|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(d) Shooting craps.
2. According to Doc Peret in Chapter 29, what is the root of Lieutenant Corson's illness?
3. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
(a) A gangrenous wound.
(b) His tour is up.
(c) Scheduled leave.
(d) High blood pressure.
4. In what country is the liner docked when it is searched by police in this chapter?
5. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
(a) The filth.
(b) The anxiety.
(c) The sleeplessness.
(d) The guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
2. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
3. Where does the girl say she has contacts that can help the soldiers escape military duty?
4. What season is it at the end of Chapter 40?
5. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)