|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty-One, Getting Shot, Chapter Forty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Oscar Johnson offer the big gun before giving it to Harold Murphy?
(b) Eddie Lazzutti.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Paul Berlin.
2. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
(a) Punch Oscar Johnson.
(b) Take half their rations.
(c) Force them to march nearly twice the normal distance.
(d) Write their names in a notebook.
3. Who nurses Lieutenant Corson back to health in Chapter 38?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Sarkin Aung Wan.
(c) Jolly Chand.
(d) Doc Peret.
4. Which character begins falling in love with Sarkin Aung Wan?
(a) Paul Berlin.
(b) Lieutenant Corson.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Doc Peret.
5. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) An NCO tells them.
(b) A flag pops up.
(c) A siren goes off.
(d) No one ever trips a mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Sidney Martin send Bernie Lynn into the tunnel?
2. Who eventually gets Buff's helmet in Chapter 41?
3. Cacciato tells Paul Berlin that the way to Paris is simple after one passes what city?
4. What time is it at the end of Chapter 42?
5. How does Cacciato characterize the death of Sidney Martin in Chapter 36?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)