|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-One, Night March, Chapter Thirty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(b) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
(c) The VC finally attacks the village.
(d) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
2. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By rickshaw.
3. As he marches with Third Squad in Chapter 31, what does Paul Berlin plan to do in the coming weeks?
(a) Learn to get by on two hours of sleep.
(c) Write a letter to his father.
(d) Learn to act like them.
4. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
(a) Making love to him.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Clipping his nails.
5. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(b) He does not believe in the War.
(c) He will not fight well.
(d) He is a writer at heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
2. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
3. What cause of death does Doc Peret give for Billy Boy Watkins?
4. What item do the men find in their search of the train in Chapter 21?
5. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)