|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty-One, Getting Shot, Chapter Forty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in his arrival, Paul Berlin is warned by another soldier not to do what in regarding a paddy?
(a) Drink from it.
(b) Pee in it.
(c) Bathe in it.
(d) Wade in it.
2. What official houses Third Squad at their destination in of Chapter 27?
(a) An Ambassador.
(b) A Mayor.
(c) A Governor.
(d) A Colonel.
3. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
(b) Walking wounded.
(c) Sunday civilian.
4. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He is a writer at heart.
(b) He will not fight well.
(c) He does not believe in the War.
(d) He will never really leave the Midwest.
5. According to Paul Berlin in Chapter 37, where are most booby traps located?
(a) In villages.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) In farmland.
(d) Along trails.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 33, what does the brutal Iranian officer force Third Squad to call themselves?
2. The sight of which soldier fills Sidney Martin with pride in Chapter 25?
3. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
4. What happens to Paul Berlin when he is removed from isolation at the beginning of Chapter 33?
5. What cause of death does Doc Peret give for Billy Boy Watkins?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)