|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
(a) Fear and self-respect.
(b) Stupidity and weakness.
(c) Despair and inebriation.
(d) Duty and belief in mission.
2. What season is it at the end of Chapter 40?
3. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) The Rhine.
(b) The Danube.
(c) The Rhine.
(d) The Seine.
4. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(b) Shooting craps.
(c) Playing basketball.
5. Where does the girl say she has contacts that can help the soldiers escape military duty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday does Third Squad celebrate in Tehran?
2. How long has Li Van Hgoc been sentenced to duty in the tunnel?
3. In Chapter 14, why is Frenchie Tucker about to leave the front when he is shot?
4. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
5. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)