|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three Asylum on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Four, Calling Home, Chapter Twenty-Five, The Way It Mostly Was.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To find maps.
(b) To search for VC.
(c) To blow it.
(d) To retrieve a soldier's body.
2. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
(a) He is facing a court martial.
(b) The lieutenant will make a deal with him.
(c) He will starve to death in the jungle.
(d) He cannot walk to Paris.
3. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(b) Shooting craps.
(d) Playing basketball.
4. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) A long branch.
(b) A dried buffalo bone.
(c) A flagpole.
(d) His rifle.
5. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
(a) GI Joe.
(c) Spec Four.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what mid-west American town is the hotel where Third Squad checks in in Mandalay named?
2. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
3. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
4. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
5. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)