|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(a) Billy Boy Watkins.
(b) Ready Mix.
(c) Bernie Lynn.
2. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A periscope.
(b) A telegraph machine.
(c) A foot messenger.
(d) A series of tubes.
3. In this chapter, of what does Oscar Johnson say Stink Johnson was full?
(c) Piss and vinegar.
(d) Ill will.
4. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
(a) Cacciato punches him in the groin.
(b) Stink cannot get his arms all the way around Cacciato.
(c) Cacciato is sweaty and slick.
(d) Cacciato bites him.
5. To what movie player of villains does Stink Harris compare the executed man?
(a) Peter Lorre.
(b) Richard Widmark.
(c) Sidney Greenstreet.
(d) Boris Karloff.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 40, Paul Berlin reasons that the root goal or the Vietnam War is to spread what?
2. Why does Doc declare the Nazis and Japanese lost World War II?
3. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
4. At the end of Chapter 29, Sarkin Aung Wan repeatedly berates Paul Berlin for what reason?
5. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)