|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Go Down Death—A Funeral Sermon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which biblical story is 'The Prodigal Son' based on?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) Kain and Abel.
(d) The prodigal son.
2. In the poem 'The Prodigal Son,' where does the son travel to?
(a) Far away lands.
(b) His brother's castle.
(c) The village.
(d) The city.
3. How does God bring man to life in the last stanza of 'The Creation'?
(a) He blows breath into him.
(b) He claps his hands.
(c) He prays.
(d) He holds him.
4. In the poem 'Listen, Lord,' what does the speaker say the preacher's imagination should be cleaned with?
5. What experience is the woman in 'Go Down Death' going through?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker ask for the sinners in the poem 'Listen, Lord'?
2. What is the boy's new life like in 'The Prodigal Son' ?
3. What does the speaker request in the final stanza of 'Listen, Lord'?
4. What does the boy in 'The Prodigal Son' compare his new life to?
5. What is the woman's reaction to Death in 'Go Down Death'?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)