|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-One, Night March, Chapter Thirty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) An oasis.
(b) A spa.
(c) A deafening roar.
(d) A vacuum.
2. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
(a) By bicycle.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By rickshaw.
3. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A telegraph machine.
(b) A periscope.
(c) A foot messenger.
(d) A series of tubes.
4. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
5. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They will all die soon.
(b) They have been kidnapped.
(c) They are never returning to Vietnam.
(d) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
2. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
3. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
4. On the bumpy ride into hot territory in Chapter 20, which Squad member falls to the floor of the Chinook and cannot get up?
5. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)