|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(b) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(c) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
(d) The VC finally attacks the village.
2. What item do the men find in their search of the train in Chapter 21?
(a) Cacciato's AWOL bag.
(b) Cacciato's uniform.
(c) Cacciato's photo album.
(d) Cacciato's dog tags.
3. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
(a) His ear.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His testicle.
4. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To blow it.
(b) To search for VC.
(c) To find maps.
(d) To retrieve a soldier's body.
5. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
(a) It has taken him away from death.
(b) It will be a great war story.
(c) It will let him see the world.
(d) It has brought the squad together.
6. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
(a) The chinook.
(b) The sky.
(c) The water.
(d) The trees.
7. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
(a) Harold Murphy.
(b) Lieutenant Corson.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Paul Berlin.
8. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A tapeworm.
9. In what state did Paul Berlin grow up?
(d) West Virginia.
10. What item informs Third Squad that Cacciato has left Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) A set of dog-tags.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A half-burnt map.
(d) A telegram.
11. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a monk.
(b) As a businessman.
(c) As a GI.
(d) As a woman.
12. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Doc Peret.
13. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(c) Dog tags.
14. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) A dried buffalo bone.
(b) His rifle.
(c) A flagpole.
(d) A long branch.
15. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(a) GI Joe.
(b) Spec Four.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
2. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
3. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
4. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
5. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)