|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, A Hole in the Road to Paris, Chapter Eleven, Fire in the Hole, Chapter Twelve, The Observation Post, Chapter Thirteen, Falling Through A Hole in the Road to Paris,Chapter Fourteen, Upon Almost Winning the Silver Star , Chapter Fifteen, Tunnel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) Scheduled leave.
(c) A gangrenous wound.
(d) His tour is up.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Stink Harris refuse to do for Doc Peret?
(a) Talk to the dying Bernie Lynn.
(b) Go into the tunnel.
(c) Bag Frenchie Tucker's body.
(d) Give Bernie Lynn an injection.
3. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(b) A tapeworm.
4. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
5. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A vacuum.
(b) A deafening roar.
(c) A spa.
(d) An oasis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
2. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
4. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
5. Which of the following men votes to in Chapter 3 to turn back?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)