|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Third Squad get Lieutenant Corson out of Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) They knock him out and drive him out of town.
(b) They threaten him with a court martial.
(c) They carry him to a train while he's passed out drunk.
(d) They fake an ambush on Jolly Chand's lodging.
2. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(c) Phnom Penh.
3. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
(a) Walking wounded.
(b) Sunday civilian.
4. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
(a) Stringing beans.
5. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
(a) Li Van Hgoc.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
6. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
(a) He is catatonic.
(b) He has died.
(c) He is weeping.
(d) He is having fits of hysteria.
7. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
(a) As a GI.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a monk.
(d) As a businessman.
8. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A foot messenger.
(b) A telegraph machine.
(c) A periscope.
(d) A series of tubes.
9. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
10. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
(a) Bye bye.
(b) Kill it.
(c) I'm sorry.
(d) Fuck you.
11. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Sidney Martin.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti
12. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
(c) Making love.
(d) Playing cards.
13. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
(a) Phnom Penh.
(b) My Lai.
14. Who falls in love in Delhi?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Doc Peret.
15. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
(a) It will let him see the world.
(b) It will be a great war story.
(c) It has taken him away from death.
(d) It has brought the squad together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
2. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
3. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
4. What item does Jolly Chand serve Third Squad in Chapter 23 that upsets her husband?
5. What does Paul Berlin's host in Chapter 27 tell him he does not have?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)