Chapter One, Going After Cacciato
* Cacciato wanders away from the squad, intending to walk to Paris.
* Lieutenant Corson leads Squad Three in pursuit of Cacciato.
Chapter Two, The Observation Post, Chapter Three, The Road to Paris,Chapter Four, How They Were Organized, Chapter Five, The Observation Post
* The Squad enters Laos and votes to continue the pursuit.
* Paul Berlin recall his first weeks in Vietnam.
Chapter Six, Detours on the Road to Paris, Chapter Seven, Riding the Road to Paris, Chapter Eight, The Observation Post, Chapter Nine, How Bernie Lynn Died After Frenchie Tucker
* Third Squad joins Sarkin Aung Wan and her aunts on the road after killing their water-buffalo.
* Sarkin Aung Wan likes Paul Berlin and the idea of going to Paris.
* Bernie Lynn and Frenchie Tucker die, searching a tunnel for Sidney Martin.
Chapter Ten, A Hole in the Road to Paris, Chapter Eleven, Fire in the Hole, Chapter Twelve, The Observation Post, Chapter Thirteen, Falling Through A Hole in the Road to Paris,Chapter Fourteen, Upon Almost Winning the Silver Star , Chapter Fifteen, Tunnel
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)