|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-One, Night March, Chapter Thirty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 31, as Third Squad stops during the march, what does Paul Berlin do?
(a) Pee in a paddy.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Fall asleep.
2. In Chapter 21, the delirious Lieutenant tells Paul Berlin what truth about their situation?
(a) They will all die soon.
(b) They are never returning to Vietnam.
(c) They and Cacciato are one and the same.
(d) They have been kidnapped.
3. When do the the events of Chapter 2 occur in relation to Chapter 1?
(a) Days before.
(b) An indeterminant number of days after.
(c) The same day.
(d) The next day.
4. Which member of Third Squad was killed when Sidney Martin called for an advance on the enemy in the mountains?
(a) Ready Mix.
(c) Bernie Lynn.
5. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
(a) Phnom Penh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul Berlin begin doing involuntarily as he lays awake in Chapter 31?
2. After setting off a booby trap, what action does Billy Boy Watkins keep attempting to do?
3. While practicing in a fake minefield in Chapter 4, how do new soldiers know that have tripped a "mine?"
4. In Chapter 22, the author mentions that which man was never expected to survive the war and didn't?
5. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)