|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three Asylum on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Four, Calling Home, Chapter Twenty-Five, The Way It Mostly Was.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A snake.
(c) An iguana.
(d) A cat.
2. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
3. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
(a) It is badly overgrown with roots and vines.
(b) It has been booby trapped by the VC.
(c) It is horribly muddy.
(d) It runs directly up the mountain without winding.
4. In what American city did Jolly Chand live for a period?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
5. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(c) A tapeworm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
2. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
3. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
4. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
5. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)