|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Detours on the Road to Paris, Chapter Seven, Riding the Road to Paris, Chapter Eight, The Observation Post, Chapter Nine, How Bernie Lynn Died After Frenchie Tucker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
(a) His testicle.
(b) His leg.
(c) His ear.
(d) His arm.
2. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(b) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(d) The Viet Cong capture them.
3. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
(a) He speads up his pace.
(b) He waves at them.
(c) He fires on them.
(d) He lights his own smoke grenade.
4. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(a) His own.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
5. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
(d) Stringing beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
2. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
3. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
4. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
5. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)