|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this chapter, to what does the girl in the van compare to the War?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) Fights with her father.
(c) Her last relationship.
(d) Her two year of college.
2. How does Stink Harris lose his hold on Cacciato in the brush?
(a) Cacciato punches him in the groin.
(b) Cacciato is sweaty and slick.
(c) Cacciato bites him.
(d) Stink cannot get his arms all the way around Cacciato.
3. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
(a) Shooting makeshift skeet.
(b) Playing basketball.
(d) Shooting craps.
4. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(a) Billy Boy Watkins.
(b) Ready Mix.
(c) Bernie Lynn.
5. Who finally makes the move to steal the van for the girl driving?
(a) Eddie Lazzutti.
(b) Leiutenant Corson.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Paul Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
2. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
3. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
4. In Chapter, Doc Peret tells Captain Rhallon that the nonexistent treaty legitimizing Third Squad's international travel was ratified in what city?
5. In what country is the liner docked when it is searched by police in this chapter?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)