|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-Three, Outlawed on the Road to Paris, Chapter Thirty-Four, Lake Country, Chapter Thirty-Five, World's Greatest Lake Country.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He is a writer at heart.
(b) He does not believe in the War.
(c) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(d) He will not fight well.
2. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
(a) Phnom Penh.
(b) My Lai.
3. According to Doc Peret in Chapter 29, what is the root of Lieutenant Corson's illness?
4. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Stink Harris.
(d) His own.
5. What does Captain Rhallon repeatedly say he would rather be doing than legal work?
(a) Delivering mail.
(b) Making hummus.
(c) Killing Kurds.
(d) Hocking newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
2. What did Paul Berlin consider majoring in when he thought of attending the University of Iowa?
3. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
4. Who eventually searches the VC tunnel in Chapter 34?
5. What does Paul Berlin begin doing involuntarily as he lays awake in Chapter 31?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)