|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Prodigal Son.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem 'The Creation,' what appears in the sky at the end of stanza seven?
(a) The stars.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) The moon.
2. What does God describe as "Blacker that a hundred midnights?"
(b) The sky.
(c) The swamp.
(d) The night.
3. Where does Johnson say in the poem 'The Prodigal Son,' the road away from one's father lead?
(a) Back home.
(b) To freedom.
(c) To heaven's gates.
(d) To the gates of hell.
4. In 'The Prodigal Son,' what work did the boy do at his father's home?
(b) Cattle herding.
(c) Field work.
5. In the poem 'Listen, Lord' what does the speaker want the preacher protected from?
(a) Bad weather.
(c) The unfaithful.
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy in 'The Prodigal Son' compare his new life to?
2. What is 'Listen, Lord' about?
3. Who does the speaker of 'Listen, Lord' want the people to worship?
4. In the third stanza of 'The Prodigal Son,', one of the man's sons approaches him with a question. Which son approaches?
5. What does the prodigal son ask his father for?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)