|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-Three, Outlawed on the Road to Paris, Chapter Thirty-Four, Lake Country, Chapter Thirty-Five, World's Greatest Lake Country.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(b) He is a writer at heart.
(c) He does not believe in the War.
(d) He will not fight well.
2. What happens to Paul Berlin when he is removed from isolation at the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) His neck is shaved.
(b) He is taken to visit Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) He is given a bath.
(d) He is beaten for information.
3. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To find maps.
(b) To retrieve a soldier's body.
(c) To search for VC.
(d) To blow it.
4. How long is Paul Berlin held in isolation after being arrested by the Iranian authorities?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
5. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
(a) Fear and self-respect.
(b) Despair and inebriation.
(c) Stupidity and weakness.
(d) Duty and belief in mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
2. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What does Captain Rhallon repeatedly say he would rather be doing than legal work?
4. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
5. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)