|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Detours on the Road to Paris, Chapter Seven, Riding the Road to Paris, Chapter Eight, The Observation Post, Chapter Nine, How Bernie Lynn Died After Frenchie Tucker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(b) Dog tags.
2. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
(a) He takes the back.
(b) He is right behind the Lieutenant.
(c) He is on point.
(d) He is in the exact middle.
3. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Burning empty villages.
(b) Smoking pot.
(c) Taking local women along with the Squad.
(d) Blowing tunnels instead of searching them.
4. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
(a) The next day.
(b) The same day.
(c) An indeterminant number of days after.
(d) Days before.
5. What is the ratio of support personnel to combat personnel in Chu Lai?
(a) 6 to one.
(b) 4 to one.
(c) One to one.
(d) 12 to one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
2. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What name does Sarkin Aung Wan call Paul Berlin?
4. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
5. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)