|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(b) The Viet Cong capture them.
(c) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(d) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
2. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
(a) The sky.
(b) The water.
(c) The chinook.
(d) The trees.
3. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A periscope.
(b) A series of tubes.
(c) A telegraph machine.
(d) A foot messenger.
4. What item do the men find in their search of the train in Chapter 21?
(a) Cacciato's photo album.
(b) Cacciato's dog tags.
(c) Cacciato's AWOL bag.
(d) Cacciato's uniform.
5. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(b) He will not fight well.
(c) He is a writer at heart.
(d) He does not believe in the War.
6. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
7. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They are never returning to Vietnam.
(b) They will all die soon.
(c) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
(d) They have been kidnapped.
8. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A vacuum.
(b) A spa.
(c) A deafening roar.
(d) An oasis.
9. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
(a) A HAM radio.
(b) A television.
(c) An air conditioner.
(d) A refrigerator.
10. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a woman.
(b) As a businessman.
(c) As a GI.
(d) As a monk.
11. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
(a) St. Germaine.
12. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(a) Billy Boy Watkins.
(c) Ready Mix.
(d) Bernie Lynn.
13. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
14. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
(a) A cat.
(b) A chicken.
(c) An iguana.
(d) A snake.
15. Who first informs the Lieutenant that Cacciato has gone AWOL?
(a) Paul Berlin.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Doc Peret.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
2. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
3. What is the next location on Third Squad's journey after Delhi?
4. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
5. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)