|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three Asylum on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Four, Calling Home, Chapter Twenty-Five, The Way It Mostly Was.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first informs the Lieutenant that Cacciato has gone AWOL?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Harold Murphy.
2. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
(b) Water buffalo.
3. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
4. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
(a) A HAM radio.
(b) A television.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) An air conditioner.
5. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(b) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(c) The VC finally attacks the village.
(d) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
2. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
3. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
5. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)