|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Six, Repose on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Seven, Flights of Imagination, Chapter Twenty-Eight, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
(b) His family.
(d) The number of days he has left in Vietnam.
2. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He does not believe in the War.
(b) He will not fight well.
(c) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(d) He is a writer at heart.
3. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Lieutenant Corson.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Paul Berlin.
4. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
(a) It is badly overgrown with roots and vines.
(b) It runs directly up the mountain without winding.
(c) It is horribly muddy.
(d) It has been booby trapped by the VC.
5. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
2. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
3. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
4. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Stink Harris refuse to do for Doc Peret?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)