|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty-One, Getting Shot, Chapter Forty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sidney Martin take so long to get air support after the tunnel attacks?
(a) He does not theink air support is necessary.
(b) He cannot find the radio.
(c) He cannot get a signal.
(d) He cannot find the coordinates.
2. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
(b) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(c) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(d) The VC finally attacks the village.
3. What did Billy Boy and the others do to pass the time on the afternoon he died?
(a) Sing folk songs.
(b) Shoot Coke cans.
(c) Play soccer.
(d) Shoot craps.
4. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
(a) Ready Mix.
(c) Billy Boy Watkins.
(d) Frenchie Tucker.
5. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) The Rhine.
(b) The Danube.
(c) The Rhine.
(d) The Seine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appliance did Doc Peret disassemble as a child?
2. After New Years Day in Chapter 29, what year is it?
3. In Chapter 39, Paul Berlin acknowledges that he went to war because he believes in what?
4. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
5. Early in his arrival, Paul Berlin is warned by another soldier not to do what in regarding a paddy?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)