|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty-One, Getting Shot, Chapter Forty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
(a) He lights his own smoke grenade.
(b) He waves at them.
(c) He fires on them.
(d) He speads up his pace.
2. What did Paul Berlin consider majoring in when he thought of attending the University of Iowa?
(d) Political Science.
3. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) A vacuum.
(b) A spa.
(c) An oasis.
(d) A deafening roar.
4. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Shooting craps.
5. What happens to Paul Berlin when he is removed from isolation at the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) He is taken to visit Sarkin Aung Wan.
(b) His neck is shaved.
(c) He is beaten for information.
(d) He is given a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sidney Martin do in Chapter 34 to put his men on notice?
2. Who is the first person that Doc Peret toasts in Chapter 18?
3. What time is it at the end of Chapter 42?
4. Who makes of up the phrase "The World's Greatest Lake Country?"
5. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)