|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Six, Repose on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Seven, Flights of Imagination, Chapter Twenty-Eight, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(a) His own.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
2. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Taking local women along with the Squad.
(b) Smoking pot.
(c) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
(d) Burning empty villages.
3. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
(a) Mass graves.
(b) Puddles of blood.
4. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
(c) St. Germaine.
5. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
2. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
4. In what American city did Jolly Chand live for a period?
5. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)