|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Detours on the Road to Paris, Chapter Seven, Riding the Road to Paris, Chapter Eight, The Observation Post, Chapter Nine, How Bernie Lynn Died After Frenchie Tucker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
2. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Lieutenant Corson.
(d) Doc Peret.
3. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
(a) 4 to one.
(b) One to one.
(c) 6 to one.
(d) 12 to one.
4. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) A flag pops up.
(b) A siren goes off.
(c) An NCO tells them.
(d) No one ever trips a mine.
5. Who first informs the Lieutenant that Cacciato has gone AWOL?
(a) Harold Murphy.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Paul Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
2. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
3. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Stink Harris refuse to do for Doc Peret?
5. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)