|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-Three, Outlawed on the Road to Paris, Chapter Thirty-Four, Lake Country, Chapter Thirty-Five, World's Greatest Lake Country.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what word does Paul Berlin describe Billy Boy Watkins' death in Chapter 32?
2. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Eddie Lazzuti.
(d) Harold Murphy.
3. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
(b) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
(c) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
4. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A telegraph machine.
(b) A series of tubes.
(c) A foot messenger.
(d) A periscope.
5. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(b) He will not fight well.
(c) He does not believe in the War.
(d) He is a writer at heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
2. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
3. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
4. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
5. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)