|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Detours on the Road to Paris, Chapter Seven, Riding the Road to Paris, Chapter Eight, The Observation Post, Chapter Nine, How Bernie Lynn Died After Frenchie Tucker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Paul Berlin.
(d) Lieutenant Corson.
2. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To find maps.
(b) To search for VC.
(c) To blow it.
(d) To retrieve a soldier's body.
3. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
(a) His testicle.
(b) His arm.
(c) His ear.
(d) His leg.
4. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(d) Dog tags.
5. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
(a) Stringing beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
2. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
3. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
5. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)