|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
(d) Water buffalo.
2. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(a) Ready Mix.
(c) Bernie Lynn.
(d) Billy Boy Watkins.
3. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
(c) St. Louis.
4. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Lieutenant Corson.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Paul Berlin.
5. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(d) West Virginia.
6. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A half-burnt map.
(d) A set of dog-tags.
7. How does Third Squad get Lieutenant Corson out of Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) They carry him to a train while he's passed out drunk.
(b) They knock him out and drive him out of town.
(c) They fake an ambush on Jolly Chand's lodging.
(d) They threaten him with a court martial.
8. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Shooting craps.
(d) Shooting makeshift skeet.
9. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He does not believe in the War.
(b) He is a writer at heart.
(c) He will not fight well.
(d) He will never really leave the Midwest.
10. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
(a) Paul Berlin.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
11. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To search for VC.
(b) To retrieve a soldier's body.
(c) To find maps.
(d) To blow it.
12. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
(a) Playing cards.
(d) Making love.
13. What item do the men find in their search of the train in Chapter 21?
(a) Cacciato's photo album.
(b) Cacciato's AWOL bag.
(c) Cacciato's dog tags.
(d) Cacciato's uniform.
14. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
(a) It has taken him away from death.
(b) It will be a great war story.
(c) It has brought the squad together.
(d) It will let him see the world.
15. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 13 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
2. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
3. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
4. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
5. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)