|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Detours on the Road to Paris, Chapter Seven, Riding the Road to Paris, Chapter Eight, The Observation Post, Chapter Nine, How Bernie Lynn Died After Frenchie Tucker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
(a) His ear.
(b) His arm.
(c) His testicle.
(d) His leg.
2. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Eddie Lazzuti.
(d) Paul Berlin.
3. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
(a) He takes the back.
(b) He is right behind the Lieutenant.
(c) He is in the exact middle.
(d) He is on point.
4. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(b) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(d) The Viet Cong capture them.
5. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
(a) An old land mine.
(b) A smoke grenade.
(c) A frag grenade.
(d) A sterno container.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
3. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
4. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
5. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)