|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
(a) Fights with her father.
(b) Her last relationship.
(c) Her two year of college.
(d) The Catholic Church.
2. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
(a) Despair and inebriation.
(b) Stupidity and weakness.
(c) Duty and belief in mission.
(d) Fear and self-respect.
3. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
(b) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
(c) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
(d) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
4. What form of public execution does the Squad attend in Chapter 29?
(a) A firing squad.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A stoning.
(d) A beheading.
5. What words does Paul Berlin state to himself without emotion as he watches Chapter 11's air-strike?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Fuck you.
(c) I'm sorry.
(d) Bye bye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Paul Berlin borrow from the sleeping Eddie in Chapter 30?
2. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
3. Who finally makes the move to steal the van for the girl driving?
4. At the end of Chapter 29, Sarkin Aung Wan repeatedly berates Paul Berlin for what reason?
5. Where does the girl say she has contacts that can help the soldiers escape military duty?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)