|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty-One, Getting Shot, Chapter Forty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Eddie Lazzuti.
(d) Harold Murphy.
2. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
(b) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
(c) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
(d) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
3. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
4. What does the boy in Chapter 31 do involuntarily from time to time?
(a) Fiddle with his rifle.
(b) Do situps.
5. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
(a) They did not have right on their side.
(b) They fought poorly.
(c) They did not want to win.
(d) Thye lacked the materials to win.
Short Answer Questions
1. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
2. In what state is Lieutenant Corson at the end of Third Squad's first night with Jolly Chand?
3. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
4. Which member of Third Squad jumps off the ship and disappears at the end of Chapter 38?
5. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)