Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-Three, Outlawed on the Road to Paris, Chapter Thirty-Four, Lake Country, Chapter Thirty-Five, World's Greatest Lake Country.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
(a) A gangrenous wound.
(b) His tour is up.
(c) High blood pressure.
(d) Scheduled leave.
2. What action does each man in Third Squad perform to signify his agreement in killing Sidney Martin?
(a) Hand a bullet to Oscar Johnson.
(b) Touch Oscar Johnson's grenade.
(c) Raise his hand.
3. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
4. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
5. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
(a) Despair and inebriation.
(b) Duty and belief in mission.
(c) Fear and self-respect.
(d) Stupidity and weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul Berlin end up saying to his parents over the MARS system?
2. In Chapter 9, what is Doc Peret's special medicine for Bernie Lynn?
3. Why does Cacciato like Sidney Martin?
4. In Chapter 25, why is the mountain road particularly bad for a march?
5. Where does Paul Berlin decide he will take a flat when he moves to Paris after the war?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)