|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-One, Night March, Chapter Thirty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
(a) He does not believe in the War.
(b) He will never really leave the Midwest.
(c) He will not fight well.
(d) He is a writer at heart.
2. What time is it in Chapter 32?
(a) 2:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
3. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
(a) A flag pops up.
(b) An NCO tells them.
(c) No one ever trips a mine.
(d) A siren goes off.
4. How does Cacciato escape while Paul Berlin is passed out?
(a) By train.
(b) By rickshaw.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By car.
5. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
(a) Harold Murphy.
(c) Stink Harris.
(d) Eddie Lazzuti.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what term do the men of Third Squad refer to Lieutenant Corson after he tells them he will not be leaving Delhi?
2. In Chapter 5, what month does Paul Berlin determine it is?
3. What does Paul Berlin's host in Chapter 27 tell him he does not have?
4. Before leaving for Vietnam, Berlin's father tells him to keep an eye out for what?
5. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)