|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty-One, Getting Shot, Chapter Forty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally makes the move to steal the van for the girl driving?
(a) Oscar Johnson.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Leiutenant Corson.
2. What does Paul Berlin think about during the Chapter 25 mountain march?
(c) The number of days he has left in Vietnam.
(d) His family.
3. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
4. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(b) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(c) The VC finally attacks the village.
(d) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
5. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
(a) They did not want to win.
(b) They did not have right on their side.
(c) Thye lacked the materials to win.
(d) They fought poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
2. Who eventually searches the VC tunnel in Chapter 34?
3. With what word does Paul Berlin describe Billy Boy Watkins' death in Chapter 32?
4. In Chapter, Doc Peret tells Captain Rhallon that the nonexistent treaty legitimizing Third Squad's international travel was ratified in what city?
5. What time is it in Chapter 32?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)