|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Forty, By a Stretch of the Imagination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is not among those that Li Van Hgoc serves to Third Squad in Chapter 13?
(c) Fresh fruit.
2. How does Li Van Hgoc maintain constant communication with the world above him?
(a) A series of tubes.
(b) A foot messenger.
(c) A periscope.
(d) A telegraph machine.
3. Cacciato tells Paul Berlin that the way to Paris is simple after one passes what city?
4. In Chapter 11, Sidney Martin calls in a massive air-strike following the death of which of his men?
(a) Ready Mix.
(b) Bernie Lynn.
(d) Billy Boy Watkins.
5. How does Doc Peret describe the quiet of the village in Chapter 16?
(a) An oasis.
(b) A spa.
(c) A vacuum.
(d) A deafening roar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Third Squad always daydreams abut what he'd do with a million dollars?
2. According to Doc Peret, what are the two reasons why soldiers choose not to desert?
3. Which European river do the men cross at the end of Chapter 40?
4. In Chapter 16, what do the men start doing to pass time during a period of relative quiet?
5. Why are Third Squad arrested in Chapter 29?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)