|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three Asylum on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Four, Calling Home, Chapter Twenty-Five, The Way It Mostly Was.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Stink Harris refuse to do for Doc Peret?
(a) Bag Frenchie Tucker's body.
(b) Talk to the dying Bernie Lynn.
(c) Go into the tunnel.
(d) Give Bernie Lynn an injection.
2. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
(a) The war is over.
(b) Armageddon is nigh.
(c) They will all be court-martialed.
(d) Cacciato is dead.
3. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
(a) He is in the exact middle.
(b) He is right behind the Lieutenant.
(c) He is on point.
(d) He takes the back.
4. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Harold Murphy.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Paul Berlin.
5. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(b) The VC finally attacks the village.
(c) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
(d) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Paul Berlin shocked not to see on the mountain road in Chapter 25?
2. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
3. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
4. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
5. Who falls in love in Delhi?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)