1. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Stink Harris.
(b) Frenchie Tucker.
(c) Ready Mix.
(d) Lt. Sidney Martin.
2. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(d) A tapeworm.
3. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
(a) His testicle.
(b) His leg.
(c) His ear.
(d) His arm.
4. Who first informs the Lieutenant that Cacciato has gone AWOL?
(a) Harold Murphy.
(b) Paul Berlin.
(c) Oscar Johnson.
(d) Doc Peret.
5. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
6. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
7. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
(a) He speads up his pace.
(b) He waves at them.
(c) He fires on them.
(d) He lights his own smoke grenade.
This section contains 4,313 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)