|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clothing accessory does Paul Berlin recall vividly about a young,crying Vietnamese girl in Chapter 39?
(a) Hoop earrings.
(b) A Mickey Mouse watch.
(c) A headband.
(d) Cracked glasses.
2. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
(a) They did not want to win.
(b) They fought poorly.
(c) They did not have right on their side.
(d) Thye lacked the materials to win.
3. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
(a) Making love.
(b) Playing cards.
4. How does Cacciato characterize the death of Sidney Martin in Chapter 36?
(a) A sad thing.
(c) Kill or be killed.
(d) A blessing in disguise.
5. What form of public execution does the Squad attend in Chapter 29?
(a) A stoning.
(b) A firing squad.
(c) A hanging.
(d) A beheading.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
2. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
3. In Chapter, Doc Peret tells Captain Rhallon that the nonexistent treaty legitimizing Third Squad's international travel was ratified in what city?
4. Who nurses Lieutenant Corson back to health in Chapter 38?
5. Which member of Third Squad jumps off the ship and disappears at the end of Chapter 38?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)