|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
(b) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
(c) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
2. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A telegraph machine.
(b) A series of tubes.
(c) A foot messenger.
(d) A periscope.
3. What does the girl in the van think must be the worst part of going to war?
(a) The sleeplessness.
(b) The guilt.
(c) The filth.
(d) The anxiety.
4. Which member of Third Squad always daydreams abut what he'd do with a million dollars?
(a) Doc Peret.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Eddie Lazzutti.
(d) Oscar Johnson.
5. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(a) Bernie Lynn.
(b) Ready Mix.
(c) Billy Boy Watkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
2. At the end of Chapter 29, Sarkin Aung Wan repeatedly berates Paul Berlin for what reason?
3. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
4. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
5. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)