|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the major at Paul Berlin's promotion review, why are they fighting in Vietnam?
(a) To spread Democracy.
(b) To win.
(c) To stop Communism.
(d) No reason.
2. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
(a) He has died.
(b) He is having fits of hysteria.
(c) He is catatonic.
(d) He is weeping.
3. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(b) Ready Mix.
(c) Bernie Lynn.
(d) Billy Boy Watkins.
4. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) The Danube.
(b) The Rhine.
(c) The Seine.
(d) The Rhine.
5. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Billy Boy Watkins.
(b) Ready Mix.
(d) Frenchie Tucker.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 29, Sarkin Aung Wan repeatedly berates Paul Berlin for what reason?
2. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
3. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
4. What does Third Squad discover in the mountains as they clear bodies in Chapter 27?
5. What is the boy from Chapter 31's favorite type of gum?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)