|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Detours on the Road to Paris, Chapter Seven, Riding the Road to Paris, Chapter Eight, The Observation Post, Chapter Nine, How Bernie Lynn Died After Frenchie Tucker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A tapeworm.
2. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
(a) He cannot walk to Paris.
(b) The lieutenant will make a deal with him.
(c) He will starve to death in the jungle.
(d) He is facing a court martial.
3. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) A flag pops up.
(b) No one ever trips a mine.
(c) A siren goes off.
(d) An NCO tells them.
4. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
5. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Doc Peret.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
2. What proclamation does Doc Peret repeatedly make as the squad travels on the cart?
3. What action do the two older women continually do as they ride with Third Squad?
4. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
5. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)