|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Making love to him.
(d) Clipping his nails.
2. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
(a) An indeterminant number of days after.
(b) The next day.
(c) The same day.
(d) Days before.
3. At the end of Chapter 40, Paul Berlin reasons that the root goal or the Vietnam War is to spread what?
4. What item do the men find in their search of the train in Chapter 21?
(a) Cacciato's photo album.
(b) Cacciato's AWOL bag.
(c) Cacciato's uniform.
(d) Cacciato's dog tags.
5. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
(a) 12 to one.
(b) One to one.
(c) 6 to one.
(d) 4 to one.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
2. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
3. At the end of Chapter 29, Sarkin Aung Wan repeatedly berates Paul Berlin for what reason?
4. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
5. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)