A sterno container.
10. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
(b) Burning empty villages.
(c) Smoking pot.
(d) Taking local women along with the Squad.
11. What does Paul Berlin's host in Chapter 27 tell him he does not have?
(a) A soul.
(b) A mission.
(c) A friend.
(d) A history.
12. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Making love.
13. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) A siren goes off.
(b) No one ever trips a mine.
(c) A flag pops up.
(d) An NCO tells them.
14. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
(a) His family.
(c) The number of days he has left in Vietnam.
15. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
2. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
3. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
4. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
5. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)