|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three Asylum on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Four, Calling Home, Chapter Twenty-Five, The Way It Mostly Was.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cacciato use as a walking stick in Chapter 25?
(a) A dried buffalo bone.
(b) His rifle.
(c) A flagpole.
(d) A long branch.
2. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(b) The VC finally attacks the village.
(c) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(d) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
3. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) His own.
4. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Ready Mix.
(c) Frenchie Tucker.
(d) Billy Boy Watkins.
5. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
(a) The lieutenant will make a deal with him.
(b) He will starve to death in the jungle.
(c) He is facing a court martial.
(d) He cannot walk to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
2. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
3. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
4. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
5. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)