|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 40, Paul Berlin reasons that the root goal or the Vietnam War is to spread what?
2. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
(a) Doc Peret discusses the Shah publicly.
(b) Oscar Johnson gets in a bar fight.
(c) Stink Harris insults a mullah.
(d) Eddie Lazzutti asks a cop directions.
3. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(b) Ready Mix.
(c) Billy Boy Watkins.
(d) Bernie Lynn.
4. What finally breaks the unnerving calm at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Rudy Chassler trips a mine.
(b) Cacciato and Stink Harris get in a fistfight.
(c) A new soldier shoots himself in the foot.
(d) The VC finally attacks the village.
5. To what movie player of villains does Stink Harris compare the executed man?
(a) Richard Widmark.
(b) Sidney Greenstreet.
(c) Boris Karloff.
(d) Peter Lorre.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
2. At what town does Lieutenant Corson decide to cut off Cacciato in Chapter 10?
3. What does Captain Rhallon repeatedly say he would rather be doing than legal work?
4. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
5. From what state is the American girl in the VW van that picks up Third Squad outside of Zagreb?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)