|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Rhallon repeatedly say he would rather be doing than legal work?
(a) Making hummus.
(b) Killing Kurds.
(c) Delivering mail.
(d) Hocking newspapers.
2. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) An oasis.
(b) A deafening roar.
(c) A vacuum.
(d) A spa.
3. In Chapter, Doc Peret tells Captain Rhallon that the nonexistent treaty legitimizing Third Squad's international travel was ratified in what city?
4. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(b) The VC finally attacks the village.
(c) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(d) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
5. Cacciato tells Paul Berlin that the way to Paris is simple after one passes what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
2. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
3. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
4. What does Paul Berlin plan to stop doing after the war is over?
5. After New Years Day in Chapter 29, what year is it?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)