|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(d) Shooting craps.
2. Why does Cacciato like Sidney Martin?
(a) Martin likes black jack gum also.
(b) Martin is from the same state as Cacciato.
(c) Martin let him carry the radio one day.
(d) Martin gave Cacciato some of his rations.
3. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Lt. Sidney Martin.
(b) Frenchie Tucker.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Ready Mix.
4. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(b) Phnom Penh.
5. At the end of Chapter 29, Sarkin Aung Wan repeatedly berates Paul Berlin for what reason?
(a) He will not make love to her.
(b) He will not leave the Squad.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He has deserted the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 33, what does the brutal Iranian officer force Third Squad to call themselves?
2. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
3. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
4. Before leaving for Vietnam, Berlin's father tells him to keep an eye out for what?
5. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)