|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-One, Night March, Chapter Thirty-Two, The Observation Post.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy from Chapter 31's favorite type of gum?
(a) Black Jack.
(b) Big League Chew.
(c) Double mint.
(d) Juicy Fruit.
2. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Fuck you.
(c) Bye bye.
(d) I'm sorry.
3. In Chapter 19, what does Paul Berlin realize is the true value of the Cacciato pursuit?
(a) It will let him see the world.
(b) It will be a great war story.
(c) It has taken him away from death.
(d) It has brought the squad together.
4. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The VC finally attacks the village.
(b) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(c) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(d) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
5. As he marches with Third Squad in Chapter 31, what does Paul Berlin plan to do in the coming weeks?
(b) Write a letter to his father.
(c) Learn to act like them.
(d) Learn to get by on two hours of sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what assumption about himself does Paul Berlin acknowledge is true?
2. What animal were Paul Berlin and his father when they went to Indian Guides camp?
3. In Chapter 4, the author indicates that the Squad organizes themselves by all of the following bases except which?
4. Who is the gun-chewing boy in Chapter 31?
5. At what is Pederson shooting as he dies in the paddy?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)