|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-One, Night March, Chapter Thirty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He does not believe in the War.
(b) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(c) He will not fight well.
(d) He is a writer at heart.
2. What does Paul Berlin's host in Chapter 27 tell him he does not have?
(a) A friend.
(b) A mission.
(c) A history.
(d) A soul.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Pee in a paddy.
(d) Fall asleep.
4. What action is Sarkin Aung Wan doing in Chapter 17 when Paul Berlin explains to her that they must catch Cacciato before going to Paris?
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Making love to him.
(d) Clipping his nails.
5. What are the "lakes" of the The World's Greatest Lake Country?
(a) Puddles of blood.
(c) Mass graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
2. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
3. In the latrine in Chapter 4, whose name does Paul Berlin see written on the wall?
4. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
5. Which of the following is not an activity that Sarkin Aung Wan and Paul Berlin do to pass the time in Delhi?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)