|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Six, Repose on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Seven, Flights of Imagination, Chapter Twenty-Eight, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Eddie Lazzuti.
2. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(c) Playing basketball.
(d) Shooting craps.
3. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(b) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(c) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(d) The Viet Cong capture them.
4. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(c) Phnom Penh.
5. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(a) Dog tags.
Short Answer Questions
1. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
2. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
3. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
4. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
5. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)