|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Detours on the Road to Paris, Chapter Seven, Riding the Road to Paris, Chapter Eight, The Observation Post, Chapter Nine, How Bernie Lynn Died After Frenchie Tucker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who is supposed to relieve Paul Berlin of his post?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Doc Peret.
2. What impeding event occurs as the Third Squad crosses the river into Laos?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti sets off a mine.
(b) Lieutenant Corson passes out.
(c) They are ordered to turn back by a beret.
(d) The Viet Cong capture them.
3. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
(a) To retrieve a soldier's body.
(b) To blow it.
(c) To search for VC.
(d) To find maps.
4. What item does Cacciato strew on the road to guide Third Squad?
(d) Dog tags.
5. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Lieutenant Corson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
2. What east of burden does Stink Harris shoot in Chapter 6?
3. According to Doc Peret, soldiers need to beware of an excess of what substance?
4. What kind of animal do the Third Squad see Cacciato swinging around in this chapter?
5. Where is Paul Berlin's place in the march order?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)