|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three Asylum on the Road to Paris, Chapter Twenty-Four, Calling Home, Chapter Twenty-Five, The Way It Mostly Was.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To search for VC.
(b) To find maps.
(c) To blow it.
(d) To retrieve a soldier's body.
2. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
3. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
(a) The war is over.
(b) They will all be court-martialed.
(c) Cacciato is dead.
(d) Armageddon is nigh.
4. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
(d) Water buffalo.
5. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(b) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(c) The VC finally attacks the village.
(d) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
2. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
3. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
4. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
5. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)