|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Detours on the Road to Paris, Chapter Seven, Riding the Road to Paris, Chapter Eight, The Observation Post, Chapter Nine, How Bernie Lynn Died After Frenchie Tucker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
2. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
(a) His ear.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His testicle.
3. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(b) A tapeworm.
4. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
(a) He will starve to death in the jungle.
(b) The lieutenant will make a deal with him.
(c) He is facing a court martial.
(d) He cannot walk to Paris.
5. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) His own.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
2. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
3. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
4. Who wants to fire on Cacciato in this chapter?
5. What does Cacciato leave as a booby trap for Third Squad in this chapter?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)