|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Six, Repose on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Seven, Flights of Imagination, Chapter Twenty-Eight, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(c) Paul Berlin.
2. What does Paul Berlin's host in Chapter 27 tell him he does not have?
(a) A history.
(b) A mission.
(c) A friend.
(d) A soul.
3. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(b) He is a writer at heart.
(c) He does not believe in the War.
(d) He will not fight well.
4. Who first informs the Lieutenant that Cacciato has gone AWOL?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Harold Murphy.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
5. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
2. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
3. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
4. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)