|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, A Hole in the Road to Paris, Chapter Eleven, Fire in the Hole, Chapter Twelve, The Observation Post, Chapter Thirteen, Falling Through A Hole in the Road to Paris,Chapter Fourteen, Upon Almost Winning the Silver Star , Chapter Fifteen, Tunnel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The VC finally attacks the village.
(b) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
(c) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(d) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
2. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
3. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Eddie Lazzuti.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
4. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
(a) A gangrenous wound.
(b) High blood pressure.
(c) His tour is up.
(d) Scheduled leave.
5. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
2. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
3. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
4. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
5. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)