|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three Asylum on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Four, Calling Home, Chapter Twenty-Five, The Way It Mostly Was.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
(a) Cacciato is dead.
(b) Armageddon is nigh.
(c) They will all be court-martialed.
(d) The war is over.
2. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
(a) Fresh fruit.
3. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
(a) He cannot walk to Paris.
(b) He will starve to death in the jungle.
(c) The lieutenant will make a deal with him.
(d) He is facing a court martial.
4. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
(a) One to one.
(b) 4 to one.
(c) 12 to one.
(d) 6 to one.
5. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) A long branch.
(b) A dried buffalo bone.
(c) A flagpole.
(d) His rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
2. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
3. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
4. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
5. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)