Chapter One, Going After Cacciato
1. Which of the following names is not among the dead listed in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Frenchie Tucker.
(b) Stink Harris.
(c) Lt. Sidney Martin.
(d) Ready Mix.
2. From what ailment is Lieutenant Corson suffering at the beginning of the novel?
(c) A tapeworm.
3. What body part does Vaught lose after leaving the front?
(a) His leg.
(b) His testicle.
(c) His ear.
(d) His arm.
4. Who first informs the Lieutenant that Cacciato has gone AWOL?
(a) Harold Murphy.
(b) Oscar Johnson.
(c) Doc Peret.
(d) Paul Berlin.
5. Through what nearby country does Cacciato tell Berlin he intends to pass on his way to Paris?
6. What race does Doc Peret say is evident in Cacciato's appearance?
7. How does Cacciato respond to the Third Squad's lighting a smoke grenade early in their pursuit?
(a) He fires on them.
(b) He lights his own smoke grenade.
(c) He waves at them.
(d) He speads up his pace.
This section contains 4,313 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)