|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in his arrival, Paul Berlin is warned by another soldier not to do what in regarding a paddy?
(a) Bathe in it.
(b) Pee in it.
(c) Wade in it.
(d) Drink from it.
2. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A periscope.
(b) A series of tubes.
(c) A telegraph machine.
(d) A foot messenger.
3. How does Third Squad get Lieutenant Corson out of Delhi in Chapter 26?
(a) They fake an ambush on Jolly Chand's lodging.
(b) They carry him to a train while he's passed out drunk.
(c) They threaten him with a court martial.
(d) They knock him out and drive him out of town.
4. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
(a) Duty and belief in mission.
(b) Despair and inebriation.
(c) Stupidity and weakness.
(d) Fear and self-respect.
5. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Taking local women along with the Squad.
(b) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
(c) Burning empty villages.
(d) Smoking pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he marches with Third Squad in Chapter 31, what does Paul Berlin plan to do in the coming weeks?
2. Who finally makes the move to steal the van for the girl driving?
3. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
4. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
5. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)