|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he marches with Third Squad in Chapter 31, what does Paul Berlin plan to do in the coming weeks?
(a) Write a letter to his father.
(b) Learn to act like them.
(c) Learn to get by on two hours of sleep.
2. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Doc Peret.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Stink Harris.
3. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A vacuum.
(b) An oasis.
(c) A deafening roar.
(d) A spa.
4. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
(a) He does not theink air support is necessary.
(b) He cannot get a signal.
(c) He cannot find the coordinates.
(d) He cannot find the radio.
5. In Chapter 39, Paul Berlin acknowledges that he went to war because he believes in what?
(b) The Mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
2. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
3. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
4. What does Third Squad give to Stink Harris as a joke in Chapter 39?
5. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)