|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(b) The Viet Cong capture them.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(d) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
2. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A periscope.
(b) A telegraph machine.
(c) A series of tubes.
(d) A foot messenger.
3. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He is a writer at heart.
(b) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(c) He does not believe in the War.
(d) He will not fight well.
4. At the end of Chapter 40, Paul Berlin reasons that the root goal or the Vietnam War is to spread what?
5. Into what country does Third Squad arrive at the end of Chapter 36?
Short Answer Questions
1. What cause of death does Doc Peret give for Billy Boy Watkins?
2. Which of the following characters does not go the MARS system to call home in Chapter 24?
3. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
4. How does Cacciato characterize the death of Sidney Martin in Chapter 36?
5. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)