|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty-One, Getting Shot, Chapter Forty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what does Cacciato slip through the prison window to Paul Berlin?
(b) A cyanide capsule.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A Bible.
2. What action does each man in Third Squad perform to signify his agreement in killing Sidney Martin?
(b) Hand a bullet to Oscar Johnson.
(c) Raise his hand.
(d) Touch Oscar Johnson's grenade.
3. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(b) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(c) The VC finally attacks the village.
(d) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
4. What city are the three refugee women in the cart from?
(b) My Lai.
(d) Phnom Penh.
5. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
(a) An indeterminant number of days after.
(b) Days before.
(c) The same day.
(d) The next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an unofficial SOP mentioned in Chapter 4?
2. What bit of information does Oscar Johnson not give to Cacciato during their parlay?
3. What clothing accessory does Paul Berlin recall vividly about a young,crying Vietnamese girl in Chapter 39?
4. Who finally makes the move to steal the van for the girl driving?
5. What does Third Squad discover in the mountains as they clear bodies in Chapter 27?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)