|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Six, Repose on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Seven, Flights of Imagination, Chapter Twenty-Eight, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) The Viet Cong capture them.
(b) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(c) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
2. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(c) Making love to him.
(d) Clipping his nails.
3. What is Lieutenant Martin's primary concern in Vietnam?
(a) His own safety.
(b) His reputation.
(c) The men.
(d) The mission.
4. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
(a) By bicycle.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By rickshaw.
5. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Ready Mix.
(b) Frenchie Tucker.
(d) Billy Boy Watkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Third Squad was killed when Sidney Martin called for an advance on the enemy in the mountains?
2. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
3. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
4. What item do the men find in their search of the train in Chapter 21?
5. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)