|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three Asylum on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Four, Calling Home, Chapter Twenty-Five, The Way It Mostly Was.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) A long branch.
(b) His rifle.
(c) A flagpole.
(d) A dried buffalo bone.
2. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) A flag pops up.
(b) A siren goes off.
(c) No one ever trips a mine.
(d) An NCO tells them.
3. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Eddie Lazzutti.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Stink Harris.
4. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) The Viet Cong capture them.
(b) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(d) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
5. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
(a) A television.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A HAM radio.
(d) An air conditioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
2. How is Cacciato dressed when Paul Berlin spots him in Chapter 18?
3. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
5. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)