|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A tapeworm.
2. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
(a) Harold Murphy.
(b) Stick Harris.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
3. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
(b) Fresh fruit.
4. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
(a) It will let him see the world.
(b) It has taken him away from death.
(c) It will be a great war story.
(d) It has brought the squad together.
5. Why does Cacciato like Sidney Martin?
(a) Martin is from the same state as Cacciato.
(b) Martin likes black jack gum also.
(c) Martin gave Cacciato some of his rations.
(d) Martin let him carry the radio one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cacciato characterize the death of Sidney Martin in Chapter 36?
2. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
3. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
4. What action does each man in Third Squad perform to signify his agreement in killing Sidney Martin?
5. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)