|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Li Van Hgoc.
(d) Paul Berlin.
2. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a GI.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a monk.
(d) As a businessman.
3. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Eddie Lazzuti.
(d) Stink Harris.
4. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
5. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti.
6. What does Third Squad discover in the mountains as they clear bodies in Chapter 27?
7. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
8. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 4 years.
9. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They are never returning to Vietnam.
(b) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
(c) They have been kidnapped.
(d) They will all die soon.
10. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) His rifle.
(b) A long branch.
(c) A dried buffalo bone.
(d) A flagpole.
11. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A foot messenger.
(b) A telegraph machine.
(c) A periscope.
(d) A series of tubes.
12. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
(a) They will all be court-martialed.
(b) The war is over.
(c) Armageddon is nigh.
(d) Cacciato is dead.
13. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Sidney Martin.
(d) Doc Peret.
14. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
(a) It is horribly muddy.
(b) It has been booby trapped by the VC.
(c) It runs directly up the mountain without winding.
(d) It is badly overgrown with roots and vines.
15. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What official houses Third Squad at their destination in of Chapter 27?
2. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
3. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
4. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
5. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)