|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty-Six, Going After Cacciato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
2. With whom has Sarkin Aung Wan left at the beginning of Chapter 46?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Lieutenant Corson.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Doc Peret.
3. In Chapter 36, what does Cacciato slip through the prison window to Paul Berlin?
(a) A cyanide capsule.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A rifle.
4. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A periscope.
(b) A series of tubes.
(c) A telegraph machine.
(d) A foot messenger.
5. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Eddie Lazzutti compare Buff's body throughout Chapter 41?
2. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
3. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
4. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
5. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)