|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
(a) Scheduled leave.
(b) High blood pressure.
(c) His tour is up.
(d) A gangrenous wound.
2. To what movie player of villains does Stink Harris compare the executed man?
(a) Boris Karloff.
(b) Peter Lorre.
(c) Richard Widmark.
(d) Sidney Greenstreet.
3. What does Third Squad discover in the mountains as they clear bodies in Chapter 27?
4. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
(a) They did not want to win.
(b) They fought poorly.
(c) They did not have right on their side.
(d) Thye lacked the materials to win.
5. Cacciato tells Paul Berlin that the way to Paris is simple after one passes what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
2. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
3. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
4. At the end of Chapter 33, what does the brutal Iranian officer force Third Squad to call themselves?
5. Into what country does Third Squad arrive at the end of Chapter 36?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)