|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, A Hole in the Road to Paris, Chapter Eleven, Fire in the Hole, Chapter Twelve, The Observation Post, Chapter Thirteen, Falling Through A Hole in the Road to Paris,Chapter Fourteen, Upon Almost Winning the Silver Star , Chapter Fifteen, Tunnel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
(b) St. Germaine.
2. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
3. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
4. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) A flag pops up.
(b) A siren goes off.
(c) No one ever trips a mine.
(d) An NCO tells them.
5. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) His own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
2. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
3. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Stink Harris refuse to do for Doc Peret?
5. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)